Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for those great vids and embedding Allison. I haven't seen them before. Perfect for them really. Out of the 3 relationships she fought against her feelings for Jess the most.

That movie is a must watch. You will love it .

https://incorrectliteratiquotes.tumb...s-on-your-back

I love this tumblr.

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-17-2018 at 11:07 PM
Old 10-18-2018, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just had a thought. How would you guys rank 2x21, 2x19, 2x13 from most to least favorite just in terms of Rory and Jess (nothing else)?

For me those are my top 3 Lit eps in S2.

I guess I would order it 2x21, 2x13, 2x19

I thought about switching 2x21 and 2x19 in my ranking b/c Teach Me Tonight is like my personal fave ep/the fan-favorite of Lit fans but the "You didn't day goodbye" scene is my favorite Lit scene from all of S2

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-18-2018 at 01:22 AM
Old 10-18-2018, 04:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Great question but it's a toughie. I love them all for different reasons.

I guess my least favourite is A tisket a tasket, but I love how this episode establishes their friendship and that they have so much in common. Jess made out that he bought her basket to rile up Dean, but in reality he knew that she was someone he wanted to spend time with and get to know better. Their scene on the bridge is beautiful and I love that she continued to spend time with him eating pizza and going to the bookstore. Yet again, scenes I really wish we got to see.

Number 2, by a whisker, is Lorelai's graduation day. The fact that Rory skipped school to spend time with him is everything, and they just thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. There was no games, Jess was comfortable in his home town, and he knew exactly how to give her a great day. I also loved the scene with Rory and Lorelai at the end when Lorelai realises that Rory has fallen for Jess .

So that leaves Teach me Tonight as number 1. I love their flirty banter in the diner, the magic trick, but the car ride is what makes this number one. Their conversation was so easy and natural, and it really establishes what their long term relationship is going to be. That they will encourage each other to be the best version of themselves, no matter what they have put each other through. The eye sex in that car was pretty amazing too.

Another fave season 2 Ep is There's the Rub. The umbrella scene, the great scene in the kitchen when he first arrives, the sexual tension in that scene is ridiculous, and the final moment in the diner with Dean and Lorelai watching them flirt through the window. Love it .

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-18-2018 at 05:05 AM
Old 10-18-2018, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'll get back to you on that.

Love that gifset.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Passionate Fan

We look forward to it Lindsay .

I think this is embedding worthy.

https://love-for-tv.tumblr.com/post/179187436151

I can't remember if we have posted this before, but it's good for a laugh.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/7073...his-should-end

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-18-2018 at 10:17 PM
Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

https://mobile.twitter.com/justanout...91144346902528

Thank heaven for that.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

there's a Lit pic from 2x08 in the Milo mag that came out today!

yeah I've posted that here before Susan

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-19-2018 at 04:39 PM
Old 10-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
That's good.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
there's a Lit pic from 2x08 in the Milo mag that came out today!

yeah I've posted that here before Susan
I couldn't find the mag down here .

Was there anything said about GG or Alexis that I could get excited about?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpJBlC1g...ed=roryandjess

Sniffle!

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-19-2018 at 11:28 PM
Old 10-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

not really :/

besides them briefly mentioning that they used to date
Old 10-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
not really :/

besides them briefly mentioning that they used to date
That's disappointing .

I stumbled across this article which we may or may not have posted before, but I don't recall reading it....but again...my memory .

https://bloggleoggle.wordpress.com/2...ss-phenomenon/

Anyway it is highly accurate.

Also came across this gorgeous little one shot fic which made me get something in my eye. It's old but I hadn't read it before.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3339250/1/Think-of-Me

It's beautiful!

Last edited by Litlover73; 10-20-2018 at 03:56 PM
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

this is a really good compilation of their big moments in succession up to 4x13

honestly a lot of my non-endgame ships have short-lived romances but out of all of my non-endgame ships these 2 were robbed the most

WOOOH this part

Quote:
But I think there’s a less thematic and perhaps more deliberate element to what fuels the fire behind the indignant deluge of #TeamJess fanfiction: they simply did not get enough time.

Jess and Rory’s relationship did not last very long, spanning most of the third season before Jess jumped ship to California, marking the shortest romance out of Rory’s three boyfriends. If you include them flirting and pushing the boundaries of their relationship while Rory is still with Dean then go ahead and count the best part of the second season as well, but it still won’t get you that much more screen time of Jory. Because even when they are in an official relationship you never get to see them together for more than a kiss and an awkward greeting; you see more of Jess and Luke’s relationship and far more of Lorelai complaining about Jess than you ever see of him with Rory.

A lot of this seems, despite accusations of Jess being a deadbeat boyfriend, to be more a result of Rory than her bad boy beau; for one thing, she is constantly running away from him. Whether that is to see Dean, to go back to her mother, or run back to Sookie’s wedding, everything and everyone else seems more important to her than Jess. You never see them hug, or watch a movie or sit around reading together, they never spend any real time in each other’s company. She is flighty and skittish the entire time they are together, so you can’t entirely blame Jess for not knowing if he has her or not – he still feels like he’s trying to win her.

Rory also cares far too much what other people think; if other people are watching, what Dean thinks, what Dean’s family thinks, whether her grandparents would approve. The only person’s feelings she seems not to care about is Jess himself; she is more than happy to leave him feeling bewildered and inadequate just so everyone feels comfortable. She takes advantage of the fact that he will stick around to be made to compete with everyone else in her life.

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-20-2018 at 10:03 PM
Old 10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for that! Will watch tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Lovely vid .

I love this bit from that article too.

'In comparison, Jess and Rory had a lot in common, you could not doubt his passion for her, merely his cluelessness of how to be the boyfriend Rory wanted him to be – an ignorance Rory also seemed to share so you can’t really blame him. And no one can ignore or deny the sizzling sexual chemistry the two shared.'

And a surprising member of team Jess.

"You made me your friend."

So Nick is Robert and Tanc is Finn, for those of us that don't know one from the other .
Old 10-21-2018, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

well they did say they were team Jess here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rEhLI8bzNxM

OH MY GODDD 😭

"You made me your friend."

Spoiler:

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-21-2018 at 01:38 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread