Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life ~ "Fall" ~ Thread #1

Please share your thoughts on the 4th and final episode here.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

God I'm really dreading this one now.

Spoiler:
Old 11-25-2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jess is amazing, I love him and even though hes not in the revival as much as I hoped hes still awesome. His sense of humor is just amazing and I loved when he was talking to Luke about what was going on with him. AND UNPLUGGING THE ROUTER I LOVE HIM.

“Okay, I really don’t like you using the word ‘Oops’.

The LBD scenes were cute. But again, it felt like rehashing old scenes. Thank god it was just a key that Logan gave her and not a ring. The kiss did feel like a goodbye but it certainly did not feel like closure to me though. IDK, it was kind of weird and not what I was expecting from the reviews.

I loved when Lorelai called Emily and told her the story about Richard, that was a really cute full circle moment. I love when shows do that. That was the one part of the whole revival that actually made me teary.

I almost teared up again at Luke when he gave her that big speech. It was so sweet. And Lorelai saying they should get married was so simple and so cute. AHHHHHHH I was so happy. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY FINALLY. I said WAY BACK WHEN that they would get married in the revival and people said I was crazy, that they’d already be married but I had a feeling it would happen that way.

Loved when Emily relished in being alone. That was a great moment. Also her outburst with the DRA. Long time coming. Wanting to move was good for her. I think its a good change in her life.

The little flashbacks to the gang in the gilmore house was cute. When we saw Richard at the desk that almost made me cry again. I love that Rory sat down to write there.

“Now, your name is Molly… why?”

OMG the book being called “The Gilmore Girls” was so cuteeeeee. Ahh this is a perfect finale. So much better than the actual finale. I’m so thankful for this show. And I’m so glad this show came back.

Christopher! I was glad to see him. Talk of Gigi was nice. I was really glad when Rory brought up the fact that Lorelai raised Rory alone. It was a bit of an awkward scene though. I wonder why the actor agreed to come back because they didnt really paint Chris in a great light. Not that he deserved it, he wasn’t around in Rory’s life but it seems like something that could have been touched on more. But at least they acknowledged it? IDK, it was a bit strange to me.

Emily giving Lorelai a contingency on the money was awesome, totally brought it back to the first season and the friday night dinners. Absolutely loved that. Emily getting the right sized photograph was great too.

DEANNNN. OMG I LOVE JARED. I was so happy to see him too. Dean you are sexy. I love that he was married with kids.

“She was young. He’s her first love…it’ll probably…”

SUCH A GREAT LINE!!! And Rory going on about what a great boyfriend he was was REALLY REALLY sweet. I hope the Dean/Rory fans can find some happiness in that because it was a great scene!

SOOKIE COMING IN AT THE END! It was great to see her again. At the end when she was smelling all the different scents that was awesome.

“What happened to knocking Kirk?”
“Yeah what if we were naked?”

LMAO!

As a Rory/Jess fan, I had very low expectations when it came to this whole thing and I figured Rory would end up being single and I am actually fine with it. I personally feel like L/R got some closure, D/R never really had any sort of potential to begin with, and Jess was the one to encourage Rory to write the book and was the last guy to share a scene with her so that’s good enough for me. In my eyes, that’s a win.

“Just a thing between us.”
...“So then you’re over that right?”
“Yup. Long over that.”

THEN HE STARES LONGINGLY AT RORYYYYYYY. SFSDFDSFSDSD.

THIS WAS AMAZING TO ME BECAUSE IT WAS A HUGE HINT THAT HE WAS STILL INTO HER. OMG. I am super upset that they didn’t get MORE scenes but I can be content with that last moment, I truly can.

The only thing I absolutely hated was the ending and the last 4 words. THATS what Amy always wanted to write? Really? GROSS GROSS GROSS. NOOOO I dont want an RL baby at all. UGHHHH. I am so freaking annoyed about this. I was really praying and hoping it would be something more final. Those last 4 words really ruined the entire revival for me, not gonna lie.

extra notes:
-OMG JASON RITTER! Love all the cameos in this. The other guy from Parenthood was there too. But I coulda done without Lorelai on this weird “Wild” hike lol.
-Lorelai suggesting to drop THE was AMAZING!

My favorite episode was obviously Fall. Just so many goodies and so many surprises. I loved all the cute little moments. But the very beginning half bored me just slightly but loved the RJ stuff. The ending sucked though. Next favorite was Winter. I loved the snow and just seeing everyone back. I was smiling through that whole episode. My next favorite was Summer. I Loved the summer feel in Stars Hollow and I liked the storyline with Rory writing for the gazette and I really loved seeing Jess back. It felt very GG to me. <3. The play stuff dragged a bit though… Spring was my least favorite, I didn’t enjoy the plot as much and Lor/R in New York felt a bit strange.

Things that frustrated me:
-A bit too much Logan for my taste in general that felt like repeated scenes. And LR having a “thing” in the first place. Been there, done that. And the ending… NOOOOOOO.
-Not enough Jess! I was really expecting him to be in more scenes. He was only in 3. Also wanted more feelings from Rory’s end.
-No explanation for WHY LL weren’t married before. They talked about it yes but they never explained things… Lorelai was so upset about that topic back in season 6 so it feels a bit OOC that she didn’t want to get married eventually. For her to brush it off to the therapist that she didnt want to be like her mom, that felt weird. Dont get me wrong I love that they got married in the revival but I just wish there had been an explanation before that.
-Lorelai/Emily being such at odds over Luke, it just felt petty to me, I was hoping Emily would be fine with Lorelai and her life at this point.

But all in all I was very satisfied! It was pretty much almost perfect for me and one of the best “finales” I’ve ever watched (minus the horrible end). It’s great to have these episodes and especially for LL it really feels like closure after how they were in season 7, I’m so happy for their fans. And it was great to get more episodes written by Amy. I loved seeing all the old locations and seeing similarities to the original shows and throwbacks to specific scenes. Loved the little jokes they scattered throughout. I loved all the old characters returning, it just made things so much better. They balanced everyone really well imo. The plots for the four episodes were really well done too and felt finished. It just makes me happy getting these episodes. Is it bad that I am sort of hoping for more? LOL. Though I will not be greedy.

Honestly the last 4 words were the worst part of the whole thing for me because it left it open ended, it didnt make it feel closed to me which is what I was hoping for. Literally anything else would have been better in my eyes. "Wanna get some coffee?" in a joking way WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lorelai with a backpack in a motel.. I still can't believe she's going away alone..
the fight with the backpack is cool though

haha cute hat on Lorelai
hey it's that parenthood guy right? who was also in that show with Alexis? Forgot his name

Jess at Luke's... I thought we would get it in summer since he was already in SH
Just realised we haven't even seen Luke's apartment above the diner. I know he doesn't live there but it was always a part of GG world.
I love the conversation between Luke and Jess.. haha Jess pulled out the wifi

Hike conversations around a campfire.... Lorelai feels like nothing is happening...
rory in town at night... its creepy
Esther says In Omnia Paratus... Cool1
LDB event, i was waiting for this!Gorilla masks... and Logan is there too!! and Rory runs
LOL watching the Kirk film!
and the tango bit!! Rory and Logan dance!! Rory must know that she's Logan weak spot.
"It was my turn to walk Finn"
they finally talk.. but they don't talk enough.. I wanna know more.. and why the key?
How does he know about the book and lorelai and rory not talking? I thought they didn't talk since that last convo?
oh he's marrying Odette because it's the dynasty plan? (Where is the story from S7?)
Finn talking to an animal on the wall

half naked Matt... not complaining though it's a sad scene, they both don't look happy
Finn: No one is naked yet
This is goodbye for Rory and Logan?

Lorelai calling Emily...
Great scene but perhaps even better if they were in the same room?
It was a great memory of Richard

Luke talking with Paul Anka.. cute and Lorelai is back home
I love Luke's rant
"This right here is all I want"
He wants to give a lot... and she says 'I think we should get married' she already arranged the wedding... So we are really getting one?
'The only way to get rid of me is in a body bag' 'Now we don't have to write our vows'

Rory is going to write from her grandparents' house.
I'm glad they are showing Edward this way... Nice memories

Lorelai checking out a house
paul anka snuggling to Luke
wow rory and lorelai not saying 1 word in that kitchen... and then they hug.
and she wrote the first three chapters of her book..

Emiy says bull**** wow Emily is going all out at the trophy wife

haha miss Celine! and kiefer Sutherland and Lorelai's freaky dance!
Oh rory and Christopher! Nice! I wondered where he'd be... Chris has a new girlfriend.
and I like that Rory and Chris talk about why he let Lorelai raise Rory by herself

Emily is selling the house. I thought that something like that might happen and moving to Nantucket.
Lorelai is asking for money .. wow... didn't think she'd do that ever again.

hey it's Dean! awww he has kids and married. I'm happy for him
and it's Sookie!! Awesome scene

It's funny to see how Emily warms up to her maid and even takes ccare of her... Never thought that day would come and she works at the museum!?

hey another Jess scene... Cool! weird to see him at the gilmore house but nice scene!
Bit of an odd scene that rory comes out and screams '3 chapters' but oh well...

aww the piggy and paul anka

love the wedding stuff... and the dancing together!!
and Michel is there, and lane ... I wish emily was there too though

the last 4 words: OMG!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love and hate all in one here

Man that was a frustrating ride. They wasted way too much time on boring stuff. The musical was too long. Lorelai's "hiking" trip....... seriously I LOVE her babbling and all but come on we have things to accomplish here !!!!!! Rory and Logan are SOOOOOOO freaking boring and I never got into the life and death brigade stuff.

And then finally the show gave me all those feels again. Sookie was back, Luke ranting in the kitchen, they were getting their sh$t togethere (oh well not really but what else is new with them ), Michel and Sookie and the Dragonfly.................oh man that was my show again and then

oh god that was so PERFECT. My javajunkie heart stopped beating for a second there. THE MOMENT

The last 4 words So much fuss about it and I'm still about it.

So anybody else right up there with Luke not believing Jess and his: It's just a work thing. Yeah sure buddy

Winter and Fall are worth it but the other two episodes.......meh. They could have done better.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Loyal Fan

I hated the ending. It taints the whole thing for me.
And this was supposed to be the original ending? Really? With Rory jobless and pregnant and stuck in SH? Really, Amy? ...yikes
Old 11-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

I hated the 4 final words so much. My worst case scenario and that's what we got. Unbelievable.

Besides that, I was very, very happy with all of the episodes. Fall was pretty great for a lot of reasons. Seeing Luke, Lorelai, and Rory dance to Reflecting Light REALLY got to me. And Lorelai and Emily's phone call And Rory seeing Richard in his study...I really cried when I saw that. And Luke's speech to Lorelai was pretty amazing too. He has always loved her so much.

So what now, Logan is Christopher and Jess is Luke? That's our ending? That's our closure.

Also, the LBD scenes were beyond awful and a waste of time. LR had some really nice scenes, better than I expected, but the cheating is awful and nothing ever fully came from their story...I guess besides a baby now.

Will we get more episodes? Do I want more episodes?

Seeing Jess look through the window to Rory was a major highlight though. Wow, that made me happy.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And this was supposed to be the original ending? Really? With Rory jobless and pregnant and stuck in SH? Really, Amy? ...yikes
I'm having a hard time with that as well if the show had ended with ASP still as an EP and the show would have ended at S7.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
I'm having a hard time with that as well if the show had ended with ASP still as an EP and the show would have ended at S7.
honestly, if this is what she had planned back in the day, THANK GOD she left.
the original ending is so much better.

I just can't get over it. It's such a mess. I want to forget this revival ever happened.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
honestly, if this is what she had planned back in the day, THANK GOD she left.
the original ending is so much better.
I don't think you would have thought you'd ever say those words

I'm not happy either

I'm kind of curious if other Rory/Jess or Rory/Dean shippers are happy with the end? or the Rory should have another guy fans

I would have been happier if rory was in a relationship with somebody and then got pregnant. Why does it have to be painted that Rory should be a single mom as well?

Old 11-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

She got knocked up by the Wookie

No just kidding Rory sure didn't get the best storyline in that revival. All the cheating with Logan and floating around aimlessly......didn't like it one bit. I was never really into her life anyway but man that was a real snoozefest.
She might be out of a job but she is doing the book and she'll probably succeed with it. I kinda hope it's gonna be Jess in the end IF there is another installment. You never know But that ending and all that jazz about the 4 words and then that ?! For real?!

Once Luke and Lorelai got back on track and Sookie came back, the show started to feel real again. I mean like the good old days. That's why I was so hooked on it. Stars Hollow, Lorelai, Luke, the diner, the dragonfly, Sookie and Michel......don't forget Kirk It all kinda clicked again and I'm so sad that it only happened in like the second part of the LAST episode.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm kind of curious if other Rory/Jess or Rory/Dean shippers are happy with the end? or the Rory should have another guy fans
I was always Team Dean and I'm happy with the way it ended. I thought Rory was horrible in the revival and I don't want that Rory with Dean. Dean's got a good ending, he's happily married with 3 kids. He deserves that. Yes, he (and Rory) made a mistake when they were young, but at least one of them has grown up and learned something. I did love their scene, though, and what Rory said to him.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

This is clearly not the end. I think they will be doing more next year.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:22 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Christopher! I was glad to see him. Talk of Gigi was nice. I was really glad when Rory brought up the fact that Lorelai raised Rory alone. It was a bit of an awkward scene though. I wonder why the actor agreed to come back because they didnt really paint Chris in a great light. Not that he deserved it, he wasn’t around in Rory’s life but it seems like something that could have been touched on more. But at least they acknowledged it? IDK, it was a bit strange to me.

Things that frustrated me:
-A bit too much Logan for my taste in general that felt like repeated scenes. And LR having a “thing” in the first place. Been there, done that. And the ending… NOOOOOOO.
I think the awkward Rory-Chris scene, in retrospective, is our first warning sign about the last four words. Rory probably knows she's pregnant by then and she's contemplating what to do with it. Having Chris at this point of his journey going backwards, succumbing to the family business, admitting that Lorelai raising Rory alone was the right thing to do - is the confirmation Rory needs that Logan won't change. He won't leave the French heiress for her because that's what his family wants. He'll always go back to the comfort zone that is his family and she can't expect him to do otherwise. Therefore, raising a baby alone (or not have it! Rory, you can always lose the baby, it's very hot on TV these days) is the right thing for her to do.

And I agree there was way too much Logan (especially compared to the three Jess scenes we go :/) but I guess the repeat was needed for Amy to get her ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Seeing Jess look through the window to Rory was a major highlight though. Wow, that made me happy.
That depressed me so bad! Jess deserves so much better. He doesn't have to watch Rory from the sidelines and wait for the day she'll give a crap about him! It's funny, she seems to follow his advice constantly but she never acknowledges it or takes a second to think why she cares so much about what he has to say.

Quote:

NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
I hated the ending. It taints the whole thing for me.
Amy, tell me again how this is a feminist TV show!
Old 11-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
That depressed me so bad! Jess deserves so much better. He doesn't have to watch Rory from the sidelines and wait for the day she'll give a crap about him! It's funny, she seems to follow his advice constantly but she never acknowledges it or takes a second to think why she cares so much about what he has to say.
Like mother like daughter Lorelai needed some time to figure out what Luke meant to her and well Luke pined for her and waited for her to finally "see" him......Jess's look through the window kinda reminded me of that. He is gonna be there for her and support her and help her raise the kid and then She can see his face