Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2021, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I'm currently watching the episodes in season 5 when Luke and Lorelai break up. As painful as these are, I also love these episodes. Anyway, is there anything mentioned between these eps, until they get back together, how long they were apart for?
I was always under the impression it was a matter of weeks they weren’t together. It was enough time for Luke to go and buy a reggae CD. Which, btw, was a point of humor in the show but I felt it was in poor taste because I also happen to love reggae and Bob Marley and I haven’t adopted the whole Rastafarian culture, either.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it doesn't feel like it was more than just 2-3 weeks, maybe. So really not long at all. And yeah, I guess that was in poor taste, about the Reggie music. Honestly, there's a quite a few things said in poor taste on the show that wouldn't pass now a days. But that happens with almost every older TV show.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

I always thought it wasn't too long either.

their reunion kiss in that season is my favvve.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

It's one of my fave kisses of theirs too.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Yeah, it doesn't feel like it was more than just 2-3 weeks, maybe. So really not long at all. And yeah, I guess that was in poor taste, about the Reggie music. Honestly, there's a quite a few things said in poor taste on the show that wouldn't pass now a days. But that happens with almost every older TV show.
But those 2-3 weeks felt like FOREVER! It hurt like hell seeing them break up so soon after they had FINALLY gotten together. I've told this story on here many times but the first time I watched GG and had gotten that DVD (yes, I was renting the show on DVD from Netflix because streaming wasn't available back then) with those episodes, I stayed up until 4:30am to finish the disc because I HAD to see them reconcile before going to bed. When they went on that date, as awkward as it was at first, everything felt RIGHT in the world again.

I totally agree. There are comments in shows I love that I now cringe at looking back on them through a modern day lens but I still love those shows.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

That's so funny you say that about staying up until 4:30am watching those episodes, because I literally did the same thing! Only for me it was 7:45am. I was so hooked on what was happening, and I didn't read ahead for spoilers at that point (I had to by the time the end of season 6 rolled around) and I couldn't sleep knowing Luke and Lorelai weren't together. So I kept going. Thankfully it was only a few episodes, otherwise I might not have slept for like two days haha.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
I always thought it wasn't too long either.

I loved their reunion kiss so much!
I am an original”
Old 03-03-2021, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Love this:

Lorelai and Luke - first and and last

Old 03-03-2021, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I love that! Lorelai was right, once Luke was in her life, he was in her life FOREVER.

Quote:
That's so funny you say that about staying up until 4:30am watching those episodes, because I literally did the same thing! Only for me it was 7:45am. I was so hooked on what was happening, and I didn't read ahead for spoilers at that point (I had to by the time the end of season 6 rolled around) and I couldn't sleep knowing Luke and Lorelai weren't together. So I kept going. Thankfully it was only a few episodes, otherwise I might not have slept for like two days haha.
Hah! Nice. 7:45am, though?! Wow, that's some dedication right there. But I totally get that. My heart couldn't take seeing them apart. I'm not even going to talk about the heartache I felt watching season 6.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Aww, I love that! Lorelai was right, once Luke was in her life, he was in her life FOREVER.

Hah! Nice. 7:45am, though?! Wow, that's some dedication right there. But I totally get that. My heart couldn't take seeing them apart. I'm not even going to talk about the heartache I felt watching season 6.

I know, crazy. But I couldn't stop watching! I spoiled myself for pretty much all of season 7, before diving into it. Knowing that Lorelai and Chris would break up eventually (too much time focused on them *barf*) is what got me through those episodes.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

love the gifs.

I powered through S7 too, needed to get through the CL stuff as fast as I could.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
love the gifs.

I powered through S7 too, needed to get through the CL stuff as fast as I could.
On this watch, I'm skipping all their scenes. Besides the scene where they break up because Lauren is amazing in it and it's also satisfying to see it finally happen. Too much time was wasted on C/L in season 7, but if the writers were expecting a whole season after it to repair the damage to L/L, I kind of see why they did. From what I read, that was the case? But the show then unfortunately got canceled?
Old 03-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aw. Love the first and last.

Quote:
Yep. Same.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

the break up scene is well done and I was glad that Chris said he pushed her because he definitely did.

that would make sense, I think they did pretty good with the time they had.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
the break up scene is well done and I was glad that Chris said he pushed her because he definitely did.

that would make sense, I think they did pretty good with the time they had.
Yes, I watched that scene last night and it's one of the few times I actually thought Chris was okay. He admitted he pushed Lorelai and got her to admit she still loved Luke.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread