Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2018, 07:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I still haven't recovered from the pool scenes. And the Boy slaves. Though I do get (headcanon) that they are probably the boys who vandalized the floaty hut.

I don't like Luke and Lorelai 's dynamic. Somethings off. Sad even when it shouldn't be. Still not sharing lives. They really are Roommates with benefits. I know we are getting this through Lorelai's depression. But it hurt's when they aren't communicating.

Jess comes back after four years and is attentive for 9ish minutes and then leaves because he has stuff to do. And yes it's nice that he can tell something is wrong. One of Jess's strengths is that he's perceptive when things aren't directly affecting him. And of course this time it's not hard when Rory turns the picture around. I do like that Jess is basically paying it forward because writing a book was what helped him. But Rory should have been the one to come up with her book subject.

Milo is able to be Jess but more reserved. Which is nice.

Logan talks, listens and does things for Rory. He answers Rory's calls even when he shouldn't. He wants her happy. They do have a complicated relationship. Logan is pretty much Rory's bestfriend in the revival, they care about each other and are intimate in every way except they don't deal with the problems until they explode or there are consequences.

I liked the newspaper montage but the actual musical, while it had some interesting stuff if you dissect it, it was long. I wish we just got the beginning of the musical and the town meeting afterwards. Even though I felt that was part of what doesn't feel like the OS. I get that Lorelai was depressed but it dragged.

I don't quite feel Rory and Lorelai in the Graveyard. I rewatched s5.22 today. The revival version felt way less raw. The scene isn't as emotional charged as I needed. I want to feel the pain each is feeling. But I don't. I knew something was coming because Lorelai was just letting Rory be all year. That's not like her. For good or bad Lorelai gets involved in Rory's life. And Jess is usually used to be a catalyst to conflict. And the mother-daughter book was his idea. So I knew this would be the start of the fight.

I love the end with Rory accepting she's part of the 30something gang. The Logan stuff ending with him just down after Rory hangs up. And of course how Lane wants to protect Rory. And I love Lorelai's angst as she listens to the song. I don't like Lauren's delivering the news she's doing Wild-it's never it now.

But most of Summer doesn't feel authentic. A lot of important things happened and I have to force myself to rewatch. I just think Dan is hit or miss. I really want to see ASP write with a co-creative who understands drama and dramedy. There needs to be a better meshing of the comedy. Drama and character elements. Imo.

Last edited by huntzmore; 11-30-2018 at 07:51 AM Reason: Shouldn't comment using my phone.....
huntzmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah the fat shaming stuff goes too far

I was actually surprised re-watching Summer this time around that the musical wasn't actually that long (compared to another particular scene in Fall ) when I was checking how much time there was left on Netflix but I did skip the middle regardless (only watched the "working on buildings...working on buildings...Stars Hollow!" beginning and Waterloo ending)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Jess is about to appear...yes I am tearing up. Yes it's a bit sad but that's how it is. You know what I love about adult Jess. He not only listens to her, but he watches her, and he sees her. That's what is missing with Logan for me. She complains to him about things, but he is always busy getting dressed, or eating or worrying if Odette will overhear. He says what he thinks he needs to and what will make her feel better at the time.
you make a good point Susan

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 11-30-2018 at 01:21 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:19 AM
Passionate Fan

I totally agree with you Huntzmore about the Luke/Lorelai dynamic. It's just not working in this revival. I read a comment on Reddit I think it was which pointed out that Scott and Lauren don't really have a natural chemistry, but it was created with Amy's dialogue and banter and I totally agree with this. I am finding that the dialogue and banter between them so far in these episodes just isn't that funny or memorable. And I feel like Lauren is concentrating on what she has to say, rather than the actual delivery of the dialogue. To be honest I am enjoying Emily, Rory, and Paris much more than Lorelai.

Anyhow just finished Summer. Rory's sudden passion for this book makes me happy and of course I am thrilled it was at Jess's suggestion, but I do agree the subject of the book should have been Rory's idea. The show is supposed to be about strong independent women , yet we have Rory having Jess come along twice now to guide her back on track, her calling Logan out of a bad habit when she is down, and going along with Logan's plans, even when she is miserable about it, so he can have his heiress and his mistress too.

Anyway loved seeing Jess. Interesting that she was his very first port of call and that he is single. They could have easily had him attached when she asked about his personal life...but they didn't. Just sayin .
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Are you guys on Rory or Lorelai's side concerning the book?
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I can see both sides. Rory has finally found something she is passionate about, but I can see Lorelai's concern too. I probably wouldn't like being the subject of a book either.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I can see both sides. Rory has finally found something she is passionate about, but I can see Lorelai's concern too. I probably wouldn't like being the subject of a book either.
I agree. I’m glad Lorelai gave her (tentative?) approval in the end though.

I did enjoy the Waterloo ending to the musical.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting to see Summer because we barely get to see that. But who are these random ass kids that were being slaves for Rory and Lorelai???

It was cool to see April again and its weird that she is 22 lol. I also liked the Michel storyline in this one.

This Logan storyline is just so gross to me. If he didn’t have a fiancé it would be fine, they would be consenting adults but the affair is just the grossest thing. I really hate it. Im glad when Rory ended it at the end of the episode.

The secret bar was cute and very GG but it was very unrealistic lmao.

I do find LL a little awkward in the revival but TBH their relationship has never been smooth and easy. Its obvious they are very different people. So i dont mind the little fights and bickering type things because i think that is realistic for a couple. It is true that they have both been hiding stuff from each other, and they need to be honest with each other. I think it's good for Lorelai to get away.

Best part of the episode for me was by far the Jess moments. And no, its not because I like Milo and loved Rory/Jess back in the day. I’ve long since thought they were going to be endgame. But, its just obvious in their interactions how much they work together and how much they understand each other. I love that Jess has grown and him encouraging Rory was so sweet. They have this natural sort of soft energy in their scenes that imo is mostly due to the writing. Because I love Matt and Logan has a charm to him but it always has come off a bit smarmy with Rory, like something wasn’t quite right. Whereas, for me, with Jess, its felt more natural. I love that they just fell back into an easy banter and how Rory just unleashed all her troubles to Jess. Him encouraging her to write was sweet.

I skipped the musical… sorry but no. lmao. It was SO unnecessarily long! 10 minutes??? Lets be real. And then the whole discussion afterwards was so dull.

I liked this one better than Spring but less than Winter. I did like seeing Rory fully back in Stars Hollow and working at the paper again.

I have to admit, I am not liking the revival as much as I remembered liking it lol. It just feels very cheesey and a bit tacked on to me, it doesn’t feel as genuine or heartfelt as the show did for me. Its like they’re trying to make it funnier and less real…
Old 09-05-2022, 04:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I think Lorelai's loss of her dad and her generally feeling off because it affected every area in her life, including her relationship with Luke. But it's important to note that she is still happy, but there are problems that need to be fixed.

The Logan cheating is one of the worst parts about the revival. It makes sense for his character, but it's still so gross.

Jess and Jess/Rory were great. I love that it always comes back to Jess being the one to push Rory to get out of her bad place and get back on track with her life.
stellar_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Summer imo, is the worst episode of AYITL. I hated to see Luke and Lorelai keeping stuff from each other because they were so sweet and just very living their couple life in the previous two episodes.

Logan cheating is gross. I agree with you all there. There is literally no justifying that.

Jess was great. Loved to see how he's matured.

Last edited by onebreath; 09-06-2022 at 12:38 AM
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Summer also had the ridiculous musical which would have been fine for a 5 minute scene, but it takes up 20 minutes. That was too much.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still liked it better than Spring because I didnt love in Spring how most of the episode revolved around Rory's job and a lot of it wasn't even in Stars Hollow. Besides the musical stuff and Logan stuff, I didnt mind Summer. But it wasn't as strong as winter for me.

I am excited to rewatch Fall, but it might be another week or two. But I will FINALLY be done! Yay!
Old 09-06-2022, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Winter and Fall are definitely the better episodes of the four.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree.
Old 09-11-2022, 02:06 AM
Master Fan

For me they had the best moments. I hate the life and death brigade stuff in Fall, but I just skip it.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
For me they had the best moments. I hate the life and death brigade stuff in Fall, but I just skip it.
I skip that scene too.
Reply   Post New Thread