Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 04:04 AM
Passionate Fan

They could have easily written Jess into more scenes because half his family lives there...Luke, his mother, his sister. He has more family in Stars Hollow than Rory does so it would be perfectly normal for him to show up.

I just would have appreciated one more scene between Jess and Rory. In that scene at the house I would have loved to see Rory sit out with him on that verandah, give Jess her chapters and ask him to read them, and actually give him a simple 'thank you for inspiring me at a time I needed it the most' speech. We never saw it in season 6 and we didn't see it now, and that bugs me.

It also would have been fun to have Jess and Dean have a small moment too, for old times sake. Not sure how they could have worked that in though.

And like many have said before, Jess should have been at the wedding standing beside Luke. That would have been a perfect display of just how far these two guys have come in their relationship. Milo said in the Gilmore Guys podcast that he hadn't worked much at all in the past 12 months, he had already filmed the TIU pilot and the show had not been picked up yet so I never felt it was an availability issue...but what do I know...maybe it was.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
There would be some people that love it...and the musical, however from the reviews I have read and listened to, a significant amount of people would have preferred more screen time for characters like Lane, Sookie, and Jess.
That “some people” would be me. I’m a huge Sutton fan so it was nice to see her in the Stars Hollow musical. It went a bit long, but I know ASP wanted to showcase Sutton’s immense talent so I get why she did it and it was a way to show what Lorelai was going through as huntzmore has said. I’m also a big RL shipper so I happened to enjoy the hell out of the LDB scenes, especially that touching farewell scene. I understand if you’re a RJ shipper that you’d skip over the RL stuff, that’s fine, but please try not to make us feel bad for shipping that couple.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jess isn't the type to hang with his family just to hang. AYITL already used Jess's family in trouble as reason for him being there in summer.

Rory is a lead of the show and a large chunk of her scenes weren't in Stars Hollow anyway. Scenes outside of Stars Hollow of Jess weren't going to happen with him as just a guest Star.

Jess should have been at the wedding but as is, it would have been a minute extra screen time. You can't have Jess in a scene after the look and him leaving. The purpose of the Look is left for Fans to question and wonder about; Discuss and fight over. That scene probably would have happened after the big ceremony if plans weren't changed

And Amy probably didn't even think of a Dean and Jess scene. I get Jess being at the wedding and nice to Dean would have been good for his fans to see but what story purpose for now?
huntzmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't mean to make people bad for shipping RL Jen, it was the running amuck in Stars Hollow, buying up places, the dance sequences etc that I just can't be bothered with. I appreciated that it was a farewell between Rory and Logan and that it needed to happen in a significant Logan-esque way. I just don't feel the Life and Death Brigade were significant enough in the OS to warrant so much time and money being spent on their appearance, and I am not alone.

Anyhow I am glad you ladies loved it.

As for Jess, I would like to think that he would be protective of his sister and visit her regularly, especially knowing what kind of mother Liz was with him, even though her circumstances have improved. My imagination does tend to run wild though...too much fan fiction.

Last edited by Litlover73; 12-08-2018 at 07:01 PM
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the lbd it was beautiful. I agree that the musical and some other scenes should have been condensed. Plus Logan's friends and the lbd is often a big part of Rory and Logan fanfiction.
I like Luke and Jess just the rj scenes after brace bridge dinnner bother me so does the Rory Dean Jess triangle and that's more towards the storyline it's not so much Dean or Jess fault

There were other scenes they could have cut to have room for the wedding like the celebrity chefs or to have a lesser known actress play the eccentric writer Rory was writing the story for

Last edited by fox24; 12-09-2018 at 10:10 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I like Luke and Jess just the rj scenes after brace bridge dinnner bother me so does the Rory Dean Jess triangle and that's more towards the storyline it's not so much Dean or Jess fault
How was it really that terrible? They were all children, Dean was her first boyfriend, she felt an attraction for someone she had more in common with and was more exciting. It happens in high school. She did the wrong thing by Dean but she was trying not to hurt him for as long as she could, even though it backfired spectacularly. She had a conscience about it and she ended up feeling the ramifications.

But we have in the revival a 32 year old Rory, knowingly and willingly cheating , with 2 innocent parties having no idea, and she has no remorse or conscience about it. She in fact has contempt for Odette for moving in with her fiancée.

I really don't want this to be a team Jess/Logan debate, but I am just really interested in how people can be so angry about the teen Jess/Dean triangle and their mistakes in their first relationships, yet will happily accept the revival adult carry on as romantic.

Last edited by Litlover73; 12-10-2018 at 12:47 AM
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all I have met many lits who were not fans of the love triangle. They felt it dragged to long plus I don't like the way Rory strung out Dean or the way she yelled at Shane. I also feel Dean had a personality change in s2.

As for Rory and Logan I have been very critical of the way they were portrayed in the revival. My love for them is from original series and have been shipping them for years. I still felt their love and chemistry
Old 12-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I have no problem with people who like them, just because they enjoy watching them together. Jess could have been an 'actual bad boy' and I still would have loved watching them on screen together.

Dean should have been history after they broke up, but he continued to be a boring annoyance. I guess Rory yelling at them at the dance marathon was her at her wits end with the entire situation and she finally lets it get to her. I thought all 3 of them were fantastic in that scene.

So how do you think Amy would have played this season if it did follow directly on? I would like to think that she would have not made Rory a cheater as well as Logan, but this was the era of Amy trying to get Rory off course as much as possible.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she would had their long distance relationship in London get to much and rl would have broken up. I think that was what asp thinks in her mind happens to rl and how they reunited in the revival. I don't think the proposal exist to her

Luke and lorelai I am more neutral I do think lorelai and Chris would date like Rd in s5 but then break up ll would then back together
Old 12-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it was wrong that Rory led Dean on when she was obviously so into Jess at that point and she was overly hostile to Shane at times even if those scenes were funny

agreed that Dean well overstayed his welcome on the show especially with him dating Rory again at the beginning of S5 *yikes*

but I agree with Susan that they were kids and making mistakes is part of learning and growing up whereas in the revival the cheating is so much more problematic
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't find the scenes with shane but humor is subjective. I really wish shane had caused her out.

Let's move on from the beginning of s3. I thought the revival Rd scene was sweet and I don't feel he needed one with jess
Old 12-11-2018, 04:12 AM
Passionate Fan

A favourite Fall moment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrO2Os_A0Ct/

Old 12-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I enjoyed that.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I don't mean to make people bad for shipping RL Jen, it was the running amuck in Stars Hollow, buying up places, the dance sequences etc that I just can't be bothered with. I appreciated that it was a farewell between Rory and Logan and that it needed to happen in a significant Logan-esque way. I just don't feel the Life and Death Brigade were significant enough in the OS to warrant so much time and money being spent on their appearance, and I am not alone.

Anyhow I am glad you ladies loved it.
It’s all good and I can understand that some people would be annoyed by the LDB & their antics. I happened to appreciate the Across the Universe nod & enjoyed the whimsy of it all and the lengths they went to to put a smile on Rory’s face, despite how excessive and outlandish it was. Anyhoo, carry on.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I guess it would be boring if we all agreed.
Reply   Post New Thread