Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
It was a long time coming, though. They really could’ve used a therapy session years ago!
Yes, they could!

Old 01-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Watching that scene, you’d think they were two children bickering about each other.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Right?

And Emily is still caught up on Lorelai leaving after she had Rory. But I guess that would be pretty upsetting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
It was a long time coming, though. They really could’ve used a therapy session years ago!
Definitely.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
^ Right?

And Emily is still caught up on Lorelai leaving after she had Rory. But I guess that would be pretty upsetting.
I don’t think that wound ever truly healed itself.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nope.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Emily recoiling at her hug, love it.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I know. It's great on a loop too.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks to the UP channel, I have been able to catch up a lot with reruns. I think Lorelai and Emily have a better relationship than I remembered. It wasn't perfect, but I think they genuinely love each other. Lorelai always seems so hurt when Emily says something about her. Maybe, it's a testament to the acting, but both Lorelai and Emily seem to let the other get to them. If they didn't care about each other, they wouldn't act that way. I noticed after Lorelai heard the story about Emily spending a week putting on her wedding dress before she married Richard that it got to her and it was the catalyst for her not marrying Max. I was pleasantly surprised to see Emily being nice to Lorelai's Starr's Hallows friends

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-25-2018, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
If they didn't care about each other, they wouldn't act that way.
That's very true.

Last edited by Lindsay; 02-25-2018 at 10:44 PM
Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG that was hilarious! Thanks for posting that, I needed a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Thanks to the UP channel, I have been able to catch up a lot with reruns. I think Lorelai and Emily have a better relationship than I remembered. It wasn't perfect, but I think they genuinely love each other. Lorelai always seems so hurt when Emily says something about her. Maybe, it's a testament to the acting, but both Lorelai and Emily seem to let the other get to them. If they didn't care about each other, they wouldn't act that way. I noticed after Lorelai heard the story about Emily spending a week putting on her wedding dress before she married Richard that it got to her and it was the catalyst for her not marrying Max. I was pleasantly surprised to see Emily being nice to Lorelai's Starr's Hallows friends
You're spot on. I never questioned how much they loved one another, it was just a more animus mother/daughter relationship and was such a deep contrast to that between Lorelai and Rory. Those little moments you've mentioned definitely brought depth and complexity to their relationship which I really appreciated.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

No problem.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's very true.
Thanks

Quote:
You're spot on. I never questioned how much they loved one another, it was just a more animus mother/daughter relationship and was such a deep contrast to that between Lorelai and Rory. Those little moments you've mentioned definitely brought depth and complexity to their relationship which I really appreciated.
Thanks. I like how even though their relationship has it's issues, the love is there

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The love is always there, even in their fights.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hmm, that could be the next title.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread