Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Especially as it really does seem like Amy loves Jess and wants Rory and Jess together.
Apparently not...

Did she really say that thing about them being married and boring? WTF. Who said they had to get married? LMAO. And even if they did, that wouldn't be boring seeing as its the end of the revival and we wouldn't even see married life.

Its like, getting married is one thing lady, but giving them a total of like 6 minutes screen time is another.

Quote:
So even though it was disappointing, and the amount of Logan was insufferable, I firmly believe that Rory and Jess will find their way back to each other. I just want to flipping see it. They have to do more. It has been an absolute winner for Netflix. They will want another slice of that pie.
That last little look is really the only reason why I haven't rioted lol. But honestly, its just not enough. My only hope is for another revival in another few years and that Milo will indeed be back. (Bless him for that).

I do wonder if his lack of screentime was because of Milo not wanting to be in it much or if milo's lack of interest in the role is BECAUSE of how little amy wrote him in there?
Old 02-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

What do you mean about Milo's lack of interest? I think ASP and DP just wrote it that way, with not a lot of Jess.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I do think Milo would have been a bigger part if Amy let him, he was so outspoken about how he really would always be back for whatever Amy wrote him as.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Fallon is on our team

Did you see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sa9yzJ3mgM

That color really suits milo
Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

milo is such a cutie
Old 02-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Just watched the clip. So cute Milo gave Jimmy a Jess pin. I want one of those.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

im not sure what he means. were those guys team rory? what does that mean?

Quote:
What do you mean about Milo's lack of interest? I think ASP and DP just wrote it that way, with not a lot of Jess.
IMO Milo doesnt seem that interested in the role. To me, it seems like he would gladly let that part of his life go, but he only agreed to return to the series because of his friendship with amy.

so if his lack of scenes were the writers decision and the fact that they just didnt want to give his character much development then thats pretty sucky.

i would understand more if Milo didnt want to dedicate that much time to the role honestly.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Those clips were great weren't they ! And Milo is looking very Jess like too, which warms my little heart. It's great to have such a high profile personality on our team. The teamjess hashtag is getting a great workout since it aired.

I think what Milo meant by that question is do the other guys put Rory first? Do they have her best interests at heart? Very smart of him as we all know that Jess has always been team Rory and Milo has regularly said so.

As for there not being many Jess scenes I read that Amy said there was a storyline in place for one of the boys but it was scrapped due to budget reasons. It could not possibly have been Logan, he was there waaaay too much already, there really wasn't any more need for Dean, so it must have been Jess. That's how I reconcile myself with the whole lack of Jess.

Milo would always do more episodes for Amy, but he would also really want to be able to move on from Jess. Unfortunately for him though that won't happen until we get out Literati happy ending. None of us will be able to let it go until that happens, so it's up to Amy to fix it. Then maybe we can all live happily ever after.

I recently listened to the podcast Milo did with the Gilmore Guys last year. I really loved it, and he seemed genuinely touched by how much Jess is loved. Milo is such an eloquent, talented, yet down to earth guy. I bloody love him!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
im not sure what he means. were those guys team rory? what does that mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I think what Milo meant by that question is do the other guys put Rory first? Do they have her best interests at heart? Very smart of him as we all know that Jess has always been team Rory and Milo has regularly said so.
Unfortunately, I'm not so optimistic.
People were asking: "Are you team Dean, team Jess or team Logan?" Meaning - should Rory choose Dean, Jess or Logan?
But Milo asks, why should Dean, Jess or Logan be team Rory? Why should either of them choose Rory?

Milo has already in August 2016 suggested, that Jess might have not been team Rory
Milo Ventimiglia Of 'Gilmore Girls' Suggests Jess May Not Be Team Rory | The Huffington Post

And IMO it's partly makes sense. Dean is expecting his fourth child. Why would he still think about his high school girlfriend?
Logan is engaged with someone else, but Rory is expecting his child. And Jess and Rory are good friends and care for each other, but they live in a different environments and they are in "very different places" in their lifes at the moment. However, there is still some hope for Logan or Jess IMO.

What do you think about it? Any ideas?

Last edited by tanaja; 02-24-2017 at 08:47 AM
Old 02-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love that Jimmy is an RJ fan. And the pin was great.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 AM
Elite Fan

It's funny how I never really thought Team Jess would be the biggest, even though I was team Jess from the start.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-25-2017, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
It's funny how I never really thought Team Jess would be the biggest, even though I was team Jess from the start.
Me too, and I seriously don't understand how anyone cannot be team Jess. That chemistry was irresistible to me from the very beginning and the other 2 pale in comparison.

On a different note, and I apologise for bringing up old stuff that has probably already been dissected to death, but I watched Scott Pattersons AOL interview last night and from many things he said he seems convinced there will be more episodes. The part where he says " there is an arrangement with WB and Netflix which I can't talk about right now' pretty much screams it.

I am ridiculously excited now.

This has been huge for Netflix and they will want more. I reckon we will start hearing something at the end of the year and it may be out at the end of 2018. Not Amy or any of the cast will deny that there will be more, and if done in the same format it will be doable for most of the cast.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Scott has blown the whistle before, like with Alexis' baby. So, who knows. He wants season 2 to begin with the actual wedding.

Marketing wise, Netflix would be crazy not to go for another season, since GG was in the top 3 of 2016. But I think the Netflix CEO said that he wouldn't do it without the Palladino's. But I can totally live with 4 episodes every (other) year. And I am sure if they don't include the whole cast every time, they can work out all schedules.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-26-2017, 03:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
Yeah, Scott has blown the whistle before, like with Alexis' baby. So, who knows. He wants season 2 to begin with the actual wedding.

Marketing wise, Netflix would be crazy not to go for another season, since GG was in the top 3 of 2016. But I think the Netflix CEO said that he wouldn't do it without the Palladino's. But I can totally live with 4 episodes every (other) year. And I am sure if they don't include the whole cast every time, they can work out all schedules.
Yes we need that wedding. I know it's so cliche but having Jess and Rory as the wedding party, gazing at each other across the aisle during the vows does strange things to me. And having them dance together would be the end of me. If only they could make the baby business a terrible dream that didn't actually happen.

This revival to me was for the Luke Lorelei fans...they probably deserved it more and suffered the longest, but next it should be our turn and Amy surely realises that. I don't think they will be able to resist. I have everything crossed!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread