Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2017, 07:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I am still trying to pretend the revival never happened...
Even now with a couple of weeks to "recover" I am still bitter and sad.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm grateful we even got to see them in scenes together. I think there's still hope for them.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I have been reading this story to make up for their whole story, I really like it so far

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1226614...he-only-option
Old 01-27-2017, 04:01 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

I'm still playing my made up Philly spin-off around in my mind every few nights... I try making up new scenes every once in a while.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljess (View Post)
I have been reading this story to make up for their whole story, I really like it so far

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1226614...he-only-option
Thanks for the link. I'll have to read it.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I'm still bothered by everything. Growth-wise, Jess is for sure one of the better poised characters on the show. But he was barely even treated. And emotionally, he got such a disservice, I'm still upset seeing him like that. The ending is just half of it. It's what we saw that bothers me most.
Haha, I get that! There is so much more depth that that was left untouched.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi! I am new to this forum. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found you all. To start I have a couple of confessions to make.

Firstly I am way too old for this crap...but what can you do.

Secondly I am a Lit fan first and a GG fan second. I never really watched it very intently back in the day, until a young brooding punk stepped off that bus in season 2. Then I was hooked, however it didn't take me long to lose interest once it was obvious he was gone for good.

Lastly I have not really watched the revival. I have only watched the Jess scenes, which I loved, but as everyone says it was not nearly enough. I will not bore you with more commentary on that. But I was bummed....highly bummed!

On a brighter note, it is blatantly obviously to me that ASP is setting our guys up for a happy ending. Having him have such a huge influence on her yet again, warmed my little heart. She trusts him now, which is huge, respects his opinion, and is comfortable enough, even after not seeing each other for years, to blurt out her life's woes after 2 minutes together.

Then the look....aaaggghhhhh! Well that was the saviour wasn't it? And just in case we are all a bit thick, we get Luke randomly questioning Jess about his feelings beforehand, just to ram home the implication.

So even though it was disappointing, and the amount of Logan was insufferable, I firmly believe that Rory and Jess will find their way back to each other. I just want to flipping see it. They have to do more. It has been an absolute winner for Netflix. They will want another slice of that pie.

This is getting too long now, but will rant about other things in future posts undoubtedly. To cheer us up a bit I will put a YouTube link up to a wonderful review. Of all the reviews on YouTube at least 95% are team Jess, as is most of the media stories. There is still so much love and passion for them out there. I love it!!
[YT][https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bojCVrtgfYw/YT]

Hope that works. I am never great at this stuff. Look forward to chatting, gushing, complaining etc.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Hi! I am new to this forum. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found you all. To start I have a couple of confessions to make.

Firstly I am way too old for this crap...but what can you do.

Secondly I am a Lit fan first and a GG fan second. I never really watched it very intently back in the day, until a young brooding punk stepped off that bus in season 2. Then I was hooked, however it didn't take me long to lose interest once it was obvious he was gone for good.

Lastly I have not really watched the revival. I have only watched the Jess scenes, which I loved, but as everyone says it was not nearly enough. I will not bore you with more commentary on that. But I was bummed....highly bummed!

On a brighter note, it is blatantly obviously to me that ASP is setting our guys up for a happy ending. Having him have such a huge influence on her yet again, warmed my little heart. She trusts him now, which is huge, respects his opinion, and is comfortable enough, even after not seeing each other for years, to blurt out her life's woes after 2 minutes together.

Then the look....aaaggghhhhh! Well that was the saviour wasn't it? And just in case we are all a bit thick, we get Luke randomly questioning Jess about his feelings beforehand, just to ram home the implication.

So even though it was disappointing, and the amount of Logan was insufferable, I firmly believe that Rory and Jess will find their way back to each other. I just want to flipping see it. They have to do more. It has been an absolute winner for Netflix. They will want another slice of that pie.

This is getting too long now, but will rant about other things in future posts undoubtedly. To cheer us up a bit I will put a YouTube link up to a wonderful review. Of all the reviews on YouTube at least 95% are team Jess, as is most of the media stories. There is still so much love and passion for them out there. I love it!!
[YT][https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bojCVrtgfYw/YT]

Hope that works. I am never great at this stuff. Look forward to chatting, gushing, complaining etc.
Welcome to the thread, Litlover73!
I completely agree with what you said in your post!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Hummelchen .

Found this today.

Gilmore Girls' Milo Ventimiglia: Audiences Shouldn’t Get So Greedy for More Eps

Poor Milo. He must hate us for not being able to let it go. He only has himself to blame though .
At least he said he would come back if asked. I have no doubt about that.

The Alexis/Milo situation does worry me though. I am still quite heartbroken about that but I will leave inappropriate comments about that for another time.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Welcome!
Old 02-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Passionate Fan

welcome to the thread, Litlover73!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Thanks Hummelchen .

The Alexis/Milo situation does worry me though. I am still quite heartbroken about that but I will leave inappropriate comments about that for another time.
Welcome Litlover73. I'm glad you joined us.
Yes, Milo comments indicate he's a little uncomfortable in his role of Jess. But I am very glad that he is willing to come back to GG in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I'm still bothered by everything. Growth-wise, Jess is for sure one of the better poised characters on the show. But he was barely even treated. And emotionally, he got such a disservice, I'm still upset seeing him like that. The ending is just half of it. It's what we saw that bothers me most.
I understand your point.

Jess really gets Rory more than anyone else.
However, they are in such a different places at the moment.

Jess had to work hard to become a good person and to follow his passion in literature. On the other hand Rory is at the moment still a "Life and Death Brigade girl". She said goodbye to Finn, Colin and Logan. But her child will bring her closer to that circle again.
Could Jess and Rory offer each other anything? Aren't they too different at the moment? Why would he want to be with her?

ASP hinted that they would have been together once in the future. This probably means that Rory will become more responsible in the future.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Jess really gets Rory more than anyone else.
However, they are in such a different places at the moment.

Jess had to work hard to become a good person and to follow his passion in literature. On the other hand Rory is at the moment still a "Life and Death Brigade girl". She said goodbye to Finn, Colin and Logan. But her child will bring her closer to that circle again.
Could Jess and Rory offer each other anything? Aren't they too different at the moment? Why would he want to be with her?

ASP hinted that they would have been together once in the future. This probably means that Rory will become more responsible in the future.

Any thoughts?
I always have lots of thoughts . Also thanks for the welcome everyone.

I shall talk about Jess first. I refuse to believe that he has been rocking in the corner all these years pining for Rory. I would like to think that his feelings , which he buried after she hurt him yet again the last time they spoke in Philly, (still bitter about that mind you),have resurfaced after spending time with her again. He wouldn't give his heart away easily, and even though I am sure there has been other women in his life, he could never find a woman he loved like he did Rory. I think the only way Jess will be complete is if he and Rory are together, and if that means dealing with a child, I think he would deal with that.

Now Rory. What a goddam mess. Watching her in the revival was not what I signed up for. The only positive I see with the pregnancy is that it will shock her into being a decent human again. For me she has lost who she is, and there is only one person who can bring her back...Jess. He knows her, knows what she needs, and seems to be the only one to have the ability to get through to her. Which I love by the way.

I truly think once she gets her self sorted, it's not going to take much for them to fall in love again. They will reconnect over the book, which brings a smorgasbord of scene ideas to my little mind, and they will realise they can't live without each other. The end. Then we can all stop pestering Milo for more episodes and live happily ever after.

I also just want to share this clip with you all. I have seen a gazillion of them, but this is exceptional. It's like the song was written just for them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkov1xbDxd4
Old 02-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for sharing that video. Loved it.

Oh, and Welcome!
Old 02-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Rory and Jess were so perfect for each other.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread