Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Scott’s the only like big main character that’s going to be there at fan fest this year but yeah it should be a lot of fun! I got a ticket a few weeks ago

yeah that ATX reunion was awesome/amazing
Old 10-09-2020, 12:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Scott’s the only like big main character that’s going to be there at fan fest this year but yeah it should be a lot of fun! I got a ticket a few weeks ago

yeah that ATX reunion was awesome/amazing
Oh awesome. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Ok my number 4. This is where it gets hard. So many to pick from and only 2 spots left. It’s going to have to be Lorelai’s Graduation Day. Such a great episode all round and the first time we see Rory get out of her comfort zone...and it’s all due to her feelings for Jess. She takes a risk, not because he talks her into it like someone else, but simply because she wants to see him .
Old 10-09-2020, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome we both have that in our top 5

well for me it's number one
Old 10-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love hearing about your top 5. I would say my top 5 Lit eps are probably pretty similar to yours, Allison. I'd have to see about what order.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

^awesome

new fic from the queen of AUs herself

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1371608...ve-Will-Travel
Old 10-09-2020, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Love the fan fic! I have not read a LIT fan fic in the longest time. I remember how I started one once but never got arund it finish it.

Aw so many great moments from their story!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-10-2020, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

there's some really great ones out there

https://love-geeky-fangirl.tumblr.co...so-logans-love
Old 10-10-2020, 02:05 AM
Passionate Fan

So my fifth spot will have to go to Teach Me Tonight...which I think I had as number 1 before. That car ride sets up the foundation of what they will always bring to each other....wanting the other to be the best versions of themselves and that is everything in a show like this. I think it has slipped down my list because each time I watch Lorelais complete disregard for Jess’s well being naffs me off more and more.

And to think I have left out, A Tisket a Tasket, Let the Games Begin, They Shoot Gilmores Don’t They, Nick and Nora Syd and Nancy, Balailakas, and This week Fights . I love them all.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah there’s a lot of great episodes

just made this gifset

https://jessmcriano.tumblr.com/post/...ary-week-day-6
Old 10-10-2020, 02:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Great moments there Allison .

Love this too.

https://rebeccapearson.tumblr.com/po...ary-week-day-6

And this.

https://stellaluna33.tumblr.com/post...elationship-at

‘ The progression of Jess and Rory’s relationship at the end of Season 2 will always be heartbreakingly, swooningly romantic to me. They’d been gradually growing closer over the course of the season, but Teach Me Tonight and everything that follows builds to a conclusion that seems almost inevitable.
They’re alone, they’ve been flirting non-stop (well, mostly Jess), and it’s during that car ride that we catch a glimpse of what becomes one of the hallmarks of their relationship, which is their unwavering belief in each other’s potential and their determination to push each other to be better people. Rory maintains that Jess “can do more” with his life than drifting aimlessly, and Jess, while confident that Rory can attain her dreams, is almost the first person in her life to tell her that getting there will be really really hard and she’ll need to work to be tough enough to do it. They believe in each other, but not blindly. But all this, and the prolonged eye-contact and that heady, reckless feeling ends up leading nowhere, abruptly and tragically.
But it’s the way they act after the car accident that really gets me, because when it seems like the entire world is trying to rip them apart, all they seem to care about is protecting each other. It was an accident, yet both of them are consumed with a need to take the blame themselves in order to spare the other. Rory, despite her own broken arm, defends Jess passionately to anyone who will listen, even going so far as to claim that the fault should rest on HER. SHE asked him to drive, SHE told him to “turn right.” Meanwhile, Jess clearly blames himself. After making sure she was being taken care of, he is clearly shaken and distressed. And when he leaves, Babette’s gossip makes it clear that it wasn’t Luke who packed him off. Jess sent HIMSELF away, as a punishment for hurting Rory.
But they can’t seem to keep away from each other. Jess can’t help calling to see how she’s doing (he never called Luke), and once she hears his voice again, it’s as though Rory can’t think of anything else but seeing him again. Rory, who cares more about school than almost anything else besides her mother, cuts class to take a bus to New York City by herself, to hunt down a boy who may or may not be in a park she doesn’t know the address to, in one of the biggest cities in the world. Because she has to see him.
And even though they mean to say goodbye at the end of that day, they still can’t make it stick. Jess knows now that Rory doesn’t hate him, that she, in fact, cares about him enough to risk her reputation, even her physical safety, to see him. I think it’s safe to say that no one had EVER been willing to risk so much for him before. And he responds in kind- he uproots his entire life, lays his dignity on the line, willingly subjects himself to the dislike and disapproval of every single person in that town except for her and Luke- because if Rory wants him, it doesn’t matter if no one else does. It doesn’t matter as long as he can be with her.
And then for Rory to turn around and see him standing there, waiting, underneath the trees with flowers in her hair… That scene is so beautiful, I come undone every time. He’s moved back, and he came back for HER. He doesn’t say as much in words, but it’s there in his eyes for everyone to see- the way he looks at her like she’s the only thing in the world. And she kisses him. And it’s breathless and desperate and then… it’s over. Because she isn’t free to be with him and she’s frightened by these feelings she doesn’t know how to plan or control. She flees like a deer and Jess is left stunned, gazing after her like he’s forgotten how to breathe. And honestly, so have I.

Not crying !!!!

Lots of beautiful stuff around today but I will hold off so we can space them out.

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-10-2020 at 02:10 PM
Old 10-10-2020, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

here’s 2 more

https://livelovecaliforniadreams.tum...95951551889408

https://thelightreflects.tumblr.com/...-six-favourite

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-10-2020 at 02:41 PM
Old 10-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Great moments there Allison .

Love this too.

https://rebeccapearson.tumblr.com/po...ary-week-day-6

And this.

https://stellaluna33.tumblr.com/post...elationship-at

‘ The progression of Jess and Rory’s relationship at the end of Season 2 will always be heartbreakingly, swooningly romantic to me. They’d been gradually growing closer over the course of the season, but Teach Me Tonight and everything that follows builds to a conclusion that seems almost inevitable.
They’re alone, they’ve been flirting non-stop (well, mostly Jess), and it’s during that car ride that we catch a glimpse of what becomes one of the hallmarks of their relationship, which is their unwavering belief in each other’s potential and their determination to push each other to be better people. Rory maintains that Jess “can do more” with his life than drifting aimlessly, and Jess, while confident that Rory can attain her dreams, is almost the first person in her life to tell her that getting there will be really really hard and she’ll need to work to be tough enough to do it. They believe in each other, but not blindly. But all this, and the prolonged eye-contact and that heady, reckless feeling ends up leading nowhere, abruptly and tragically.
But it’s the way they act after the car accident that really gets me, because when it seems like the entire world is trying to rip them apart, all they seem to care about is protecting each other. It was an accident, yet both of them are consumed with a need to take the blame themselves in order to spare the other. Rory, despite her own broken arm, defends Jess passionately to anyone who will listen, even going so far as to claim that the fault should rest on HER. SHE asked him to drive, SHE told him to “turn right.” Meanwhile, Jess clearly blames himself. After making sure she was being taken care of, he is clearly shaken and distressed. And when he leaves, Babette’s gossip makes it clear that it wasn’t Luke who packed him off. Jess sent HIMSELF away, as a punishment for hurting Rory.
But they can’t seem to keep away from each other. Jess can’t help calling to see how she’s doing (he never called Luke), and once she hears his voice again, it’s as though Rory can’t think of anything else but seeing him again. Rory, who cares more about school than almost anything else besides her mother, cuts class to take a bus to New York City by herself, to hunt down a boy who may or may not be in a park she doesn’t know the address to, in one of the biggest cities in the world. Because she has to see him.
And even though they mean to say goodbye at the end of that day, they still can’t make it stick. Jess knows now that Rory doesn’t hate him, that she, in fact, cares about him enough to risk her reputation, even her physical safety, to see him. I think it’s safe to say that no one had EVER been willing to risk so much for him before. And he responds in kind- he uproots his entire life, lays his dignity on the line, willingly subjects himself to the dislike and disapproval of every single person in that town except for her and Luke- because if Rory wants him, it doesn’t matter if no one else does. It doesn’t matter as long as he can be with her.
And then for Rory to turn around and see him standing there, waiting, underneath the trees with flowers in her hair… That scene is so beautiful, I come undone every time. He’s moved back, and he came back for HER. He doesn’t say as much in words, but it’s there in his eyes for everyone to see- the way he looks at her like she’s the only thing in the world. And she kisses him. And it’s breathless and desperate and then… it’s over. Because she isn’t free to be with him and she’s frightened by these feelings she doesn’t know how to plan or control. She flees like a deer and Jess is left stunned, gazing after her like he’s forgotten how to breathe. And honestly, so have I.

Not crying !!!!

Lots of beautiful stuff around today but I will hold off so we can space them out.
This is so beautiful written and so true! They supported one another to on end! It was them against the world and in the end they aways found a way to be with eachother!

The Lits were so romantic!

I love Teach Me Tonight as well. So many amazing moments. You can tell they were meant to be no matter what!

As they say real love is will the good in the other.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did like how Rory defends him after the accident and the way those last few episodes in S2 led/built up to the big kiss in the finale was really well done

https://austennerdita2533.tumblr.com...-rory-and-jess

https://rorygilmars.tumblr.com/post/...ary-week-day-6

https://ksfd89.tumblr.com/post/63160...rfigure-it-out

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-10-2020 at 11:30 PM
Old 10-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Passionate Fan

So many beautiful things .

https://mobile.twitter.com/SWIFTBLCK...89891383771136

Hahaha!!

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-11-2020 at 03:07 PM
Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star