Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life ~ "Summer" ~ Thread #1

Please share your thoughts on the 3rd episode here.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

And Amy is still stuck in season 6........urg what a waste. Hopefully the episode gets better.
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LUKE AND LUKE'S! !!!!!

Ok now I'm officially pissed...........

Worst episode and I'm not even done yet.

Oh for heavens sake. ........

Last edited by Cappuccino; 11-25-2016 at 06:02 AM
Cappuccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

everyone is welcoming Rory back... 'she's not back'

April! YAY! she's still dorky but with Lorelai and rory! It's funny how grown up Vanessa Marano (April) looks like in real life and how they dorked her up
Pot legalisation!
I do love the domestic stuff in Gilmore house.
Ooh voice mails from Logan.
Oh rory/april stuff... april smoked pot..
Luke will pay for Germany trip... Lorelai wants to chip in but Luke won't let her. Luke and Lorelai seem to hit some touchy subjects when it comes to talking about certain things.

Rory talking to Logan! aww he's arranging outings...
Oh Odette is in town... and she moved in.. Rory has to go to a hotel. Rory is mad that he didn't tell her. I don't understand this arrangement.

Stars Hollow Gazette is shutting down... Enter Rory
haha she doesn't hang with the 30 something group.. Especially the pout after she said that

oh Michel wants to talk... Could he be really leaving the dragonfly??
meeting in a secret bar

I wonder when good stuff will happen for all the characters... so far no step forward for any of the characters.. or many happy moments...

I'm surprised by the amount of scotch in all the episodes.. What happens to the gin martinis?

I feel like I don't know Rory she's keeping Paul on a leash for >6 months now?
oh Lane is working at Kim's Antiques? Noooo....
Do love how the paper stuff is spreaded around town... 'These boots are made for walking' is playing

Hello doyle! he's writing for her?!
parents of the 30 something group
Emily in bed till noon? That's odd

I do wonder if Lorelai hardly talks with Emily that she kept with that promise in S7 finale.. of still going to FND... Since the funeral she doesn't seem to do it anymore

The musical song is funny though
though carried on a bit too long IMO..
Though Waterloo was a fun addition just when I thought (and Lorelai too) it had ended...

I'm glad Rory is keeping an eye on emily.

It's Jess! actually a nice surprise in this episode... It needed a fresh face..
Rory drinks so much... I think I see her drink scotch more then coffee...
She's broke (though she had plans to go to London and money for that? Makes no sense.. unless she's not paying)
Actually a good idea from Jess.... I like his character more then Rory sometimes, and I didn't like him that much in S6... Power to Milo He did a good job in this scene with Rory.

I do think I liked it better when Emily had different maids all the time....
Lorelai doesn't like Jack that sits with Emily. She thinks they're dating.
'You pimped out my mother?'

Emily's right, Lorelai and Luke don't talk (and they share way too little scenes in this one)
Lorelai isn't thrilled by Rory's book idea... and I do understand why lorelai didn't want it. Are they fighting now? I didn't expect that.
Lorelai is selfish sometimes or so Emily says but Rory is selfish too asking Lorelai to give her this...
oh no and now they fight... Luke and Lorelai.. they finally tell each other what they didn't tell before..

oh she accidentally called Logan... she gets upset and calls Logan?
Lane with Logan on the phone? that was not friendly
and they talk about them together...
'We can't break up because we're nothing'

I like the song about not being unbreakable the most out of all the songs.. it's at least about something.

Luke and Lorelai talk in the kitchen. 'I'm going away?' and gone for a while?
Luke is amazed she's going into the nature
Though they didn't talk about the fight that's a shame

funny how lorelai says never or now
Season 6 ended with her 'It's now or never' they changed that bit now

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

IDK, the L/R story just felt repeated to me. Like I feel like I’ve already watched this storyline but worse because now theres another woman involved. I mean, we had Rory feeling insignificant and “lost” in the later seasons of the show and now we are getting it again. And once again, Logan cheating on this woman was just gross, it was like Dean cheating on Lindsey. Icky.

The Michel plot was a bit sad but I think it was good for the show, it gave it a bit more substance and a “sad” sort of feel to it. Not everyone can stay in Stars Hollow forever.

“Are you doing this? Are you sicking the mountain man on me?”

Emily blowing off Rory was sad but I think they are doing a good job of showing her grief over the whole Richard thing.

WHEN JESS WALKED IN I ALMOST SCREAMED EVEN THOUGH IT WAS 4 AM YAYYYYYY. So it’s been 4 years since they’ve seen one another? BOO I don’t like that but I don’t even care, just seeing them together again was great. He definitely noticed something was off with her, he always does. And he was single I loved how he was encouraging her to write a book. And the little Jess/Luke scene was cute!!! THE HUG AND WHEN JESS THROUGH THE HAT. UGH I MISSED MILOS SEXY VOICE. I love that he inspired her.

Seeing LL fight was hard to watch but I think its realistic, and I am glad that they are finally hashing out their issues.

Rory/Logan really do have a strong bond and connection but I just see them as friends, nothing more.

Notes:
-Sutton Foster <3
-Another bunheads actress <3.
-The musical section was just a bit too long for my taste. lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Plus Rory was cheating on Paul too who she had plans of breaking up with in winter... That wasn't fair of her... I am not a huge fan of how RL are written despite me liking the scenes they had (because it's better then none) but to me it feels like Amy skipped everything from S7 RL wise

I do wish the show had more depth on many levels... Some things were never spoken of again... Like the therapist thing and such.. I mean if you fight, you also need to show you talk after a fight.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

The only salvation of this episode is the moment Jess went to the Gazette and the hug between Jess/Luke! AHHHH one of the well developed story arcs in Gilmore Girls Lord, Rory is my most hated character in the revival. Which is so weird because I've always looked up to Rory. She was like my ideal 16 year old girl. I wanted to be her. It's sad that she's dumbing herself down for Logan (Im not bashing Logan! Just how I see it) I mean, is this the girl that she wants to be?

Rory/Logan clearly have feelings for each other, STILL. Especially Rory, she's still pining over Logan - probably regretting saying No to his proposal.

Anyway, I feel so cheated. This is the first episode that Jess has a scene in it! And what it was only for a few minutes? I really want something good for Jess and Rory does not deserve the help that she's getting from Jess.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Jess saved this episode. This one wasnt good otherwise :\
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

A lot of things did feel sort of dropped in this.

LR was the most disappointing just due to repetition and regression. They obviously care for each other so why are they doing this? Again it would have been a lot better to just remain friends? Maybe they sleep together once and feelings are questioned but they decide they are better as friends. The proposal wasn't even mentioned or how they made up from.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Absolutely hated this episode. The worst of the 3 so far.

Seriously while the musical was funny at first... That scene lasted way way to long.

I did like all the Michelle and Lorelai stuff. It felt pretty natural. Sometimes you do have to move on even if you don't want to especially for money and for your family.

The Rory and Logan stuff is kind of sad to me. Im beginning to really think they love each other but maybe just are not good for each other. They seem to want more from each other than they can give but don't want to let go either. But seriously how are we heading into the last episode and Rory still hasn't broke up with Paul. I don't like that. It makes rory seem awful.

I was kind of hoping we'd start to see Lorelai and Emily starting to thaw. Instead we go in to the last episode with Lorelai pretty much in a bad spot with every person in her life. I'm not sure I like that.

I loved Jess being the one to steer Rory in the direction of writing the book. He always seems to be there and give her advice when she's at a low point. I assume because he knows what it's like to be at the bottom and he doesn't judge.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

My least favorite episode for sure.

I hated Logan. It's just selfish being engaged but still sleeping with somebody you used to love.

Why was April freaking out. She lied about the pot and Noam Chomsky? But was she afraid she wasn't living the life? Or what was going on?

I hated the whole musical segment. It served absolutely no purpose, except for the new song that was added to the end when Lorelai went in to listen.

Jess. I love Jess and Luke. Always have and their greeting was just the best.

Lorelai was really going through a rough patch. Not talking to Rory, still at odds with her mom, Michel leaving the Dragonfly, fighting with Luke. I can see why she would need a break.

So funny to see Luke fixing things when he is uncomfortable.

Oh, and who were the kids Lorelai and Rory had as slaves? Where did they come from and why did they serve the girls?

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah the musical. It was TOO long. I wish they gave some of the additional minutes for Jess because he only had scene in Summer?????? :/

for LR, i cant believe im saying this but why they cant be just together? they obviously care about each other.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i wasnt crazy about the musical number either and it was too long.

i loved all the jess scenes.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It was nice seeing April.

I was glad that Jess gave Rory the idea about the book. And I loved the hug with Luke.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Addicted Fan

This episode has kind of bored me But thanks to y'all, I knew to skip over the musical.
Steph26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

I do agree that this was the worst episode of them all. Totally filler and unnecessary.
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread