Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah - maybe. Though Lorelai always made sure that she never wanted those fluffy dresses - even when she was little, so I imagine her being rebellious from an early age one. Though I'm sure it got worse during puberty.

Controlling: Wanting to know where she is, what she does, telling her what she should do... I could also see her playing mother to Rory, since she must have thought Lorelai is much too young for this.

Avi by Valerie
Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

That's sounds not so bad to me to run away from home. Isn't it normal for a mother to ask where her child is and what she does and also telling her what to do? On the other hand Lorelai always was complaining her mother wouldn't care that tergiversates.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

No, it's not that bad. But it can get annoying when overdone. I think Lorelai complains about the lack of Emily's interest about what she wants, about her feelings. Doesn't mean she wasn't controlling. Doesn't also mean that Emily really doesn't care about her feelings, I think she wants her happy, but rather on "her terms".

Avi by Valerie
Old 06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

...how come I never saw this thread before?? Great idea!! Lorelai/Elmily relationship is one of the best things of the show!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Emily had certain ideas about what she wanted for Lorelai's life. She was probably the perfect daughter and did just what her mother raised her to do, to be a proper lady. So she just assumed that raising Lorelai would be the same way and that Lorelai would be like her and want what Emily wanted.

I don't think she ever expected that Lorelai wouldn't want to be part of her world and the way she and Richard live their lives. So she truly had no idea she was being controlling and obsessive and just thought Lorelai was going through a rebellious phase. I really think she always felt Lorelai wold eventually come around. Or she would just tell her how to live her life and Lorelai would do it that way. The straw that broke the camel's back for Lorelai was probably when Emily started trying to be a parent to Rory and telling Lorelai how to raise her child.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree that she thought Lorelai would eventually come around - however not so sure about the phase. I think that maybe deep down she realized Lorelai rejected her world, but she didn't want to admit it to herself or others.

Avi by Valerie
Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike (View Post)
ETA: And maybe you could make a banner with the pics you posted above Unavita - I know we had caps in the first post, but since quintessence is gone, they're lost anyway.
I'll be away for about a week. Maybe you can use that time to get a first post together. PM me what you want and I'll edit it in when I get back, or Roxy can do it if you don't want to wait that long.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Val is amazing about making banners ... perhaps she can take the "realization" photos and some old photos and do some banners ... (*hint, hint*)
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for editing the title back in Jenna. Have fun on your vacation.

Yeah lets think of come good scenes. Maybe we should make one with their fights and one with their good moments? Like the fashionshow, Emily caressing Lorelai in 109, Lorelai showing her the veils, Kayak, GGO end, toilet in Let the Games Begin, 621

Fight in 109, 202, Secrets and Loans before the bank, 422 in the Dragonfly Inn, end of WBB,

However I'm totally untalented when it comes do banners, so I can't do it. Just a few suggestions. I think it would be nice to feature both sides of their relationship and maybe all seasons.

Avi by Valerie
Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Yay an Emily and Lorelai appreciation thread, I was wondering why we didn't have one of these! Glad it's back up.

Marieike, I like the idea of having 2 banners showing both sides of their relationship! One showing the good side and one showing the bad side. I can help with a banner or 2, maybe I can make one and someone else can make another?! Whatever, I can do both if there are no more volunteers to make banners.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaVitaSegreta (View Post)
Val is amazing about making banners ... perhaps she can take the "realization" photos and some old photos and do some banners ... (*hint, hint*)
When you give me a few days I will make some and you can decide if you like one.

Great ideas Mareike I will look If I have the pics of the scenes you mention.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Cool - oh and I didn't mean to shoot down the banner only with their last scene.

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/gilmor...caps/index.php

has a lot of screencaps - not all eps though.

Oh and I forgot the end scene of Presenting Lorelai Gilmore - that's also a nice one.

BTW did they have a realy bad fight after WBB? Maybe the bed scene in 601, but Emily didn't yell there. I think they hadn't - oh well, 613, but it was more about Rory then.

Great we have two volunteers for the banners.

Avi by Valerie
Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi folks.

I've been lurking a little the last few days, but now that my cold slowly fades away and I feel better, I thought I might as well use Lorelai's line and say 'hello' .
Banners, huh? Well, if you want me to, I could try to make one too.
I'm at home all day today anyway ... so ... we'll see.
~Proud to be Vicious Trollop #57~
When God said, "Let there be light", Emily Gilmore said, "say please."
avi by Valerie4
Old 06-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila*Bryant (View Post)
Hi folks.
I've been lurking a little the last few days, but now that my cold slowly fades away and I feel better, I thought I might as well use Lorelai's line and say 'hello' .
Be careful where you use that line - if you say it at the Club, you might end up with a date! Then you'll have to call Lorelai to come over and help you get dressed.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila*Bryant (View Post)
Hi folks.

Banners, huh? Well, if you want me to, I could try to make one too.
I'm at home all day today anyway ... so ... we'll see.
Hi Cira

I think the more the better. Can't wait to see finally the first post. Should we also made a list with Misinterpreters?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread