Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
A lot of people can't stand the ending, it being a cliffhanger that ended on a note of uncertainty, but I can't help but see that as simply another chapter and challenge for Rory that could be the best thing to ever happen to her? I see it as hopeful and finally something to force her to get her crap together, ya know?
I loved the ending for that exact reason too. When Lorelai had Rory her life was far from ideal aswell. Ofcourse she's had to fight for Rory on the way, but Rory fixed her life imo. A great carreer, friends, family, etc. It all started with Rory. Rory already had a stable relationship with her mum (and a great degree), but other than that her life was from ideal. To me...that ending is just the start of a new chapter (like you mentioned)...a chapter Lorelai experienced aswell. We all know Lorelai will guide Rory (a lot better than Emily did) and her grandchild. A new Gilmore generation.

Some people online argued it's unclear who the daddy is, but that's obvious to me. You just need to do the math. The show itself already gave the answer imo. Logan. No question about it. But it doesn't even matter. This show was never about the boys in their lifes; it was always about the love and respect between Lorelai and Rory....and the revival made it pretty clear that will continue with Rory's kid.

It's also clear to me that she'll end up with Jess eventually. Her Luke. So many paralels. I'm sure she choose to stay in Stars Hollow too. For the first few years anyway. For a back-up system.

If I had to choose one ''cliffhanger'' it would be Rory's future job. She wrote a book and I'm sure it's a success for her, but other than that? Journalism I suppose, but I'm curious where she'd end up job-wise.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love how it's open ended on who she ends up with. You can believe she'll end up with Jess, I can believe she'll end up with Logan or perhaps even some different man or even by herself (I'm doing it and I'm fine) for all we know? I think the real story and take away is that they'll still go on being there for each other as they always have been. Lorelai will help her daughter in any way she can and that kid will have the best grandmother (and great grandmother) on earth!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh ツ

sometimes Rory was definitely the more mature one in this relationship
Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I love how it's open ended on who she ends up with. You can believe she'll end up with Jess, I can believe she'll end up with Logan or perhaps even some different man or even by herself (I'm doing it and I'm fine) for all we know? I think the real story and take away is that they'll still go on being there for each other as they always have been. Lorelai will help her daughter in any way she can and that kid will have the best grandmother (and great grandmother) on earth!
Exactly
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

At the gifs.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Haha, love that gifset! Heh, sometimes? I think Rory was the more mature one most of the time.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Very true.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Gilmore Girls: Lorelei & Rory's Mother-Daughter Goals | InStyle.com
Old 05-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star