I think she has nailed it.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh wow.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Well our guys didn't win or go near each other, so all is as expected .

It's just makes me happy knowing they were in the same building though .

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhoWhatWe...16597520834561

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn2D_Zsg...ed=jessmariano
Old 09-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nice pics of them.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Well our guys didn't win or go near each other, so all is as expected .

It's just makes me happy knowing they were in the same building though .
I wasn't paying close enough attention to how far away they were actually sitting away from each other

but yeah same ALWAYS ^

I think they probably did see each other at some point though?

now we have to wait for the GGs for another reunion

**** that noise

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-18-2018 at 11:46 PM
Old 09-19-2018, 02:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the fic gifset, but I am not sure what's it's telling me . It doesn't seem particularly promising.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WriterMom...12822224871424

Love this

http://gilmoredanesmariano.tumblr.co...t-instrumental

It warms my heart that they played 'that instrumental' in their AYITL final scene.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4OAMFA...ed=jessmariano

Last edited by Litlover73; 09-19-2018 at 04:28 AM
Old 09-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually haven't read the fic yet before

have you?

they always looked so good at events together when they were still dating

OOOHHH I love this

Quote:
Endgame: Literati. Or, why this essay and all you Literati lovers kick me in the Literati-Shipping Balls.

Whoo-hoo! Another fan-submitted essay! jessjunky submitted to me an essay as to why she believes that Literati is endgame, and we’d love to hear your opinions on the matter!
As any Gilmore Girls watcher knows, there are many possible debates and arguments to defend your favorite ship. I believe the majority of my fellow viewers are in agreement when I say that Lorelai/Luke are soulmates, but there are some who disagree when I say the same of Jess/Rory. What it comes down to, for me, is the following three arguments:

1. Cheater or Cheatee?

Dean Forrester was originally the perfect first boyfriend. Sweet and dependable, he was like a set of training wheels- something to help you get ready and prepared for the real thing. However, he didn’t want to accept his appointed role, even after he was married, and he and Rory were entangled together in an affair. Very few people argue or deny this offense.

Logan Huntzberger was a little more complicated. While I will be fair and say that the “But they were broken up!” argument is perfectly valid, I will also say that, for me, it all comes down to how RORY felt about it. RORY obviously felt like they WEREN’T broken up, felt like he HAD cheated, and therefore had her trust in him broken. It is extremely hard to go back after that and trust your partner completely- which is needed in any serious relationship. For me, that relationship was doomed from that point on.

Jess Mariano, however, never cheated on anyone- not even on the girl he only used to make the girl he was interested in jealous. When confronted with Rory cheating on Dean, he never really asked, “What did the kiss mean for you?” or “Why did you kiss me?” He only asked, “Are you broken up with Dean?” To him, that was the only logical next step after she had kissed him, whether she wanted to be with him or not. When confronted with finally being with the girl he wanted to be with, he insisted on breaking up with Shane before anything else happened. Lastly, when confronted with Rory telling him that Logan cheated on her right after their kiss, he was shocked. “Who-who cheated on you? That guy?” To Jess Mariano, cheating on anyone, whether you care about them or not, is just disgraceful and unneeded. I respect him for that.

2. Attractions

As we all know, Rory’s attractions and feelings are often on the fritz. When she was with Dean, she kissed Tristan and Jess. When she was with Logan, she kissed Jess and had a confirmed crush on Richard’s TA or whatever he was called. But when she was with Jess, she was completely with Jess. She never once believed that Dean was trying to get back together with her. She was only interested in being friends. Is it just me, or should you not have feelings for anyone else when you’re already in love?

3. Comparisons

As previously stated, I think we can all agree when I say that Lorelai/Luke are soulmates. What is often under debate is who is for Rory-Dean, Jess, or Logan? These are obviously the top three romantic entanglements of her life and I believe we can also all agree when I say that Lorelai’s top three romantic entanglements were Max, Luke, and Christopher. So let’s take it from there:

Dean and Max: Both sweet, caring, seemingly perfect boyfriends, that spell out one word in Gilmore Girls’ minds: SAFE. After that first breakup, the girls go back to them whenever they see them and are single.

Logan and Christopher: Both rich, spoiled playboys who got kicked out of the top schools in the country. Also, again, in the name of fairness and attempted impartiality, they grew up and matured for the sake of their respective girls and themselves. However, in my opinion, by thatt time it was too late. Which brings me to my next point:

Jess and Luke: Both monosyllabic, gruff, diner boys with a sweet side. Remember Luke’s reaction when he found out that Max and Lorelai’s wedding was called off? Sound kinda familiar and redone? Or about how Lorelai said that Christopher was the one she wanted to want? Or about how once Luke Danes is in your life, he’s in your life forever? All of these things can be applied to both Danes men. However, each one is especially tailored for their respective girl. Lorelai is a homebody. She loves Star’s Hollow and never wants to leave. Her kryptonite is primarily coffee. Luke is perfectly capable of giving her these things, just like his nephew is capable of giving Rory what she wants. Rory loves Star’s Hollow as well, but she also wants to travel the world. Therefore, she needs someone who will be able to fit in when she goes to visit her hometown, but not someone who will get too attached. Dean fit too well in Star’s Hollow, Logan not at all. Jess is the bad boy that Star’s Hollow needs and secretly welcomes, who gives Rory her books and coffee and picks her up when she falls down. He might not be her Prince Charming who saves her from a tower, but I think he is her Knight in Shining Armour. What more can a girl ask for?
"welcome to S.H.

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-19-2018 at 09:24 PM
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'll read that later. Gotta get ready for work soon.

That's wonderful.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:11 AM
Passionate Fan

So which fic is that art gifset thing for? I can't see a link or anything.

That is a great essay. My favourite bits -

But when she was with Jess, she was completely with Jess. She never once believed that Dean was trying to get back together with her. She was only interested in being friends. Is it just me, or should you not have feelings for anyone else when you’re already in love?

Jess Mariano, however, never cheated on anyone- not even on the girl he only used to make the girl he was interested in jealous. When confronted with Rory cheating on Dean, he never really asked, “What did the kiss mean for you?” or “Why did you kiss me?” He only asked, “Are you broken up with Dean?” To him, that was the only logical next step after she had kissed him, whether she wanted to be with him or not. When confronted with finally being with the girl he wanted to be with, he insisted on breaking up with Shane before anything else happened. Lastly, when confronted with Rory telling him that Logan cheated on her right after their kiss, he was shocked. “Who-who cheated on you? That guy?” To Jess Mariano, cheating on anyone, whether you care about them or not, is just disgraceful and unneeded. I respect him for that.

I think this is a huge deal. Even when Amy made Jess the inattentive boyfriend, this was one of his most noble traits, and Amy wrote this obviously knowing what she had in store with both Dean and Logan making her 'the other woman'.

And this bit

Jess is the bad boy that Star’s Hollow needs and secretly welcomes, who gives Rory her books and coffee and picks her up when she falls down. He might not be her Prince Charming who saves her from a tower, but I think he is her Knight in Shining Armour. What more can a girl ask for?

Indeed .
Old 09-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11383193/1/Nine-Years-Gone
Old 09-20-2018, 04:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Oh ok. Yep I think I have read it. It's not bad. I may have to refresh my brain with it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atlantall...86108261662720

There is a problem with the 2000 miles fic and that new sequel. Just gives me an error page. It had better not be gone forever.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

this makes me so emotional

jess & rory

jess & rory

hmmm I'm getting an error message too

okay her profile is still up but her stories are all gone

I just shot her a PM so hopefully she responds

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-20-2018 at 05:18 PM
Old 09-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh wow they are gorgeous. Love them .

Good thinking! I will be bummed if we don't get the sequel. Let me know if she responds.

Quote:
Don’t say “no” just to make me stop talking or make me go away. Only say “no” if you really don’t want to be with me. No!
Where You Lead I Will Follow

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9mLM0A...ed=roryandjess

Oh and here is some more loveliness if you want to embed them Allison.

jess & rory

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-21-2018 at 08:52 PM
Old 09-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love all of these!
Old 09-21-2018, 09:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for that.

Can someone embed this one too. My two most favourite worlds colliding.

jess & rory