Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2016, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I loved seeing Lorelai be there for Luke.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The fact that Luke opened up to her speaks volumes about the depth of their relationship. He doesn't seem like the person who'd open up to anyone, he'd keep his cards close to his chest. So, to see that is almost more romantic to me than a kiss or hug between them.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree.

These two.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think that's why their relationship is so special to me. Other couples have this obvious passion for each other and we're constantly seeing them in bed with each other or making out, but with Luke and Lorelai it was always the gestures & banter between them that I dig so much. It's a passion borne out of friendship.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes exactly. The kisses are great, but I love the other stuff as well.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Aww, I just got to Luke's dark day episode. I really love this episode because it shows Lorelai being there for Luke and him opening up to her about it at the end...
I had an argument with an ex over that episode. She thought it showed how much Lorelai didn't pay attention to things that didn't involve her. How selfish she could be, that she never noticed his Dark Day before.

I thought it showed that, while she often played at being intrusive, and she was unfairly possessive of him at times, she pretty much was intrusive where he could see and actually stop her if he really wanted to. She didn't really go digging into his past or his private affairs, even if she "threatened" to or wanted to. She let him have his private life.

They're together, it blatantly affects her. So, she needs to ask around a bit more.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by t hedge coke (View Post)
I had an argument with an ex over that episode. She thought it showed how much Lorelai didn't pay attention to things that didn't involve her. How selfish she could be, that she never noticed his Dark Day before.

I thought it showed that, while she often played at being intrusive, and she was unfairly possessive of him at times, she pretty much was intrusive where he could see and actually stop her if he really wanted to. She didn't really go digging into his past or his private affairs, even if she "threatened" to or wanted to. She let him have his private life.

They're together, it blatantly affects her. So, she needs to ask around a bit more.
Oh, most definitely. She wasn't as involved before to notice his dark day. And it also has a little to do with how it was written. If it were actual real life, I'm sure she'd be aware of his dark day cuz he'd be away from the diner not serving her coffee, but she probably wouldn't feel it right to pry?

Anyway, it makes sense now that they're in a relationship to be there and support each other in times of need. And when you're intimately involved with someone, your senses are heightened over the other's wants/needs.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Luke isn't at the diner 24/7. He's run errands, goes to the bank, market, etc. He's even closed it to go fishing and have time for himself. The fact the Lorelai didn't notice Luke in the diner on the exact day of November 30th for 8 years, isn't at all surprising, imo.

What's surprising is that no one else in the town ever mentioned it to her. I mean, according to Miss Patty everyone knows! But they don't know why. But they knew Luke's father, so they should know that was when he died. It's a bit convoluted, but you just have to shake your head and say whatever!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucycat (View Post)
Luke isn't at the diner 24/7. He's run errands, goes to the bank, market, etc. He's even closed it to go fishing and have time for himself. The fact the Lorelai didn't notice Luke in the diner on the exact day of November 30th for 8 years, isn't at all surprising, imo.

What's surprising is that no one else in the town ever mentioned it to her. I mean, according to Miss Patty everyone knows! But they don't know why. But they knew Luke's father, so they should know that was when he died. It's a bit convoluted, but you just have to shake your head and say whatever!
No, I know he's not at the diner every moment of every day, but I'm sure the days he wasn't there she could've asked someone & they'd tell her it was his dark day. That's why I blame the writing because they didn't really set that story up and support it, especially in a town that small where gossip runs rampant. It's just another inconsistency which exists in the show and exists in other shows, you just have to go with it.

Last edited by Talula78; 08-31-2016 at 09:00 AM
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 AM
Loyal Fan

It was nice that Luke finally opened up and talked to Lorelai about his dark day. Hopefully her support helped him get through it in later years and it's not so bad for him.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
It was nice that Luke finally opened up and talked to Lorelai about his dark day. Hopefully her support helped him get through it in later years and it's not so bad for him.
Yes. I liked that they were always there for each other EVEN when they weren't together. They were always each other's support system, I love that about their relationship.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep Jen. Like Lorelai said, "Once Luke Danes is in your life, he is in your life forever."

Quote:
I hope that as well.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, her letter gave me so many feels! I loved hearing Lorelai acknowledge all the good in Luke and the support he had given her & Rory over the years. It's as if she needed to write that letter in the latter half of season 6 to remind her of all the good he's done and coax her to communicate her issues about his relationship with April and their wedding date!
Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah really.

I hope they communicate better in the revival.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ugh, I'm watching season 6 now & LL have such a push & pull relationship now, it's hard to watch. It's still really nice to see some of their moments, though. I loved Luke's apology when he keeps saying how stupid he is (not that he is, of course he's not stupid, that's just the way he reacts, albeit a bit slowly). He's such a sweet guy. Now, Lorelai not communicating to Luke how disappointed she is at postponing the wedding date, that's on her. And it's just gonna eat away at her. She HAS to be more understanding and willing to compromise with her partner in order to have a successful relationship, I hope she's done this in the revival. Obviously, they've been together for so long by now to have?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread