Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2016, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I think it will have improved, it has to, right? But, Emily will always be difficult and someone who Lorelai can't relate to. However, having lost her husband and Lorelai having lost her father would hopefully bring them a little closer? It'll be interesting to see how they'll play that?
Old 01-16-2016, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hopefully that does bring them a little closer.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Well, I think it will have improved, it has to, right? But, Emily will always be difficult and someone who Lorelai can't relate to. However, having lost her husband and Lorelai having lost her father would hopefully bring them a little closer? It'll be interesting to see how they'll play that?
It would be so heartbreaking to see that They still fighting about Lorelais Past. She got pregnant and left Home but why? Emily should know that Her daughter wasn't happy! And all those years after She watched how well Rory grew up, Emily can't let it go. She must be really sad/mad
Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Sports
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Not sure if it will bring them closer ( I hope though!) because they are both so stubborn but it will definitely give them a chance to get to a point where they could become closer.

"You're not dying. You aren't going to die. It can't happen. I won't bear it. No. No. It's not happening, I won't allow it. Tell me this isn't happening. Please. Tell me. You are not going to die."
Old 01-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Emily will always be wounded from Lorelai's leaving them, but you'd hope that getting older would mature them and they'd find some amount of common ground? Time can and does change people & their relationships to one another. Question is, to what degree?
Old 01-17-2016, 02:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Sports
Matt Czuchry

I really hope they get closer. That was one of the things that annoyed me the most with the end of season 7 that they never were able to work out their problems.

"You're not dying. You aren't going to die. It can't happen. I won't bear it. No. No. It's not happening, I won't allow it. Tell me this isn't happening. Please. Tell me. You are not going to die."
Old 01-17-2016, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

I watched 3x02 yesterday. I love Emily's line. "At least she had a husband to kill." Oh Emily. I also love that she stood up for Lorelai when Chris was there, telling him he needed to leave.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung Hero (View Post)
I really hope they get closer. That was one of the things that annoyed me the most with the end of season 7 that they never were able to work out their problems.
Well, frustrating perhaps, but that's real life, isn't it? People don't just magically get over all of the bad history they have with each other. It takes time, sometimes a lifetime's worth, to learn to forgive and forget. Some people do get over it eventually, some don't. It entirely depends on how much they can let go of the pain. Man, I sound like I'm puffing psychobabble out my butt today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I watched 3x02 yesterday. I love Emily's line. "At least she had a husband to kill." Oh Emily. I also love that she stood up for Lorelai when Chris was there, telling him he needed to leave.
Yes! Emily standing up for Lorelai was a long time coming, I was so thankful to see that! He deserved it, too.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Sports
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Well, frustrating perhaps, but that's real life, isn't it? People don't just magically get over all of the bad history they have with each other. It takes time, sometimes a lifetime's worth, to learn to forgive and forget. Some people do get over it eventually, some don't. It entirely depends on how much they can let go of the pain. Man, I sound like I'm puffing psychobabble out my butt today!
Like real life definitely, but their story always felt unfinished to me, but I guess now they can get a second chance.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

That's fair, I understand where you're coming from. From a story's perspective you'd like some things to have better closure. Thank goodness for the reboot, hopefully they'll be closer now?
Old 01-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Sports
Matt Czuchry

Hopefully, but you really can't predict anything with them. For all we know they haven't talked in years.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

There are so many great moments when Emily showed that she wants to forget about the Past. And when she's trying to bonding with Lorelai. S02e16 when they had a Weekend which ended after 1 day. I really love their Conversation....no yelling and Lorelai had Tears in her eyes. Or S06e09 at the plane.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiLGfan (View Post)
There are so many great moments when Emily showed that she wants to forget about the Past. And when she's trying to bonding with Lorelai. S02e16 when they had a Weekend which ended after 1 day. I really love their Conversation....no yelling and Lorelai had Tears in her eyes. Or S06e09 at the plane.
Yeah. I like the moments they are trying to bond.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung Hero (View Post)
Hopefully, but you really can't predict anything with them. For all we know they haven't talked in years.
Very possible but I hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiLGfan (View Post)
Aw, you're bringing up some great moments between them! It's nice to have a reminder of those little moments of kindness and appreciation between the two.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I know Emily wishes her and Lorelai could have a relationship like Lorelai and Rory. It's just not possible. But I think it definitely improved from what it was before (what we didn't see before the show).
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top