Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Milo's_Girl*~
And you wanna hear the funny thing? It does nothing to me that the two are a couple in real life. They were pefect together as the characters in the show.
This is very true. Well, I thought they were perfect at that time. Rory and Jess, where they are now, would not make the perfect couple. But had they continued staying together, through S3, who knows, most likely they could still make a great couple. Although, I really do not know how Jess would fit into Rory's Yale world... I'm just being honest. I am a completely S2-3 Lit, but now that things are as they are, the same Litness won't be there.

But, since they slaughtered his character, it is definitely consolation to me that Alexis and Milo are together, although their relationship and individual personalities in no way reflects that of the show.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

you know althou there was alot lacking in the way s3 was written for lit i didnt have too much of a problem with s3. even the end of them then, it was sad that things got messed up but sometimes that happens and it sucks.

its s4 lit that really killed me. why bring jess back and make things worse? the "i love you" was just great but i hate rory's complete lack of a reaction or even second thought. jess meant so much more to her than that. and then the yale scene just killed it for me. i much prefered their s3 ending to their s4 one!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
i much prefered their s3 ending to their s4 one!
S3 was sad. Jess should not have up and left without saying anything to Rory though. Damn that spinoff. They were cute when they were together.
S4 was infuriating. Making such a big deal, only to leave an unresolved and unjustified mess. That made no sense.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by girlminivan
I always wanted Jess to be Rory's first, you know? That's probably why I went and trashed the room when it turned out to be freaking Dean!
Me, too. But my fury--and yes, I also trashed the room when I saw that--was only partly because of my hatred for Dean. First and foremost, it was because Rory playing the other woman...and for not regretting it.

Well...first I went into a catatonic state, then I cried violently, then I came to the decision that I would never watch that show again, then I removed all GG things from my collection of things, then I trashed the room, then...I kinda lose sight, but I think I threw up and then then blubbered myself to sleep. But goddamn!my head hurt in the morning. And I was refusing to talk about it. Like a real emotional trauma.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

i dont know what i would have done if i wasnt prepared for it. i heard about her sleeping with dean before i saw any Lit and became invested in them so it was a tiny bit easier for me to take, but it still sucked so badly. that was just not the rory i had come to love as a character and ruining her really sucked. i dont think rory ever understood what dean being married really meant. she never acted like she cared whether he was married or not.

and i really wanted jess to be her first too. it should have been that way. her relationship with jess was so much more special and real than the one with dean.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I really do not know how Jess would fit into Rory's Yale world...
I think that Jess would have fit in the same way that Will Hunting fit into his girlfriend's Harvard world. He could probably match any Yalie's intellectual conversation and even though he would not mix socially, he would most definitely fit with Rory.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

yeah i def think Jess would fit in intellectually. he may not be that "elite" socialite but he was smart enough to keep up in the convo and understand the things rory talked about.

for example in 508 rory asks dean about her article and he's like, i cant critique it, i just read it and it was good. whereas we know jess would be able to give her a proper answer (like logan did). as jess pointed out in s2, dean and rory had nothing in common besides her insistence that "he's always nice and love me". which is why going back to them as a couple after Lit was just stupid.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Oh, god, Maz, you have no idea how lucky you are you were prepared.

I guess...I take everything really hard.

"He's nice and he loves me." Um...yeah, so does...er, your grandpa. You gonna **** your grandpa, too, girlie? [/bitch] And she called him "dependable" when talking to Lane. DEPENDABLE. I mean, yes, very good...but when that's ALL you can say about a person...that's not good at all! Goddamn, not only is he nondescript and sterile, but so are every single one of the words you can use to describe him!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
Me, too. But my fury--and yes, I also trashed the room when I saw that--was only partly because of my hatred for Dean. First and foremost, it was because Rory playing the other woman...and for not regretting it.

Well...first I went into a catatonic state, then I cried violently, then I came to the decision that I would never watch that show again, then I removed all GG things from my collection of things, then I trashed the room, then...I kinda lose sight, but I think I threw up and then then blubbered myself to sleep. But goddamn!my head hurt in the morning. And I was refusing to talk about it. Like a real emotional trauma.
wow. you took it realy realy hard. I had a similar reaction, but not to a fictional couple. To 2 real people - the ones at my avatar. they were at a band together, and then it turned out he's been dating for quite awhile with someone else from the band and I took it really hard because more than anything I wanted these two together.
You can take comfort at the fact that Milo and Alexis are really together, just their fictional characters aren't.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Oh, yeah, I do. ( ) But that was a reaction to the finale. After the Yale scene, I just cried. It wasn't until the next week that I went over the edge. Just...oh my god.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

yeah being prepared for it really helped. i knew even before i saw jess, so i was hesitant to love them so much, but i couldnt stop myself from loving them, but it was always there in the back of my mind that it wasnt going to last.

also rory uses the word safe to describe dean. lame. what is safe? like a security blanket? thats what dean was. nice, safe, dependable. yeah great reasons to stay with him.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

My sister made another lit vid a while back but i forgot to share.

Rory/Jess - Desperately by Nida
Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone.

I'm a newbie to Gilmore Girls. I've been watching on ABC family because I don't have the WB, and seeing these rather outdated seasons, you can't help but fall in love with Jess and Rory.

With that in mind: I'm looking for some good Jess/Rory fanfiction. Preferably higher rated stuff (i.e. I like smut). Of course, I'm not averse to really good fiction of ANY rating.

Can anyone give really good reccomendations? It's be much appreciated.

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."-Charlie McCarthy

*'Ships I Sail*
Spike/Buffy, Seth/Summer, Veronica/Logan, Draco/Ginny
Old 12-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

everyone! Wow I haven't been to a Literati thread in ages.

Quote:
I always wanted Jess to be Rory's first, you know?
Me too. And Rory never seemed really attracted to Dean as she was with Jess. So it really surprised me that the writers decided to make Rory's first time with Dean a married man of all people. I still have faith though... and Literati will live on.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 12-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Hello, all!

Miss Priss, I'll go make you a list.

Hmm...favorite Lit kisses? Aaaand...go.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread