Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Knit, People, Knit! - Discussion

Lorelai admits her concern that her old friends may not accept Christopher; Lorelai brings Christopher to the town's knit-a-thon, where his well-intentioned gesture ends the event early.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the thread, Roxy
Reshop Heda - Icon
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Shocker- but it's not toooo bad so far. (Only averted my eyes twice)

ETA: Aww, Luke needs a hug!

ETA 2:
Luke holding a baby... I think my ovaries just exploded!!

Last edited by Lolabelle26; 11-28-2006 at 06:50 PM
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, I really liked this episode, definitely the best of the season so far, well other than the first two episodes, it felt like old school GG, and I really enjoyed it

Ok, lets break it down

Good:

-loved the teaser, Emily is back the present they got for C/L was hysterical, I really enjoyed it
-the FND was ok, still love E/R, glad they’re back
-I think it’s great that Rory is moving back in with Paris/Doyle and ‘signing’ some kind of lease, good for her to get her own place, even if it’s not really her own place….
-Man do I love Luke, so cute. Glad that we get to see the diner again, and town events
-Love the fact that Babbette and Ms. Patty weren’t that welcoming towards Chris and C/L
-Glad to see Liz and TJ back, I missed her (not him though) and I always love her scenes with Luke and Big Brother!Luke is amazing
-and Lorelai married an ‘outsider’ and glad the town is upset about L/L and that sookie is still all for L/L and not really ok with C/L. I’m really glad that the town is so cautious around C/L
-Paris + Doyle + Hott in Herre + Dancing at the Party = Best. Thing. Ever.
-“Man-Date” love that they pretty much had nothing in common or to talk about, except vegetables and farming. It reminded me of the episode of Friends with Mike and Ross
-Good for Luke to want custody, good for him. Loved the whole Liz having a baby storyline, funny. Him holding “Dula” was adorable, I love Luke
-Loved the Knit-A-Thon, good to have townies and a town event. Kirk and Taylor and Gypsy is amazing, I missed her.
-I love Rory/Marty (their friendship), I didn’t like that he was hitting on her though or trying to make Rory jealous….
-GO LUKE!!!! Loved his talk with Anna, good for him. He deserves that, he’s her father.

Bad:

-so, C/L are acting all couply and cute, yay….
-Luke saw C/L, poor guy he can never catch a break….
-STOP WITH THE ‘BOYFRIEND’ BIT!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to slap her
-I’m really bothered by this new Marty (not by his look though, still ) where is the Marty I loved?
-Anna = b*tch, can’t believe she wants to move to New Mexico with April, I can’t believe all the crap that Luke is going through
-Yea, April can’t really act. liked the idea of the scene, but not her ‘breaking down’ scene itself….
-Christopher donated money to the cause. he doesn’t get it, just doesn’t get it. Definitly not a Stars Hollow type. Way to go….
-Aerie Girls still need to die
-Promo: awww, I can’t wait for next week, it looks great

Overall, I really liked this episode, probably my favorite of the season so far. I really liked it, a great and funny episode, hopefully we’ll get more like this over the next few weeks.
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

i can't wait for the fist fight
Icon by Christina
Freshgirlly908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Promo: awww, I can’t wait for next week, it looks great
come on! tell us what's on the promo.....
doogie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolabelle26 (View Post)
Shocker- but it's not toooo bad so far. (Only averted my eyes twice)

ETA: Aww, Luke needs a hug!

ETA 2:
Luke holding a baby... I think my ovaries just exploded!!
Ok, freaky mind meld going on, since I said the same thing in the Noddie thread

Oh Scott, you are too hot for words.

Dopey tries to buy people's love!? I can't even believe this! That's not like him!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I dob't think I've enjoyed an episode so much since 6.08. Honestly.
I'm really glad so much stuff I've wanted to see for a while have happened.
-Luke holding niece...
-Luke calling out Anna on her control freak-ness.
-E/R!!
-Sookie returns
-Paris
-SH crazy townie event
-of course, great Neshbe stuff - man-date(not for everyone, I know, but I enjoyed that)
-Marty, with the exception of the 'boyfriend' comments.

I just want to yell FINALLY!!!!!

I can't wait till next week!
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie911 (View Post)
come on! tell us what's on the promo.....
Spoiler:
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I had mixed feeling about this episode. Loved Luke finally got his kahonas back and stood upto Anna...bout time.

The acting SP did as Luke with niece...out of this world.

If I have to see another we're so solid as husband and wife kiss and smile....it's like there Stepford on dope...why oversell these two? It's annoying.

I loved the ending of last week's episode and the LL hospital scene..those felt like classic GG This week's episode...well it reminds me of all the ones written this season where LC and L by herself are over the top and way beyond caffeine buzz...it also just looked different...the filming...the feel...strange.

Knitathon ended Sad.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Extreme Fan

i think i missed some of the episode, i guess thats what i get from going from my tv to my computer. but of what i saw:

i liked the first scene , i liked that rory and marty started to talk again and that marty realized that he was being a jerk. the end when luke told anna off. i wanted to shout "go luke!"

i hate chris, he ruined the event by being so "i'm rich".
Old 11-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Anna had no right to treat Luke like that. I'm so happy that he finally told her how it was going to be.

The whole Marty and Rory thing really creeped me out. What is going on there? Paris and Doyle rocked. Chris needs to get a clue. I always love some Paris/Logan interaction.

That promo actually makes me excited for a GG ep again!

This episode rocked. I think GG is finally back on track. Or atleast it's getting there.

_Jmarit_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4815162342 (View Post)
i
i hate chris, he ruined the event by being so "i'm rich".

I have to say Mr. Money Bags is not to blame...he's used to thinking he can get what he wants with money...look at what he's done so far...and he's such a better man for it
Old 11-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

one of the best episodes of the season. Luke telling off the bitch was awesome. I am so glad I don't read spoilers because I had no idea he would. It was about time

I do think it is obvious that Marty is not over Rory. I don't want a love triangle. I like Rory having new friends

another, I didn't see anything overthetop about Lorelai and Chris kissing. It was a small kiss and it was just between them. It wasn't even in front of the townspeople. Marty purposely gave Lucy and overthetop kiss to show off to Rory

I do not see anything stepfordy about CL. Lorelai is who she is and Chris is who he is. She's not changing for him. She still talks the same and into her small town. Chris is trying to be different for Lorelai, but he is pretty much the same

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I watch GG with my mom and she walked out half way through the episode claiming she was too bored and I stuck it out and was completely underwhelmed. Despite this, there were some things I liked about tonight's episode.

What I liked:
Chris: I actually like his character, if only the writers had the ability to give depth to a male character who is not Luke. I thought his willingness to go on a man date with Jackson proved how committed he is to Lorelei and while his donation was misguided, he was trying to help out the women of Stars Hollow who kept complaining.
Logan: I liked the surprise scene with Logan and Rory. If only the writer's could give this storyline more than 30 seconds per show.
Luke/Anna Fight Scene: I don't like Luke, but this was a great scene.
Rory/Marty Confrontation:I liked how Rory confronted Marty. Adios to the passive agressive Rory....for now!

What I didn't like:
TJ/Luke: Don't care. Did not need to see this filler scene.
Marty's You're More Beautiful Than Ever Moment: Come on, get over it! That was so 2002-2003.

Overall, I really liked Chris and the C/L scenes that did not consist of Lor trying to change Chris. I wish Rory had actually gotten her own place instead of moving in with Paris and Doyle. She still does not have a place of her own. I detested how the townies suddenly hate Chris........Lor was an outsider too. I hope next week is more interesting.
SmashinglySweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread