Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you all like them!
Quote:
Also, when Lorelai went to kick Dean's butt and he told her all he did was say I love you, that was such a wonderful moment for Dean, it was about time he had a chance to tell his version of the story too. Shame only Lorelai knew what really happened and everyone else kept thinking he might have hurt Rory. But still, great moment and really exciting!
I just watched this moment! I fast forwarded through the episode just to see that scene.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Hah yeah he stood up to Lorelai and he was never rude or deceiving around her. I think that is what won her over..her daughter found an honest good guy that could balance out with her life.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those icons are amazing!
Snagged 2 of 'em.

And ha!
I loved that scene. ♥
growing up. moving on.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

ally - I love it too. I think Lorelai and Dean scenes were always well written and beautifully acted.

Bella - RD icon love!!!! Agreed about that scene.

MPGirl - Haha! I don't blame you, it's the best scene in the episode!

(I LOVE their facial expressions here, they look like naughty little kids. )

If anyone here has seen Cry Wolf, don't you wish the uniforms had been blue just to have it look like Dean went to Chilton with Rory? No? Just me?

I always think of it when I watch the movie:

Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

I love all of these caps!

i like Jared with shorter hair.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Mmhmmm Jared in uniform. I wish Dean had gone to Chilton

Yep I gave in to the RD av
Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

the ILY scene with Lorelei was awesome. because he may have over-reacted a bit but still its not like he hurt her on purpose and I liked how he said it and kinda dismissed her, in the sense that he dint really want to talk aout it anymore because it hurt. and she understood. they really had a great relationship. its like after all she went through she appriciated him the way Rory should and probably would ahve in few years

I loved the hug scene in S4. not only the way it mirrored the LL scene but how it showed that no matter what he will be for her and she will always find comfort in him
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I just saw episode 3.08 and I am so glad Rory went to see Dean in the end I was getting so frustrated I wish the writers would've atleast let 2 episodes go by before putting RJ together but nope..atleast Dean got a more realistic time arc there. Although it was like.."okay we had Dean do all the dirty work moving on!"

The end was heartbreaking for me when Rory visited him though So bye bye Dean until 3.14 or 3.15 I think?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

It is frustrating! Didn't realize you were making your way that far up S3 already! They didn't wait for RJ, you're right. It's such a slap in the face for Dean, I can't imagine. I'm just SO happy Dean is not real. That kind of pain and hurt has to be EPIC, I tell ya.

But yes, it will all start getting better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
I love all of these caps!

i like Jared with shorter hair.
I like Jared with long bangs too, but I have to agree here! He looks beautiful with shorter hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
Mmhmmm Jared in uniform. I wish Dean had gone to Chilton

Yep I gave in to the RD av
Yay, there ya go! Uniforms of all kinds fit Jared perfectly. The SWAT uniform he wore in SPN also looked amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly-hope (View Post)
the ILY scene with Lorelei was awesome. because he may have over-reacted a bit but still its not like he hurt her on purpose and I liked how he said it and kinda dismissed her, in the sense that he dint really want to talk aout it anymore because it hurt. and she understood. they really had a great relationship. its like after all she went through she appriciated him the way Rory should and probably would ahve in few years

I loved the hug scene in S4. not only the way it mirrored the LL scene but how it showed that no matter what he will be for her and she will always find comfort in him
Carly, that is such a great point about Dean overreacting, I never saw it that way but now I think he did too a little. I believe it was because he felt more comfortable being honest with Lorelai and exploding about all the pent up frustration. That was probably the very beginning of their relationship as friends or at least, people who trusted each other a lot. Lorelai was very surprised by Dean having said ILY and she understood him right away, so he must've felt better about "talking" to her about it.

The S4 hug SO owns. The mirror LL scene is icing on top. The show did it beautifully because both Dean and Luke didn't need to be in a relationship with Rory and Lorelai at the moment, which they weren't, to comfort and be there for them when they really needed them.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 03-03-2009 at 12:33 PM
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Hah aren't there Lorelai/Dean shippers? But on the platonic level I love them the first boyfriend usually doesn't get an easy pass with parents much less Lorelai Gilmore. Dean was straight up and honest with her and knew she was mostly worried about Rory. I am glad Lorelai liked one of Rory's boyfriends like that.

Yep that was the last S3 episode I watched It's gonna be torture seeing no Dean for a bit but there are some episodes in between I am looking foward to..although man..I keep remembering when Rory said something like "I hope you don't always hate me" to Dean and he said I hope so too! Almost broke my heart there.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
Hah aren't there Lorelai/Dean shippers? But on the platonic level I love them the first boyfriend usually doesn't get an easy pass with parents much less Lorelai Gilmore. Dean was straight up and honest with her and knew she was mostly worried about Rory. I am glad Lorelai liked one of Rory's boyfriends like that.

Yep that was the last S3 episode I watched It's gonna be torture seeing no Dean for a bit but there are some episodes in between I am looking foward to..although man..I keep remembering when Rory said something like "I hope you don't always hate me" to Dean and he said I hope so too! Almost broke my heart there.
Ha! There are some, I know there's an old Lorelai/Dean thread around here. I saw it while I was adding some threads to the Master List when I was temp modding. I don't remember if I posted on it, hee.

I ship them too in a friendship, platonic kind of way. Lorelai cared so much for him, and in that sense, she responds to him on many levels, not just as Rory's boyfriend, she cares about him personally and that warms my heart.

Yeah, I know. I probably FF'd through the "no Dean" episodes of S2 and S3. Ohhhh, that line is so heartbreaking. My favorite Dean line is "good, somebody won't like you for once" when Rory says she doesn't want Clara to hate her. Go Dean!

Hee. However, I have no idea what Rory thought Dean would feel like. She was broken up about the possibility of Dean dating in S1 after they broke up. Had Dean fallen in love with someone else while dating Rory she would've never recovered, he wasn't any different.

But then again, there's some good stuff coming up. You get to see Dean in a different light, not as Rory's boyfriend and in the long run it helped the character a LOT. I just wished Rory hadn't hurt SO much for SO long to get to that point. It was so unnecesary to treat Dean that way when he did nothing but please her day in and day out.

Wow, sorry, that was kind of a rant. I get passionate about this crap.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Hey man I don't mind getting passionate over Narcos.

You have a point. We don't really see Dean as Rory's boyfriend anymore It's only a bad thing because of how they end up getting involved without dating at the end..but we do see him as a separate character with his own plot for awhile. When he's against Jess again he's not with Rory, they are all apart.

I think Clara made an impression on Rory after she scared her. But that Dean comment made me giggle. Of all the people Rory was afraid of disliking her it was a 10 year old or whatever. I think it showed how much Rory cared.

Plus, she visited Dean after making out Jess. Hah! In a way, I think she had to go see her first love and apologize to him before doing anything at all with another officially. That spoke volumes to me.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for this convo!
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I love the contribution Ally.

Okay I was never told there was a Jess/Dean face-off in 3.09..damn it was nice
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Whoa, new thread, I'm so far behind.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread