Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow, I didn't know this thread existed. I thought only the Cerulean one did.
It's great. Although I think, in the end, both serve the same purpose. But it's great we have more space to appreciate their relationship.

ITA about the not blaming April. It's not like she did it on purpose and started to look for her father, to break him up with his fiancé.

And Franzi, I thought you always hated April. But I see that's not the case, and you were ok with her, which I think is great, but why did you change your mind in season 7, when she was barely around at the end?
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini8525 (View Post)
I never blamed April for anything either. It wasn't her who tore LL apart. It was LL who tore LL apart.
Well I blame Amy for take a nice unique story and turning into a 2nd class soap!

She turned Luke into an idiot who didn't see what he was doing to Lorelai, and turned her into a weak parenthetic person who for much of S7 blamed everyone but herself!
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Luke/April. Luke as a daddy is so sweet!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never blamed April for anything either. It wasn't her who tore LL apart. It was LL who tore LL apart.
So completely true. Sad too.

Craig, I agree.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA with it was L/L who tore each other apart.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Craig, I do blame Amy for the storyline. But I'm saying if this wasn't a TV show. If it was in real life.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Craig, I do blame Amy for the storyline. But I'm saying if this wasn't a TV show. If it was in real life.
Well ITA, in real life (unless you want to blame God) then it was L&L who screwed this up with their own actions, I still lean more towards Lorelai as she was the one hiding her feelings and not telling Luke the full story until it was too late. I can NOT blame Luke for trying to step up and be a father, something Chris never did. And the only reason for the marriage in S7 was she knew Chris loved her and would but her first, even ahead of Rory or Gigi. Luke didn't do that with April and she didn't like that, so like a spoilt child she hid he feelings then ran away when it got to hard!

Sorry but that's how I feel.

BTW - I not saying Luke was perfect in S6, yes he screwed up not telling Lorelai about April and wanting to do everything himself.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

moving on, blame
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I give them both partly blame. Luke for keeping Lorelai out of it, Lorelai for not speaking up and Lorelai for going to Dopey in her moment of weakness. (And Dopey for not stepping up and be a real friend instead of jumping her the minute she came through the door)

What Lorelai did with Dopey was worst. Luke shutting her out was 2nd worst.

Dopey himself? I don't blame him for splitting LL up, since they did that themselves, but I blame him for being the biggest jerk in the entire show.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you both, Craig and Guro.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Holy cow this hasn't been posted in in awhile? Haha. But seriously, the way Luke acts around April, especially at the beginning, on the trip and at her part was like my and my dad's ACTUAL relationship. Down to the word. It was scary. But entertaining.
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Supreme Fan

In the beginning I was always bothered by their connection, because I saw it as THE reason why Lorelai and Luke started to have troubles.

But when they broke up I started to like April more and more. And also how Luke acted around her. It was cute. He really started to grow as a father. I still don't like how he used April to push Lorelai away, but ok, there's another topic for that, ha!
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm. See, I actually NEVER saw it that way. I always figured if they hadn't brought in April, they would've brought in some other huge dramatic twist, and who knows what that would've been. It might've been worse. My problem was that they felt the need to break up L&L over it...when in fact any drama introduced should've ultimately helped to strengthen their relationship. It even looked like that was their intent until the last couple episodes of season 6. Even Lorelai and Rory, etc. liked April. My ultimate goal would've been to have seen Luke and Lorelai stay together, get married and work out their issues with Anna together. And work out how to handle such a mixed family. A lot of people complain that April's character is annoying but honestly I think it's realistic! Having been around so many middle schoolers throughout the years...it always struck me as hilarious how right they got it. Rory was actually probably more of a rarity.

Also I thought if you want to blame someone, blame Anna. April didn't do anything...it was hardly her fault. Anna was acting kind of insane, but still, I don't think that is automatic grounds for a breakup.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, I never blamed April as a character. She was okay, especially in season 7. I had problems with how theh used the Luke/April connection to push Lorelai away. Luke could have talked to Anne about the situation ( before the party! ) and insist on having both Lorelai and April in his life..while they can be in the same room. I just hate they threw something like that into the L/L relationship just to break it.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yeah, sorry, maybe I misunderstood. I of course hated the way they decided to go with that plot line. Although like I said before, I don't honestly think she was introduced with the sole attempt to break them up, but just to cause some drama. Because even after she was introduced ASP gave an interview saying it was very possible L/L would still get married that season (6), and that they just didn't like things to be in a straight line. So I think the ultimate demise of the relationship was maybe not the attempt of the April/Anna situation...but I certainly didn't like that it ended up there. You kind of think, "what was the point of the last six seasons for Luke and Lorelai if this is what it all boils down to?!" grrr
Reply   Post New Thread