Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2021, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Interesting to see the tally. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
aw, that set. I love when Sookie asks her if she can believe it and she says yea.
I loved that. Cause she knows the kind of guy Luke is.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

I love that Sookie was like us fans - she really never gave up hope on L/L. She was a friend and tried to be supportive of Lorelai when she was with Chris, but you know she wasn't or would nver be fully on board with it. She knew Lorelai was just rebounding. Not even making Chris her second choice - only a rebound. And she made Lorelai realise that.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Wow! That’s impressive how you were able to tally up all of their shared scenes in the show. I didn’t realize season 3 had so little scenes between them. That’s why season 5 is my favorite season of the series, hands down.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Wow! That’s impressive how you were able to tally up all of their shared scenes in the show. I didn’t realize season 3 had so little scenes between them. That’s why season 5 is my favorite season of the series, hands down.
Yeah, it was a task but it was a fun task! I'm not sure why there was such a dip in season 3, compared to seasons 1 and 2 which were almost the same.

What I also did, was noted how many times they both mentioned each other, or referenced each other or other characters spoke to each of them about the two of them (eg. Sookie talking to Lorelai about them both). They did this more in season 7 than in any other season - 25 times this happened that season, compared to all the other seasons when this was normally around 4-10 scenes.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Yeah, it was a task but it was a fun task! I'm not sure why there was such a dip in season 3, compared to seasons 1 and 2 which were almost the same.

What I also did, was noted how many times they both mentioned each other, or referenced each other or other characters spoke to each of them about the two of them (eg. Sookie talking to Lorelai about them both). They did this more in season 7 than in any other season - 25 times this happened that season, compared to all the other seasons when this was normally around 4-10 scenes.
That's cool. Sometimes, scenes with peripheral characters talking about them makes my heart melt just as much as their cutesy scenes together.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
That's cool. Sometimes, scenes with peripheral characters talking about them makes my heart melt just as much as their cutesy scenes together.
Same here! Like the character reference being read. Literally ICONIC.

I love that Max immediately thought Lorelai had been dating Luke and this came just after Rachel left Luke because she could tell he liked Lorelai. Literally everyone around them sees the "vibe" between them.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I love that Max immediately thought Lorelai had been dating Luke and this came just after Rachel left Luke because she could tell he liked Lorelai. Literally everyone around them sees the "vibe" between them.
Yep. It's so obvious.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

So obvious, yet Lorelai continually denies it.

I was just watching the episode from season 3, where Luke and Lorelai go to SH high school to give the talks on running successful business. The scene where Lorelai notices the photo of Luke (Butch) in his track gear cracks me up haha. But even as she teases him, as he goes to sit back down, he acts like he's annoyed, but he smiles. It's all kinds of adorable.

Also, I need a fic where Lorelai finds his letterman jacket she wears it. There has to be one put there that explores that.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

aw, yea. his smile is so cute in that scene.

I love that pic, he will always be around. her face when he says that is cute.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

I love when he leaves, after saying "I'll always be around" he leaves his toolbox behind. It's like a mic drop moment but his toolbox = the mic.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
So obvious, yet Lorelai continually denies it.

I was just watching the episode from season 3, where Luke and Lorelai go to SH high school to give the talks on running successful business. The scene where Lorelai notices the photo of Luke (Butch) in his track gear cracks me up haha. But even as she teases him, as he goes to sit back down, he acts like he's annoyed, but he smiles. It's all kinds of adorable.

Also, I need a fic where Lorelai finds his letterman jacket she wears it. There has to be one put there that explores that.
Yes!! That scene always makes me laugh and makes my heart melt seeing his smile knowing he enjoys all her teasing.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Haha they really had some hilarious moments in season 1.

their fake dating. I love both these moments.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Those were both funny moments.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

I love their over-the-counter diner kisses.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love ALL OF IT. All of their kisses, both of those fake dating moments, their flirty banter, their longing looks, Luke's grand gestures, everything!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top