Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2016, 11:39 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
Like mother like daughter Lorelai needed some time to figure out what Luke meant to her and well Luke pined for her and waited for her to finally "see" him......Jess's look through the window kinda reminded me of that. He is gonna be there for her and support her and help her raise the kid and then She can see his face
So, what, like, 10 more years of pining for Jess? In which he'll keep having "nothing steady" in his life while always comparing other girls to Rory? That's horrible. Also, s rootless Rory could've packed her already packed bags and join Jess in Philly. Now, what is she going to do, pack up her kid and move to Philly? Or will Jess give up his press and move back to Stars Hollow? This ending gets worse everytime I think about it.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry but if Jess is into Rory he should have made a move. We can't blame her for not being with him if she doesn't know how he feels. No one is the victim here, Rory made a bad decision about Logan, but that has nothing to do with Jess. I know fans are disappointed but lets not blame only one side.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:45 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)
I'm sorry but if Jess is into Rory he should have made a move. We can't blame her for not being with him if she doesn't know how he feels. No one is the victim here, Rory made a bad decision about Logan, but that has nothing to do with Jess. I know fans are disappointed but lets not blame only one side.
Jess made more than one move in the past and has always gotten rejected. She broke his heart, he would be stupid to go in just to have his heart broken again. This time, it should've come from Rory. But in this storyline, Rory still has feelings for Logan - which is okay, if they could've followed through with it and be together. But we've ended up with them not together, and with Jess pining over a girl who always takes his advice about how to sort her life up, but fails to give him a second look when it comes to something more. He was right not to make a move, but it's very sad to see him stuck in place.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rory still has feelings for Logan - which is okay, if they could've followed through with it and be together.
If ASP wrote a decent thing they'd have, no doubt.

Quote:
He is gonna be there for her and support her and help her raise the kid and then
Except GG already happened and we don't need to see a reboot of the sl. It's trite and they could be more original about it.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:59 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
If ASP wrote a decent thing they'd have, no doubt.

Except GG already happened and we don't need to see a reboot of the sl. It's trite and they could be more original about it.
But she didn't, and they haven't, and they weren't.

There are a lot of "ifs" here but the story was written to say that Logan and Rory will not be together at the moment because Logan has other expectations to fill, and Rory will do a "reboot of the sl" because that was Amy's vision for her since seaon 1.

It's as if I said "If Amy wrote the scenes differently, Jess and Rory would totally be together! No. She wrote what she wrote the way she wrote it, for a reason. And we're all bummed by it.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
But she didn't, and they haven't, and they weren't.

There are a lot of "ifs" here but the story was written to say that Logan and Rory will not be together at the moment because Logan has other expectations to fill, and Rory will do a "reboot of the sl" because that was Amy's vision for her since seaon 1.

It's as if I said "If Amy wrote the scenes differently, Jess and Rory would totally be together! No. She wrote what she wrote the way she wrote it, for a reason. And we're all bummed by it.
My issue is that she wrote herself in a box because she is stubborn and ignored what's actually canon and that pisses me off. She didn't want Logan and Rory to end up together? That's okay but don't throw away the characters' growth to do so. That's what irks me.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
So, what, like, 10 more years of pining for Jess? In which he'll keep having "nothing steady" in his life while always comparing other girls to Rory? That's horrible. Also, s rootless Rory could've packed her already packed bags and join Jess in Philly. Now, what is she going to do, pack up her kid and move to Philly? Or will Jess give up his press and move back to Stars Hollow? This ending gets worse everytime I think about it.
Well who knows what is already happening behind the scenes If they're going for more installments. I mean Netflix called it season 1 for a reason.
I don't like it either. We had that storyline with Lorelai and Luke already and I honestly don't want to see the same thing with Rory. I do want(ed) her to end up with Jess but now if the kid's Logans.....no thank you.

I'm already mad about L&L having kids with others but not with each other although they already agreed on kids would be good and now all of a sudden: oh I thought you didn't want kids otherwise you would have said something.....oh I did back in the days.....remember the boy from the baseball game.......

Last edited by Cappuccino; 11-25-2016 at 01:14 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean Netflix called it season 1 for a reason.
It's standard for Netflix
If we really had to have another season, god save us (and also I'd want to see something different from what we've already seen on GG).
Old 11-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

I'm soooooo confused!!!!!

Are they going to surprise us and release one more episode, because that wasn't an ending?!

Also, I thought the final words was supposed to be four instead of three?
Old 11-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie (View Post)
I'm soooooo confused!!!!!

Are they going to surprise us and release one more episode, because that wasn't an ending?!

Also, I thought the final words was supposed to be four instead of three?
They are 4.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They are 4.
Oh I thought it was three, guess I'll watch again
Old 11-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie (View Post)
Oh I thought it was three, guess I'll watch again
Spoiler:
Old 11-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 11-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

How much do you wanna bet if Amy had gotten her way back in the days and she would have ended the show, those words would have been Lorelai's and not Rory's.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
How much do you wanna bet if Amy had gotten her way back in the days and she would have ended the show, those words would have been Lorelai's and not Rory's.
Spoiler: