Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2020, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it’s cool that that was the first thing I ever saw her in back then even if I didn’t know who she was
Old 07-24-2020, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I was first introduced to Lauren in Seinfeld even though I had no clue who she was back then.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I’m an only child so I do get more pressure put on me in a way? And also being an Asian. All of my cousins are high-achieving...so sometimes I did feel like a failure.

good for you taking care of yourself

although the path to me finally graduating wasn’t easy...I never gave up completely

yes Lorelai really is inspiring

I’m pretty happy with where my life is at rn

my relationship with my own mom is actually probably the closest to the one Rory has with Lorelai cause we’re pretty close and pretty good friends - I would consider my mom to be one of my best friends although she’s definitely more of a mom than a friend to me

oh also this is filming soon

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/07/m...ing-soon-rwb1/

a nice gifset

https://nessa007.tumblr.com/post/623...p-20-female-tv

That's so nice, your relationship with your mom. I wish I had that. Mine's kind of a dismissive Emily Gilmore, without the underlining longing and witty quips.

Yeah, being Asian. It's tough. I wonder why the pan-Asian culture is so universally set in sort of WASP-ish ways of overachieving and not embarrassing the family with little things like mental health or other indiscretions.

That's good that you graduated and never gave up! Yeah, I just needed that break, to reset, but then I went back, finished college, and then got a Master's degree a few years later.

Things always work out.

And, thanks, Jen and Lindsay! Yeah, I think rewatches are actually important, even though I'm terrible at discipline. Because, now I'm having so much fun watching Gilmore Girls, and I have a better understanding of the characters.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://lorelaiigilmore.tumblr.com/p...31335258472448

https://lukesdanes.tumblr.com/post/6...tfits-season-1

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 07-27-2020 at 12:27 AM
Old 07-27-2020, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Some of those outfits though.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I wouldn’t go so far as to say those were my “favorite” outfits but that’s a cool collection of them.

Last edited by Talula78; 07-27-2020 at 10:15 AM
Old 07-27-2020, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I always loved Lorelai's lipstick and how she could rock sneakers and jeans. But, I did love her cool work outfitsL "the flippy skirt!"

I'm watching "Richard in Stars Hollow" and I feel so bad for Lorelai. She was trying to lay groundrules, because Richard came in and yelled at her in front of her employees (well, spoke sternly), and basically took over decision over whether Rory would get the car Dean built. She's trying to explain how that crosses a line, and he gaslights her into feeling bad because he feels obsolete now, that' he's retired.

That's not fair. She was setting expectations. He just made her feel bad not only about her, but about Emily shipping him to Stars Hollow. Not once did he ask, "What is my role in this? Why is my daughter saying these things? Why did my wife bus me off like a boy on a school trip?"

I wish parents would do that more. Ask about the context of their role and why they are being criticized as parents.

Ah, but then, we find humor as a coping mechanism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmkSBrdghE

I love her trying to explain "Coffee, coffee, coffee!"

Last edited by valleygirlsyndrome; 07-28-2020 at 07:37 AM
Old 07-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, the relationship between Richard and Lorelai was fraught with so many issues it was hard to watch at times. There were moments I wanted to slap both of them for how childish they were acting.

There are so many hilarious Lorelai moments in that compilation. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

And just gives up. "Three coffees will be great"
Old 07-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Considering Lorelai usually drinks a vat worth of coffee, I’m sure 3 coffees would actually be enough for her.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Haha. When you are so tired, you give in to three coffees, you probably need three coffees.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://lorelaigilmoure.tumblr.com/p...67652545806336
Old 07-30-2020, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirlsyndrome (View Post)
Haha. When you are so tired, you give in to three coffees, you probably need three coffees.
Exactly.

Love that gifset!
Old 07-30-2020, 07:50 AM
Loyal Fan

That gifset is great.

Ugh, Lorelai's lipstick is always on point.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love that gifset!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread