Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Well going by how Amy has written her last 2 seasons (6 and the revival), RJ is the only way she can go that makes sense.

She is blatant in her portrayal of these 2 men and how Rory's life is affected by them..ie

Logan = Rory becomes entitled and her life is a mess when she is with him =bad
Jess = Rory wakes up to what she needs and gets back to being her=good.

With Amy admitting that Logan is a parallel to Chris and that it's indicated that Jess wants more...it's a no brainer.

Also different bits of dialogue along the way, like the 'this is fate. I think it is', 'may be we'll catch up at a better time', 'it is what it is', you're over that right, yup long over', are all clear indicators to me that they are destined to find each other again.

Why would she have Rory end up with Logan after showing he is not what's best for her. That he doesn't fit.

Of course Amy may ignore everything that she has said and written over the years and go a different way, but she would be a mad woman if she does, and I will swear off getting attached to characters ever again .

I agree with all you said.

But I am talking about "full circle". Paris is similar to her mother; Lane is similar to her mother and her grandmother.
But Lorelai is different (in many ways) from Emily.

And Rory? Is Rory similar to Lorelai? I think, that Rory is similar to Lorelai (she is pregnant and single), but she is also similar to Emily (she is involved with engaged man).

So, IMO Amy has a lot of freedom for new instalment(s). The story is still relatively open.
In the end Rory's fate could be similar to Lorelai's or even to Emily's fate or she could have completely different fate than both of them (Rory could end up with "her Max" for example).

At the moment Jess/Rory seem a logical solution, but Amy could simply do another twist.
But as I said before: IMO it's not completely hopeless for J/R, because Amy's interpretation of Rory's love life in interviews is similar to yours.

Last edited by tanaja; 01-13-2018 at 01:50 PM
Old 01-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Don't have much time so I will reply to you later tanaja, but I had to share this

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreatCatt...84124831801349

Snort . This is me.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

currently obsessed with a 500 Days of Summer AU with Literati

https://youtu.be/eE1tRnyjZU8

Rory Gilmore is the original Summer

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-14-2018 at 09:10 PM
Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
I agree with all you said.

But I am talking about "full circle". Paris is similar to her mother; Lane is similar to her mother and her grandmother.
But Lorelai is different (in many ways) from Emily.

And Rory? Is Rory similar to Lorelai? I think, that Rory is similar to Lorelai (she is pregnant and single), but she is also similar to Emily (she is involved with engaged man).

So, IMO Amy has a lot of freedom for new instalment(s). The story is still relatively open.
In the end Rory's fate could be similar to Lorelai's or even to Emily's fate or she could have completely different fate than both of them (Rory could end up with "her Max" for example).

At the moment Jess/Rory seem a logical solution, but Amy could simply do another twist.
But as I said before: IMO it's not completely hopeless for J/R, because Amy's interpretation of Rory's love life in interviews is similar to yours.
When they say full circle I don't think they are suggesting they are alike personality wise but that their lives will follow the same path in circumstance. I don't think Lane is anything like Mrs Kim but her life has followed a similar path, same with Paris with her kids hating her, and Rory certainly doesn't have the inner strength and independence of Lorelai, yet here we are.

We were pretty much told from season 1 episode 1 what was going to happen. I can't remember the exact dialogue but Luke said to Rory 'watch it or you are going to end up just like your mother' and she responds 'too late'. It was there from the beginning.

Amy obviously can go where she likes with things now, but Dean is out of the picture, she made it quite clear that she didn't want a future with Logan and that stupid life and Death brigade nonsense was their last hurrah, she tried the 'random other guy' with Paul which was obviously shown to be a disaster, and surely she won't end things with Rory beng single for a third time.

It has to be our time next, it just has to dammit. We deserve it!!

Sorry I am ranting .
Old 01-15-2018, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm kinda sick of the whole full circle discussion
Old 01-15-2018, 03:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I'm kinda sick of the whole full circle discussion
Well you're no fun .

It may be our only hope.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
When they say full circle I don't think they are suggesting they are alike personality wise but that their lives will follow the same path in circumstance. I don't think Lane is anything like Mrs Kim but her life has followed a similar path, same with Paris with her kids hating her, and Rory certainly doesn't have the inner strength and independence of Lorelai, yet here we are.

We were pretty much told from season 1 episode 1 what was going to happen. I can't remember the exact dialogue but Luke said to Rory 'watch it or you are going to end up just like your mother' and she responds 'too late'. It was there from the beginning.

Amy obviously can go where she likes with things now, but Dean is out of the picture, she made it quite clear that she didn't want a future with Logan and that stupid life and Death brigade nonsense was their last hurrah, she tried the 'random other guy' with Paul which was obviously shown to be a disaster, and surely she won't end things with Rory beng single for a third time.

It has to be our time next, it just has to dammit. We deserve it!!

Sorry I am ranting .
That's all good and true. But where is Emily in Rory's story? Rory's story is similar to Lorelai's story, there is no doubt about it. But what about similarities between Emily and Rory'?

Rory's life definitively won't be the same as Emily's life, but there could be some similarities between them. After all, Rory is closer to Emily's world than Lorelai.

I am not saying that Rory will end up with Logan, Dean or someone random like Paul or that she will stay single. But Amy has also other possibilities.for Rory(just a few examples: Tristan, Marty or someone new).

Jess is Rory's soulmate (according to Amy). But they could (or could not) be together at the end.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with college AND even revival Rory being a lot more like Emily than Lorelai because she embraces her wealth/privilege unlike Lorelai who has been running away from it her whole life. I wish Lane and Paris were more of their own individual characters instead of the whole you're going to end up just like your parents crap

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-15-2018 at 04:17 PM
Old 01-16-2018, 02:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I totally agree that Rory is more like Emily than Lorelai ever could be, but I think Amy showed in season 6 that Rory venturing into that world isn't great. She wasn't her true self or particularly happy. She was playing a part. Lorelai would be devastated if Rory followed Emily's path. Can you imagine Rory playing house with Logan and that awful family in London, hosting functions for his work colleagues and spoilt friends, away from her family and friends with a child. Ugh...No thanks.

Rory and Jess could have it all and be everything to each other.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

This gif set and blurb is quite interesting.

Notes In The Margins — theheroheart: Gilmore Girls ♦ That’ll Do, Pig I...

It boggles my mind that people think Dean was the perfect first boyfriend. Rory was scared of him for goodness sake.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could so easily imagine Rory and Jess in this scene with this quote

https://youtu.be/J576WHW83oo

also this scene

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-16-2018 at 07:33 PM
Old 01-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can see that.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This gif set and blurb is quite interesting.

Notes In The Margins — theheroheart: Gilmore Girls ♦ That’ll Do, Pig I...

It boggles my mind that people think Dean was the perfect first boyfriend. Rory was scared of him for goodness sake.
have you seen this post?

In a champagne supernova in the sky
Old 01-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes I have seen that before and is very accurate.

Another time I think they showed Jess to be a protector of Rory is with the umbrella parallel between Jess and Logan.

We have Jess handing her an umbrella to protect her head from danger, and then we have Logan handing her an umbrella to jump to what could possibly have been her early demise, all in the name of fun surrounded by his idiotic friends.

Quite clever don't ya think .

This is nice from twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/TODAYshow...47532964933637

Alexis needs a good feed methinks.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

the umbrella is/will always be firmly/definitively solely a Jess thing to me not a Logan thing (plus it's just so sweet/cute/adorable)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread