Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2016, 01:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Didn't hate this ep, but, much like the previous one, it was a bit depressing. Winter was my favorite so far.

- Loved April (“Lawyers are fascists!â€) and her dinner with Rory and LL.

- The writers are continuing with the Chomsky love. I was wondering if they were gonna move onto Zizek in the revival (he more famous nowadays?), but they’re loyal.

- Loved the secret bar thing for some reason. Maybe it’s because Lane and Zach play there or because it’s funny they’re hiding an entire bar from Taylor.

- Michel leaving is sad but very well-written.

- Lol, the musical. We suffered almost as much as Lorelai. Love the consistency with Taylor. In that town museum ep back in s5 (I think) he was anti-hippies. Here he’s anti-Occupy.

- Good seeing Jess back. And he seems to still have it together.

- I like the book idea but I see why Lorelai has issues with it.

- LL are at a frustrating place again.

- RL are at an even more frustrating place. I don’t get why Logan can’t just break up with his fiancee and then RL can figure out if they want to be together and, if yes, in what capacity.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

I definitely shared Lorelai's pain during that musical number. It was horrific in my opinion. I really wish ASP didn't give her Bunhead actors so much screen time (throughout the whole revival, I counted 4). It was such a waste of what I consider to be precious screen time.

Milo saved this episode with his beautiful face.

I was kind of sad that Luke and Lorelai weren't going camping together. And that they were having the same fights over and over again. I wanted nothing but happiness through this.

I too, understand Lorelai's reasoning for not wanting Rory to write a book on her life. I think she should've asked her opinion prior to the whole "this is what I'm doing" approach.
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

Jess really did seem to have it all together. He was even at a place to lend Rory money. I wonder if he'll publish Rory's book.

The secret bar was so Stars Hollow.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
♥
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
The secret bar was so Stars Hollow.
Yes, I loved that!
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, and who were the kids Lorelai and Rory had as slaves? Where did they come from and why did they serve the girls?
OMG I THOUGHT THIS TOO.

I agree about Lorelai being at odds with everyone too, I didnt like that much.

Quote:
And that they were having the same fights over and over again. I wanted nothing but happiness through this.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, and who were the kids Lorelai and Rory had as slaves? Where did they come from and why did they serve the girls?
OMG I THOUGHT THIS TOO.

I agree about Lorelai being at odds with everyone too, I didnt like that much.

Quote:
And that they were having the same fights over and over again. I wanted nothing but happiness through this.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Despite Jess suggesting it, which is really smart of him!

I didn't like that he just handed the idea to Rory of what to do... A book and it should be about Lorelai and Rory and their story. I mean it's a good idea but I would have liked it better if the idea of the book would be thought of by Rory herself.
Now it's just handed to her the idea and it works.. but what will she do after this book? If she wants to publish books she needs to give herself ideas and not live on ideas presented by others...

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Passionate Fan

I know. Love seeing Jess back. I know i'm biased but it really is good to know that he is in a good place and successful! Too bad he only had a few scenes.

I also didn't like how Rory keeps on denying that "she's back" in Stars Hollow. As if living in Stars Hollow is kind of a downgrade.

Her taking over the Gazette was a very Rory move and I love how old school the newspaper is, it's funny
Old 11-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
I didn't like that he just handed the idea to Rory of what to do... A book and it should be about Lorelai and Rory and their story. I mean it's a good idea but I would have liked it better if the idea of the book would be thought of by Rory herself.
Now it's just handed to her the idea and it works.. but what will she do after this book? If she wants to publish books she needs to give herself ideas and not live on ideas presented by others...
I do agree that the whole thing would've had more meaning had Rory come up with the general concept/storyline after Jess gave her the idea to write a book. Because of how personal her story is (well Lorelai's) it really should've come from her completely.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Passionate Fan

If ever that book sells, Jess should have a portion of sales on that book. Kidding
Old 11-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I do agree that the whole thing would've had more meaning had Rory come up with the general concept/storyline after Jess gave her the idea to write a book. Because of how personal her story is (well Lorelai's) it really should've come from her completely.
Yeah I like that he made her think about other possibilities, like a book.. and he could have even suggested genres, fiction or non-fiction.. Though from that point on, she should have gotten the idea

Old 11-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
Yeah I like that he made her think about other possibilities, like a book.. and he could have even suggested genres, fiction or non-fiction.. Though from that point on, she should have gotten the idea
I agree completely.

Something so personal really should've come directly and completely from her.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure what to think of this episode. Too much drama.

The whole Musical part was way to long and a bit boring. And I was disappointed that Kirk didn't play the guys part

It's great Rory got a job, even it's non paid. But the Stars Hollow Gazette needed to be saved. And I also like Jess' idea about the book. They both have so much to tell and even Lorelai didn't like the idea, I think Rory should do it.
And she should finally should break up with that poor guy Paul And speaking of break-ups. Let go of Logan, too.

Jess' appearance was way to short, I hope we will see him again. Seems he always is the guy who pushes Rory back to the right path.

And Lorelai is on a self-discorvery trip now, wonder how that turns out. I hope she will find what she is looking for. I don't know what is going on with her and Luke right now, it sounds like midlife-crisis.

And speaking of midlife-crisis, I hope Michel will stay...

Oh and I loved the "she is back" and the thirtysomethings running gags. And the scret bar is so cool

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kirk playing in the musical would be good, he's done it before

the play was useless to me.. Too much focus on characters we didn't know from the show
Sometimes I felt like there were too many characters thrown in there for fun (like Lauren's parenthood co-stars) but I would have rather seen more focus on characters we knew
I'm not sure if it was necessary for Lorelai to go on that outing trip alone.. All those scenes with those other people we didn't know. i didn't care much for those scenes.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think the trip itself was a good idea (and I didn't mind the moments where she was talking to the park rangers (i.e. Parenthood co-stars) but the stuff with the other woman could've been skipped. I would've like for her to actually go on the trip, or do some of it, have the epiphany and come back before she planned to finish it.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Reply   Post New Thread