Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead:
<STRONG>I want to start an "Amy S-P Unappreciation Thread". Actually, how about a "I Hate Useless Characters Thread" (I'm talking to you, Tobin and you, Brennan"</STRONG>
That's fine, according to the mods.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Gotcha covered Curly.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, I was wrong when I thought we were all smart enough not to fight. My prediction:These UnApp threads are going to be shut down. We have, like, 7 or something. Ballpark. C'mon guys, if you like Lorelai, don't go to her UnApp thread. Be nice.

I don't remember Tobin. Who was that?

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
Josh: Yeah. Two really great things. (LORELAI smiles)
-Before the Beginning
SamiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SamiJoe:
<STRONG>I don't remember Tobin. Who was that?</STRONG>
He was the Independence Inn's night shift security guy who buys bagels and Joe Strummer's leather jacket. A one-time character that didn't merit much attention.

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited toughfluff * ]

You know it's funny people these people go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good, they wake up the next day and they're on fire!

(You'll forever get my admiration if you know where the second quote came from!)
toughfluff * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

I won't come here anymore, eventhough this page has been through 2 pages and no one including people who like Lorelai has come on here and been like "You can't say anything bad about her, ever!" so that's not the problem, but since we can't have a general thread, then I don't see why there can't be one for any character we don't like.

Tobin was useless guest star #37 who gave Lorelai Joe Strummer's jacket for her birthday.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the Tobin info. I remember now.

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
-Before the Beginning
Old 12-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

I got to keep my Jess Unappreciation thread! Whoo!

I don't mind unappreciation threads guys.. but do you guys see what these unappreciation threads are doing to us? We all like Gilmore Girls.. we take the bad with the good. Right now, it doesn't sound like we are GG fans. We're fighting over the rights of our opinions.. and it's getting personal. If you like Lorelai or Jess or Rory, that's cool.. if you don't like them.. that's cool too. But are unappreciation threads worth it if it's just making us fight? Doesn't feel so homey here anymore.

And I thought the Jess Unappreciation thread was going to raise the roof! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

At Jamie's request, we're leaving this a Lorelai Unappreciation Thread. Roxy and I talked it over and decided to allow individual unappreciation threads for any of the main characters, those who are or used to be in the credits at the beginning of the show. Everyone else goes into the General Character Unappreciation Thread.

I was looking at other boards on FF over the weekend and saw numerous unappreciation threads. I was so proud of the GG board for not having any. Less than 48 hours later, we have them. Unappreciation threads are allowed on FF so all I can say to those of you who don't like them is don't post in them. If people stop posting, they'll go away. If people want them, they're staying.

Just because a thread is allowed doesn't mean you have to start it.

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited jennarose ]

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sooo back on topic, just kidding. Lets all continue in a nice manner, ok? [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

One of my gripes this season occured when she cornered Luke in the diner about he not telling her that he was seeing Nicole. My thing with Lorelai was that she was irritated that he didn't tell her. YET, she rarely tells him the personals of her life. Has she told him about Digger/Jason? Or in LOOTW when she didn't want to tell him about Alex (who many may not remember; he was on for that short awhile). She wants him to share personal details about his life but she refuses to do the same.

But of course I still love Lauren Graham [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Sam! You make an excellent point. I just saw that epand it only fueled my Lorelai dislike. I loved her banter in the ep but when she yelled at Luke and the stuff she said to Nicole. I was like, "hey Lor, how old are you and what the hell are you thinking?"

Icon by wicked_one
Old 12-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose:
<STRONG>
Just because a thread is allowed doesn't mean you have to start it.</STRONG>
Ah Jenna but that would be common sense, a scarce virtue my friend.

Kitty word! However frankly I don't think Jamie meant any harm. Just a thread like the Lorelai at TWoP where you can talk about her without having to kiss her butt. I also think you want the same with the Jess one. I don't think either of you two meant this to be if you bash x I'll start a pointeless one of y and z and c, but what do I know.

Anyway, I want to thanks the mods. You do a wonderful work and I'm embarrassed that we give you so much work to do.

ETA: I see that you moved on, so don't mind my post.
Clau741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Clau741:
<STRONG> However frankly I don't think Jamie meant any harm. Just a thread like the Lorelai at TWoP where you can talk about her without having to kiss her butt. I also think you want the same with the Jess one. I don't think either of you two meant this to be if you bash x I'll start a pointeless one of y and z and c, but what do I know.</STRONG>
Just for the record, I didn't start the thread to start fights. I want to clear my name so people don't start slandering me.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by wicked_one
Old 12-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

We know you didn't. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] This was a good idea, it was just hurt by bad people.

-Before the Beginning
Old 12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter:
<STRONG>Sam! You make an excellent point. I just saw that epand it only fueled my Lorelai dislike. I loved her banter in the ep but when she yelled at Luke and the stuff she said to Nicole. I was like, "hey Lor, how old are you and what the hell are you thinking?"</STRONG>
Yup. What I admired most about Lorelai in the first seasons were was her ability to balance the youthful and cool with the adult and mature. Lorelai knew how to be cool without being immature about it. The Lorelai that I adore would have approached Luke in a much more calm manner even if it was a little spazzy. Compare that scene with Luke with a smiliar one at the end of LMLD. She calmly began talking to Luke and while eventually she got more upset it was still cute and not immature. Whereas in Die, Jerk! Lor goes straight into attack mode.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks SamiJoe!

Sam - Die, Jerk!Lorelai was just being bratty. And her whole weirdness with Nicole? Nicole came off looking like an adult, being all calm and collected and Lorelai came off sounding like an idiot. I hate her when she gets jealous and has a hard time admitting it. She's so deep in denial it's pathetic. Hee.

Icon by wicked_one
Reply   Post New Thread