Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Lorelai? Lorelai? Discussion

Lorelai tries to cheer up anxiety-ridden Rory with a day of eating and shopping; Lorelai invites Luke to join her and Rory at a bar for karaoke.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Weirdest episode opening ever!! How on earth did they find children who looked exactly like Liza and Danny?! Great effort on making them seem domestic, though Rory looked woefully overgrown in the backpack/Chilton uniform.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Nate the Lizaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

L/L Is back into their bickering game called love
eeefully
LionFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Total Fan

omg! Lorelai just sang! how freakin awesome was that!!

and yeah I agree the opening was wierd but kinda cool.

I am so loving this episode. Kirk singing, "do u really want to hurt me" CDFU

and Babette and Patty! hysterical!

love love love love it so far!
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone figure out why it was titled, Lorelai, Lorelai"? I saw it from beginning to end and must have missed something.

I'm just happy that we had some quality Rory/Lorelai scenes. I loved the previews for the graduation. Teary Lorelai always gets to me.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked it! I probably thought last week's was better, but the show seems to really be coming back and feels normal. The dream thing was weird, but not as strange/surreal as the dream from the Real Paul Anka.

It was a good mix of LL scenes and townies
Kelly1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhead (View Post)
Did anyone figure out why it was titled, Lorelai, Lorelai"? I saw it from beginning to end and must have missed something.

I'm just happy that we had some quality Rory/Lorelai scenes. I loved the previews for the graduation. Teary Lorelai always gets to me.
After it faded to black on Lorelai being shocked, Logan says "Lorelai? Lorelai?"
without alcohol.
catkirk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Oh, thanks. Yes, you're right. I liked the episode. It seemed odd in a way. The close-ups were strange and the episode pretty much lacked humor, but I liked the interactions between the characters.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1280 (View Post)
I really liked it! I probably thought last week's was better, but the show seems to really be coming back and feels normal. The dream thing was weird, but not as strange/surreal as the dream from the Real Paul Anka.

It was a good mix of LL scenes and townies
yeah it's finally coming back just in time to end!!

gosh I'm so sad there's only 2 more epi's left

but I miss Mrs. Kim...she's one we haven't seen in awhile. But it was great to see the characters all together in one place like old times.

I wonder how Lauren felt about having to do that karaoke scene!
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow tha scene with Lorelai singing to/about Luke was just wow...amazing.
The episdoe seemed to drag on a bit nothing really happeneing till the last 10 min or so.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephrox (View Post)
Wow tha scene with Lorelai singing to/about Luke was just wow...amazing.
The episdoe seemed to drag on a bit nothing really happeneing till the last 10 min or so.
I agree! It was a let-down compared to last week's episode. The show felt slow and boring at times. I loved Lane and Zach and their scenes. Those were wonderful. I'm glad they are so happy togther. The Lorelai song got me at the end. I lost it when Luke had to put his head down to compose himself! Just put them back together already!
UnaVitaSegreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had the feeling that Lorelai was going to sing a song refleting her feelings toward Luke or what ever and that he would walk in while she was singing it. I couldn't believe that happened. I really liked it though how she just sang to him.

Also, so glad to see the blue hat back! It's been wayyyy to long.

Liked the phone conversation between Luke and April. He is such a great dad to let April not miss a once in a lifetime chance instead of going on the boating trip even though he really wanted to do that.

The whole karaoke bar thing was awesome. I loved seeing Miss Patty and Babette singing and just the whole town in general in one place (again!). It's nice tos ee more town gatherings and at different types of things.

There was something else I wanted to comment on, but can't remember, lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Also, so glad to see the blue hat back! It's been wayyyy to long.
Was it not adorable when Zach mentioned finding the black hat shoved in between stuff in the back? Luke looks so shocked that his hiding place was found so easily!
UnaVitaSegreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Supreme Fan

I agree that it may have been slow at first but it was still a good ep!

I of course loved Lorelai singing the song and then Luke walking in! Such a great scene and so well done. I also liked their first interaction in the diner...it felt so normal. And loved seeing the blue hat!

I liked how Lorelai told Rory that she usually always has gotten what she wants so this can be a learning experience. I'm sure she will get a great job. But I can't believe Logan wants to marry her. And that she's graduating! So much for Rory to think about.

Loved seeing Lane and Zach again. They were really cute this ep. It was great actually seeing lots of the townies and all together.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Amaaaazing episode!

First off...Lauren can sing haha how amazing was she?!?!! I knew she could sing but not that great!!!!

Opening scene was funny, sad and neat how they did it. I knew the second they showed Rory in her Chilton outfit that it was a dream. It was cool how they put all her worst fears in it. Lorelai leaving her, them losing their house, her getting kicked out of school, her getting stuck picking up trash for the rest of her life. Very surreal! Hey a side note, did anyone else notice they actually got one of the old teachers from Chilton to play the Chilton teacher in the dream? Way to go David!

Her having a break down, good that that happened and I am so glad she went to Lorelai, she can always cheer her up Plus we desperately needed some good Lorelai and Rory interaction, we've been stuck with a phone call an episode and that sucks especially with the end of the season coming up!

THE HAT IS BACK!!! Oh how I missed you! Funny how the girls both noticed! It was a sign!!!! Even Lorelai knew it!

Aww Lanes babies are so cute! Zach has grown up so much! Wanting to give up his life dream to be with Lane and his boys was amazing! I love Zack! Poor Lane though, one baby is hard enough but 2?!?!! She can do it though, I know it!

The bar scene...so many mixed emotions...all good of course but just....WOW! Kirk singing was so funny, he's not HORRIBLE but still

Lorelai getting drunk and singing just to cheer Rory up was so sweet! The song she picked made me sad cause it showed how much she will miss Rory when she leaves to do who knows what.

Aww Lorelai singing "I will always love you" to Luke!!! Not very suttle Lorelai hehe! Totally made up for the drunken bad speach about Luke at Lanes wedding haha!!!!

Loved how David wrote that bar scene where first Lorelai is singing to Rory and then she switches over to Luke...the 2 most important people in her life! Had me almost in tears!

The last scene was........Ugh Lorelai looks so torn! Darn it Lauren Graham why do you have to be such a freaking good actress! She made me sad So good of Logan to ask first! This came to no surprise to me as to why he was there cause I was spoiled but him popping that question to her still shocked me a bit. I had no idea he wanted to move him and Rory out to LA!

Ugh such a good and big episode!!! I can't wait for more!! (as always)
Reply   Post New Thread