Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2021, 11:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

love that! he just punches him and walks away.

I can watch it all day!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Saw some people on Reddit say that had ASP been there for season 7, she would have possibly made Chris Lorelai's endgame because she was a huge fan of Chris. Me being new to the fandom, I don't know much of anything of what went on back in the day or of ASP.... but I do not get the sense, from the way she writers Chris through the series, that this in the case at all? But the they said the way she was writing Chris in season 6 was her starting to redeem him and so it would be the start of her going towards a C/L endgame. Again, WHAT? Any "redemption" he had went out the window as soon as he slept with an emotionally vulnerable Lorelai in the season 6 finale, and that was all ASP.

I actually give credit to the season 7 writers, because for all I HATE having to witness that Chirs/Lorelai relationship, at least they did no redeeming of Chris and only used the relationship to show us how terrible and not meant to be, C/L were and showed us even more what a POS Chris is. I really think his worst moments (besides his actions in Wedding Bell Blues) are in season 7.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Dp
Old 06-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw those comments too and i agree that I never got the sense that she liked Chris or C/L much. I'm new to the fandom too but I did read some articles from back then and it seemed that she always wanted LL. also, some people said they were redeeming Anna also to have her and Luke together but I didn't see them redeeming Anna at all, she was awful in season 6 and 7. I think those are just fan theories though, pretty sure they don't have any basis to them. though I did start thinking about the C/L thing because he went to Lane's wedding with her (did Luke know about that) and she babysat Gigi so maybe they were going to try something.

it would have made absolutely no sense if they made C/L endgame not with how much time they spent on LL.

one person also brought up how Chris was okay with her going to the hospital when April was sick so he must not have been insecure but did she even tell him that she went..
Old 06-05-2021, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, from what very little I have read, LL always seemed to be her goal. She would use Chris as a plot device who keeps coming back, but him being Lorelai's endgame didn't seem to be on the cards. Plus, AYITL is supposed to be ASP's season 7 do-over as such. So if we go by that, ASP would've had L/L married by the end of the series. So there's no way she would've had Chris and Lorelai in a relationship longer than what the season 7 writers gave us and she definitely would not have married them lol. The only way I could ever see her sticking with an almost full season of C/L, was if the network gave her a season 8 and she would use that to repair Luke and Lorelai.

What grates me about the last handful of episodes when Chris is showing up more, and especially in the Lane's wedding episode, is that it was like a false picture of him and Luke were being painted. What, suddenly Chris is this "hero" who storms in and is there for Lorelai to take her to the wedding, then carries her home and gets her into bed safely. While Luke is absent and has been pushing Lorelai away and suddenly not attune to her feelings? That's not Luke at all. Everything just felt OOC for them, but for Luke especially. So idk, maybe ASP was building to something. But it's embarrassingly done so. Like, "look audience see how much Luke sucks now?? And you know that ****ty guy, the deadbeat dad, look how AMAZING he is now!!!" But if that is the way she was going, like I said, having Chris take advantage of an emotioninally vulnerable Lorelai and sleep with her, erases any "development" he had in those episodes.

Yeah, the Anna thing baffles me because she was a villain in season 6 as well as season 7. And Luke had absolutely ZERO interest in her. Even if ASP did make her more likeable, Luke was way too broken over Lorelai to step into a relationship with Anna. And ugh, imagine how extra drama filled that would be? Lorelai with Chris, Luke with Anna. No thanks. I much, much prefer Luke's story in season 7, of him fighting Anna for custody and him bonding with April. His story I enjoy watching, where as I hate watching Lorela's because so much of it is about her and Chris and just..... ew.

Yeah, Chris was okay with her going to the hospital to see Luke and April, but I don't think it had hit him then, just how much Lorelai was still on love with Luke. His attitude changes an episode later once he physically sees Lorelai in person with Luke, when they're outside the market and she's holding Doula. He happens upon what looks like this adorable, family scene and sees how happy Lorelai looks - genuine happiness and not the fake front kind she has been putting on for the last few months. So this is when it hits him there's still something there and his jealousy leads to that gross scene of him wanting to make a baby.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Omg there is so much I need to catch up on in this thread! Once my brother and nephew have left town tomorrow I'll have time to read all of these fascinating posts.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Haha sorry. My hate for Chris runs strong and I always have a lot to vent out about him and his relationship with Lorelai.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You’re in the right place.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Haha for sure.

God, I can't with some users on Reddit. What a gross take to have. Plus imagine coming out to defend Christopher Hayden?! Who in their right mind would ever want to do that? Gross. This was in response to someone saying it was disgusting of Chris to have taken advantage of Lorelai's emotional state, the night she went to him after the ultimatum.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Wow. Yeah, I don’t get it.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

This one made my eyes bleed. I actually thought this person was trolling at first, but nope, this is their genuine opinion.

Imagine blaming Lorelai for Chris being a deadbeat dad?!?!? Wow.... just.... wow. Lorelai moved 30 mins away. Her parents and Chris knew where she was, the door was always open to Chris to see Rory but he never used it. Instead he moves to the other side of the country and doesn't make his first visit to his daughter's home town/her home until she is 16 years old!

Old 06-13-2021, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It’s anybody’s fault except Chris’ apparently.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Chris defenders are just like Chris himself. Blame everyone apart from Chris, the person whose fault it actually is.

Imagine openly wanting to defending Christopher Hayden. Ew.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

it's so weird to me, so weird.

the whole Chris understands her better than anyone thing is something that I just can't fathom, he's knows her teenage self but barely knows her adult self. you can't really know someone the best if you barely know them the way they are in the present.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

lol EXACTLY. What exactly do they base this "he knows her so well" off of? Like you say, he knows her teenage self, but he doesn't get her at all as an adult. Lorelai isn't the same person she was at 15/16 years old, she has changed since then. Chris gets her on a surface level, but it's Luke who truly gets her. He gets her on a much deeper level.

Luke is the one who has listened to her over the years, has seen her for who she is. Chris, until season 7, spent no significant time with her, so how the heck does he know her so well? And then season 7 showed us just how little he does know her, because both of them basically revert back to being teenagers and obviously as we see, can't make it work. If he knew her, he would have known she didn't want to get married in Paris and more importantly, he would have known how important it was to her to have Rory there.

That's another difference between Chris and Luke. With Chris, his feelings and wants come first. Rory comes second. With Luke, he recognises that Rory is the most important person in the world to Lorelai and will always put her and them first.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top