Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry. It's the cold.

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited kat2005 ]
Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, it's pretty kat!

I haven't been in here for...days. Which is the longest I've ever gone without coming here. Even when I was in another country.

Hasn't life been busy lately? Everyone in here, and in the 3D world has been talking about how busy and stressed they are, and I gotta say I agree. I never have time to do anything or go anywhere. Ugh. Summer's in 4 more months, then I can sit back and watch GG till the DVD player breaks from all the use.

I hope your dad's okay, Stacy.

Edited to Add:I just read Pamie's recap and the last line was so funny, and so true.
Quote:
Next week: I don't want to talk about it.
[ 02-01-2004: Message edited SamiJoe ]

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
Josh: Yeah. Two really great things. (LORELAI smiles)
-Before the Beginning
SamiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Beautiful WP, Kat! I love it!

Hi SamiJoe!

Well, the StupidBowl was okay. The Panthers seemed to be the underdog so I was rooting for them a bit. The commercials weren't as great as I had hoped although there were a couple that I liked.

The thing I hate the most is the halftime show and the "controversy" over Justin Timberlake ripping off part of Janet Jackson's outfit. This is going to be the next Britney/Madonna kiss and we're going to be hearing about it forever. Although, really, the thing Janet had on that was covering her boob wasn't really covering it at all. I saw a close-up picture and you could see everything.

I forgot to talk about Survivor. I liked the episode but I'm not sure how I feel about there being 3 teams. I guess they had to do something different since this is an all-star season. I also already can't stand Rupert and he hasn't even really done anything.

But question, it seemed Rupert and Rudy were saying at tribal council that they weren't going to vote out the past winners just because they already won, but then they went ahead and voted Tina out. I didn't understand that. I hope it was because they felt she wasn't contributing to the tribe as much and not because she'd already won a season. Like Ethan said, just because a sports team won the championship the year before, you don't automatically disqualify them right from the beginning. They still get a fair shot.

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Moochie ]
Old 02-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

It took me forever to find this thread, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I'm glad I'm back.

So what has everyone been up too?

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Cherié £u£u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Passionate Fan

kat2005 - purdy narco wallpaper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

I'm not playing tonight. I don't feel well so I'm going to bed.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I hope you feel better soon Jenna!

Is anyone watching the new season of RW/RR Challenge? This one looks grosser than last season. Even in this first episode, there were just too many bugs and grossness to stomache. But it looks like it'll be an interesting season.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Steph. I'm taping RW/RR but I don't think I've even seen the last episode of the Gauntlet yet. One of the seasons of RR was really gross. I think it was Campus Crawl. I get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. Veronica, Coral, Mike, Theo, they do almost all of them. Get real jobs! There are a lot of people I would love to see again but they never do the challenges. I guess they got real jobs and moved on with their lives.

The wallpaper is beautiful Kat. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love my season 2 Alias DVDs too. When I finished watching them, I wanted to start all over again.

Quote:
Next week: I don't want to talk about it.
Heh, me either. Sadly, the day is here.

I liked this part of the recap:
Quote:
Whoa! Lorelai is wearing the ugliest shirt in this show's history. It looks fake, like a fake...stuffed torso her head is on. It makes her look like she's got gigantic muscles in her arms. Oh, it's hideous! It looks like jungle vomit.
There was a cap of the ugly shirt posted in one of the threads. I just can't stop staring at it. Hideous.

Survivor: Aw, Tina! I like Tina. I would want to get rid of winners, too. If it's a game for a million dollars and I have a chance to win the million, I'm not worrying about whether it's fair to vote someone who already won out.

I think Rupert and Rudy voted for Tina because she was one of the weaker ones and possibly Jenna could help them out later. She and Rudy might have some kind of bond going from being on the same season. It should have been Jenna - why was she on top of the raft half the time during the challenge? I was hoping they would vote Jerri out. If she's going to keep her "damn mouth shut" she has no entertainment value and can go. Also, she's badly in need of some moisturizer. She didn't look that old when she was on The Surreal Life last year, did she Stacy?

Amber never has provided any entertainment value and never will. She shouldn't even be there. Is it too late to swap her for Gretchen or Gina?

It was a good show. Love that they still don't have fire or clean water. One of the commercial breaks seemed to last forever. I almost fell asleep during it like I did during the Super Bowl. (I missed the half-time controversy and pretty much everything else.)

I was on cbs.com earlier, if you go to Survivor All-Stars, they have this Survivor Insider. It's supposed to be additional footage that you don't see on the show. I know they used to charge for it but the ad says it's free now. Streaming video doesn't work very well on dialup but the rest of you would be able to see it. If anyone watches, let me know if there's anything interesting.

Mr. Jennarose bought me CC wraps and the new Hershey's S'mores candy bar when he went to the grocery store yesterday. That's what I just had for lunch. The candy bar was good. I like graham crackers.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I'm getting sick of all the same people on the RW/RR challenges too and this is only my second one. I can't believe that Coral would want to go on again after she sucked so badly last season.

Cheryl posted on the Survivor thread that there's a romance between 2 people on Survivor. I wonder who it is! I hope they'll show it on air.

I'll go watch the Survivor Insider stuff now and let you guys know if there's anything juicy.

They have Hershey S'mores bars now??? How exciting! I'll have to drag PG to 7-11 later to look for them.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Ew, they show a commercial before each clip.

Quest for Fire: Repeat of the Immunity Challenge. The only thing new that they showed was they lit up some huge wooden idol thingy at the end. I don't remember that being on the show but I could be wrong.

The Day After: Tina just talked about how hard it is out there, especially with no decent shelter and no water, and how it affects you so adversely when you start off with nothing. And how little things like water and clothing become so important. She basically says the same thing over and over again for 4 and a half minutes.

Tina's Final Words: She said she knew that if they lost the immunity challenge, she'd be the first to go. She knew she wouldn't win but it would've been a shame to not even come and try. She likened it to playing an exhibition tennis game with Serena Williams: you'd get clobbered but you had to try just for the experience.

Jerri & Lex: Jerri talks about Saboga has no leader and no one knows what to do about shelter/water. Her new strategy is to keep her mouth shut and let someone else take charge, even though she's frustrated by the whole situation. She describes exactly how the shelter should be built and where it should be but she's not going to suggest it to keep with her "stay quiet" strategy.

Lex basically says things aren't tooo bad at the camp right now. He also talks about how Richard is being all anti-social and is just putting a bullseye on himself since he isn't bonding with anyone.

Mogo Mogo's 1st Night: Just random chitchat late at night on the beach. I couldn't tell who was who and they didn't really talk about anything interesting.

Rought Night: Rupert says a bullet in the brain would help his suffering. (I will gladly provide that bullet) The rest of the clip is just everyone complaining about the sleeping conditions and the bugs.

Tribal Vote: They showed everyone's reasons why they voted for who they did. It was pretty interesting, I guess, to see everyone's little blurbs. Rudy didn't hold up his sheet of paper while talking though. He put it into the urn before speaking. Tina said after saying why she voted Jenna out, "Go Rupert! And don't trust them!"

All in all, the clips weren't thaaat interesting. Definitely not must-see. If you're bored, take a look but don't expect much.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

I hope you find the S'mores candy bars. I want another one.

Thanks for recapping the clips. I can't believe people used to pay for that. No wonder it's free now. If only Big Brother feeds would be free...

Lemonade Stand fanlisting If something doesn't look right, please let me know because I learned and used some new html on it.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

I wish I had taken more advantage of the free BB feeds the first season. I didn't have my own computer back then so I watched if I had some time before work started. That was really early in the morning BB time so nothing was happening. Boo hiss.

The Lemonade Stand Game fanlisting looks good! It's making me want to play right now.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose:
<STRONG>She didn't look that old when she was on The Surreal Life last year, did she Stacy?</STRONG>
No, she's definitely got some signs of aging on her now. The stress of being a reality tv show star must be taking its toll.

I hope you're feeling better today, Jenna.

I only saw the last two eps of the Gauntlet, but I plan on watching the Inferno if I remember that its on. I watched it last night. When Julie was trying to get Veronica to fall off that harness thing - man, that was crazy. I couldn't believe that. That challenge with the worms was gross as hell, as was the bug helmet. ::: shudder :::

The GG ep tonight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There wasn't an overload of Jess like I was expecting, which is good. There were a lot of other things going on, with Lane and Paris and Luke's sister and Jason and all that. Normally that can get annoying when they squeeze thirty different mini-plots into an ep, but I didn't mind it this week. Hopefully next week will be tolerable too.
Stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stack:
<STRONG>When Julie was trying to get Veronica to fall off that harness thing - man, that was crazy. I couldn't believe that.</STRONG>
Oh dude, I know, that was completely insane. I don't like Veronica much so a teensy part of me enjoyed seeing her scared but most of me couldn't believe how insane Julie was.

They only have 10 players per team this season compared to last season's 16 each. I guess that's good because last season seemed to drag on a bit.

I just found out Robin from this season's RW: San Diego went to my friend's high school. I want to find out some more dirt on her!

Oh yay, I'm actually going to post this on time: John Mayer will be on the Dave Chappelle show on Comedy Central tomorrow night (Wednesday). It comes on at 10:30pm EST for me. I think it reruns several times over the next week which is good because 10:30 is right in the middle of CelebMole.

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited Moochie ]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Today wasn't fun. I had to do like three hours of work that I shouldn't have had to do because the person who was supposed to do it didn't do it right. That sounds confusing, but the summary is - I hate when people don't do what they're supposed to do. Grrr. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Then towards the end of the day, I got locked out of one of our computer software programs and couldn't do anymore work. The program has this thing where, when you're logging in, if you don't get the password right after 3 tries, it locks your account. And stupid me had the caps lock key on when I was typing my password, and it's case sensitive, so it kept telling me I had the wrong password, and eventually locked me out. And the people we have to call to open up the account had already left for the day, so I have to wait until tomorrow. Sigh. I'm so ready for bed.

Some good news, though - my dad is home from the hospital. His condition's still serious and he's on a ton of medication, but I'm glad he's finally home.
Stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread