Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Yep Jess had the most character growth of any character on that show, which is interesting as Amy always bangs on about how the show is all about the girls.

To me it has always been so obvious why Jess's arc was done like that. They made him someone that was compatible with her in so many ways, yet Amy didn't want them together early on, so she made him troubled and not know how to have a relationship. Then as the series progresses he grows and matures so that he can be the man she needs in her messed up adulthood.

It is so obvious to me and it so frustrating when others refuse to acknowledge it.

Another pretty gif set.

jess & rory
Old 05-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
That's interesting view. I like it.

He was there also for comparison between him and Rory. When they were young Lorellai said: "I have a good kid." In the end, Jess was the good kid, not Rory.

I agree that he was there also as someone perfect for her - her soulmate, who is waiting for her to be ready (if she will choose him).
What's the point of giving him this journey (gah...I usually hate that word), for her not to choose him. She loved him when he was at his absolute worst after all. Amy made him the perfect fit for her.

One of my favourite gifs
Where You Lead I Will Follow
Old 05-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What's the point of giving him this journey (gah...I usually hate that word), for her not to choose him. She loved him when he was at his absolute worst after all. Amy made him the perfect fit for her.

One of my favourite gifs
Where You Lead I Will Follow

I agree. He is perfect for her. We see in revival, how perfect he is for her, but she doesn't see it (yet). And when I thought, that she would finally realise, that they belong together - she is pregnant and as such even a step further from him than before.

I think, that Amy doesn't like too happy endings, she wants to leave a bittersweet taste.

For example, Emily and Richard had a solid relationship, but they "lost" their only daughter. Lorelai and Luke love each other, but they have a communication problem. The show ended with the last four words.

Jess and Rory might end up together, but it won't be just easy, They just seem too perfect for each other.

Last edited by tanaja; 05-07-2018 at 10:39 AM
Old 05-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

this is old but I still love it

Literati — Milo liked an insta post about Literati!*

re-watched all the S4 episodes with Milo today b/c I love pain

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-07-2018 at 05:06 PM
Old 05-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ That's cool. And I love that scene.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
this is old but I still love it

Literati — Milo liked an insta post about Literati!*

re-watched all the S4 episodes with Milo today b/c I love pain
Oh I haven't seen that before, that's awesome. He really is team Jess, he always justifies it by saying he doesn't want to appear arrogant.

And yes I too looooove major angst. That's why Lit are the ship for me . I love all of their season 4 scenes.

Sniffle.
https://truncheonpress.tumblr.com/po...emember-in-our

There is some nice stuff on instagram we could use for the OP...like these.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BULOQmyg...=literati_life

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVb5R1g...=literati_life

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUDnNteA...=literati_life

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVbVB9g...=literati_life

Ok I will stop for now...but there is so much beautiful stuff...sigh!

Last edited by Litlover73; 05-08-2018 at 06:44 PM
Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Lots of great stuff!
Old 05-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh I haven't seen that before, that's awesome. He really is team Jess, he always justifies it by saying he doesn't want to appear arrogant.

And yes I too looooove major angst. That's why Lit are the ship for me . I love all of their season 4 scenes.
yeah I totally ship Literati and angst as well and both their performances definitely sell it

this is interesting

http://ribbon-couture.tumblr.com/pos...s-fans-to-keep

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-09-2018 at 05:14 PM
Old 05-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow that is interesting and I will confess that he does frustrate me quite often, especially when he is so gushy about Jack/Rebecca. He seems to always want to appear as the perfect human, which cynical old me finds a bit fake at times.

He said something recently about GG and Heroes being purely entertainment but now the real work has started in this is us. He seems to forget he is in the entertainment industry. I don't need a life lesson every time I turn on my tv. Just sayin'

https://elidexlorcan.tumblr.com/post...oodbye-to-jess
Old 05-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think most of his characters are flawed in some way some more than others

currently in the midst of almost finishing Heroes for the first time (6 more episodes to go) and Milo does some of his best acting on the show and the show has a lot of heart (so I wouldn't say it's solely entertainment)

yeah I agree

I'm trash for When Harry Met Sally
Old 05-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Passionate Fan

He rarely seems to have many positive things to say about Heroes. At least he always had lovely things to say about GG and that it was a great experience for him. I just wish he would come out and say, yes Rory and Jess love each other and need to be together....it's not that difficult really.

When Harry Met Sally is one of my fave movies. The cute goody two shoes girl and the smart mouth cheeky guy who will always support her, the amazing banter too. Mmmm...I sense a pattern here .
Old 05-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

the show did decrease in quality over time but I love his character and seeing him being a paramedic

the friends to lovers type of relationship is definitely a fave for me

I wish I could share my Lit collection that I have on my IG page b/c I have a ton of pretty goodies saved there that could be used for the op

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-10-2018 at 12:31 PM
Old 05-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh really. Why can't you share it? Pardon my ignorance.

Great little vids. Thank you.

This is funny.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...61CEx-XuLXjnM:
Old 05-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If someone can compile everything we want for the OP into 1 post, that would be great. That way I have everything in one spot and it will be easier to find. I'll try to fix it up this weekend then.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Well all the vids are all in my post on the previous page...is that ok?

Now are we allowed to use those pics from instagram that I posted earlier on this page?