Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2021, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

I know, it's such a cute little easter egg.

Looks shared between them over the seasons:
Old 03-13-2021, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Thanks! I made an edit yesterday which shows that the shirt Luke wears to ask Lorelai to Liz's wedding, is the same shirt he claims is his "most successful outfit." YES, INDEED IT IS, MR. DANES.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMRnD5Jg...d=7thjade3gkeh
I love all of these observations you've made! Your edits are AWESOME!
Old 03-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Thank you!

Another recent one I made. What could have been.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Those looks are wonderful.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I'm not a LUKE AND LORELAI HAVE TO HAVE A BABY TOGETHER fanatic but that's cute.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I mean I'm fine that they ended up not having kids. I take AYITL for what it is. But the way they spoke about having kids with the right person pre being together and then spoke about it when they were together.... not to mention Lorelai's dream in season 3...it just felt like that's the way it was going to go. And it never happened because season 7 did what it did and we never got a season 8. 😭
Old 03-15-2021, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Yeah, I mean I'm fine that they ended up not having kids. I take AYITL for what it is. But the way they spoke about having kids with the right person pre being together and then spoke about it when they were together.... not to mention Lorelai's dream in season 3...it just felt like that's the way it was going to go. And it never happened because season 7 did what it did and we never got a season 8. ������
I know, they built it up only to let everyone down story-wise, which was incredibly disappointing for most people.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

"Your grandfather has perfect taste in necklaces and earrings. It's very important to find a man who can pick out your jewelry."

Old 03-15-2021, 10:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

their looks make me melt.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean I'm fine that they ended up not having kids. I take AYITL for what it is. But the way they spoke about having kids with the right person pre being together and then spoke about it when they were together.... not to mention Lorelai's dream in season 3...it just felt like that's the way it was going to go. And it never happened because season 7 did what it did and we never got a season 8.
I feel the exact way. I would have loved to see them have kids but I'm okay with them not getting to.

love the last edit.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

In all honesty, I was more annoyed they weren't married by the time AYITL happened than them not having kids. I love we got to see their wedding in AYITL, but I feel like them waiting 9 years before getting married, was more unrealistic than them not having had any kids.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

He has excellent taste in jewelry for Lorelai.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
He has excellent taste in jewelry for Lorelai.
He really does. He just knows her so well.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
"Your grandfather has perfect taste in necklaces and earrings. It's very important to find a man who can pick out your jewelry."

Aww, I love this so much.

Quote:
In all honesty, I was more annoyed they weren't married by the time AYITL happened than them not having kids. I love we got to see their wedding in AYITL, but I feel like them waiting 9 years before getting married, was more unrealistic than them not having had any kids.
I totally agree with you on this. I thought it was so curious and puzzling that they weren't married before the revival. I'm grateful we were able to see them get married but I think it would've been better had they given us a flashback to their wedding or something but I feel ASP wanted that storyline of Lorelai going on her Wild journey to lead to the marriage.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, a flashback would have worked. I just wanted some explanation for why they didn't get married in those 9 years, why they waited. I've read a number of fics that try to explain this haha. Those help.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think it’s because Lorelai’s marriage to Chris didn’t work out so she had trepidation that it wouldn’t last if she married Luke and she had to face her fears in order to take the plunge. It’s a darn good thing Luke patiently waited for her to come to that conclusion.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread