Elite Fan

Aw, love those posts.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

apparently there's a parallel

Luke and Jess both say "come here" to Lorelai and Rory

romance™

hair down, attitude high

I came across this quote I re-blogged a while back again and it reminded me of literati

Quote:
Your eyes are tied with the ocean, so blue and so deep, and every time I look at you I am afraid of drowning, but I continue to stare.

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-14-2018 at 01:23 PM
Old 02-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh wow. I never would have remembered that scene with Luke and Lorelai. I never found their kisses as electrically charged as RJ.

That's a gorgeous quote. I can imagine that would be something Jess would have written in the subsect .

Here is a new cute little piece of Lit fluff for Valentine's Day. Very in character too.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1283703...y-Coincidental

And some more straw clutching

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaiteJohn...25678874787845
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

That quote definitely reminds me of RJ.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Loyal Fan

— We always talk about how much Jess loves/loved...
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm interesting.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I never even thought about how she didn't go back to dating someone in college right away after Jess left and how she didn't feel a connection until I saw that post

Old 02-17-2018, 04:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I like to think that Rory was single for so long because she failed to find someone else that she felt a connection with, however I remember Amy saying at that Austen panel that she had always planned for Rory to lose her virginity to Dean when they were not together.

So to have Rory dating someone, and then sleeping with married Dean in season 4, I am guessing, would have been too much bad Rory too soon.

She would leave that for the Revival....cough...splutter .
Old 02-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Addicted Fan

don't think I will ever be a fan of that writing decision

have you read this fic before?

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2020194/1/

some Literati cuteness for your Saturday

This is the Worthwhile Fight — Softest Literati Moments [1/∞] “Please let me get...

Softest Literati Moments [1/∞]

“Please let me get you a soda. I gotta do something other than stand here like a moron.”

“Take comfort in the fact that you are not doing it alone.”

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-17-2018 at 05:47 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 03:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I think I have read that one. I have read too many to count now.

I hated that Amy wanted Rory to lose her virginity to Dean, especially considering they had zero chemistry. It was cringeworthy at best.

I always wished that it was Dean that went to the dorm to ask her to run away, and then Jess went to her at the house and they did the deed. It still could have been high drama. Lorelai would have been mortified and it would have created tension between her and Luke. Jess and Rory could have had a 'I love you but we have to go our seperate ways for now' heartbreaking moment. Sigh!

I shouldn't think about this stuff. It just depresses me.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I've always felt, that Amy's GG is a social drama about different generations of women. Younger generation (Rory's generation) doesn't necessarily connect/equate sex and relationships. In previous generations a young girl would usually start dating her first boyfriend first, than she would lose her virginity to him. But with generation Y (people about 30 years old) it could happen in different order and commitment in relationship has a different meaning. I actually like it (as a story, but I really sympathised with Lindsey).

As for Jess and Rory - Jess was presented in that episode, because he would have been perfect person for Rory to lose her virginity with. They cared about each other and they could have given each other some space or they could have started a serious relationship afterwards. But Rory has chosen completely different way.
First year at Yale was difficult, so she wanted something easy and familiar, without demands. Being with Dean was easier.

Jess would mean excitement and decisions and risk and grand romance. Dean means just "an instant" affair. Young generation doesn't necessarily want something grand, they want "an instant" solutions for their needs. In my opinion that's Amy's criticism of the society.

Last edited by tanaja; 02-18-2018 at 11:51 AM
Old 02-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

hmmm interesting analysis tanaja

another fic regarding this topic idk if you've read it litlover73 (I like how the author captures the feeling of being tainted)

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4985550/1/

so I've read several fics where Rory loses her virginity to Jess in her childhood bedroom but personally I would prefer it to be not there idk it kinda feels icky (this also probably has to do with Dean )

It's interesting to note that Rory's bedroom is where Rory and Jess first meet so it holds more significance for them.

some of my picks for other locations: on the couch in Rory's house, her dorm, the apartment in Luke's diner, some completely different place not where Rory or Jess currently live

I've read a fic written by MrsMess (you've probably read it already LitLover73 I'm guessing since you're a fan of her work) where she loses her virginity to Jess in her dorm

A Blank Page For You - MrsMess - Gilmore Girls [Archive of Our Own]

another one where she loses it to him on prom night (I feel like if Jess didn't leave at the end of S3 this would probably have happened)

While We're Tidal - missgoalie75 - Gilmore Girls [Archive of Our Own]

and 1 where she loses her virginity to him in her childhood bedroom but it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11180576/1/

Old 02-18-2018, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Cute gifset.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh wow. Thanks for all those Dairfan. I will sift through them after dinner. I have more thoughts on the virginity thing but will come back to that later.

Here are some lovely parallels.

romance™