Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It's funny to watch the early eps of S1. Especially the pilot. The characters are new to the actors, of course, so they aren't really developed yet.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

This week:

Episode 7: Kiss and Tell
Episode 8: Love & War & Snow

Yikes, Lindsay, I'm in the same boat and haven't had the time yet to watch these episodes! But I'll make some time this week. I've already watched the pilot but need to finish the others up through epis 7 & 8...looks like I'll be having a marathon on Wednesday (my day off work).

My take on LC vs. LL - I'm a fan of both relationships in their own individual rights, and thought they both served a purpose in Lorelai's life. I liked the banter Chris & Lorelai shared, and that was important to see how Chris "got" Lorelai in that respect, but at the end of the day Luke was always there for her and provided that much needed support, whether it be friendship or love or both. I just felt that while LC had a history and banter they shared (not to mention a daughter), Luke was the man by Lorelai's side through it all & vice versa. And there's something so romantic about that IMO. Anyway, I didn't mind seeing Lorelai w/ Max or Lorelai w/ Chris as anything negative or something to hate. I felt they were in her life for a reason and gave Lorelai what she needed at that particular time. However, with Luke, it seemed to me there was a deeper connection; a friendship, a love, a je ne sais quoi. I respect people who see it other ways, and I do to a certain extent, but Luke was the rock in Lorelai's life. He was the one she turned to in times of despair and who would truly listen to her, whether it be heartfelt conversations or her endless (& I think charming & hilarious) rants. Okay...I'm rambling now...y'all's conversation made me think about those relationships again and want to express my perspective. I'll leave you to it and will hopefully get some more of these epis knocked out on Wed.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good analysis. I will try to write my analysis of KLM tommorow. I just been busy.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I own every season and literally have seen every episode about 100 times, its my go to show for cleaning and sick days. Is that a crime? lol

icon: forsaken_muse
krisiislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's a rather good idea
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I resaw half of the Pilot since ABC family was showing new things to put in my analysis

It was funny how Rory was fascinated that a 16 year old wanted to be a doctor when we learn later she had her life plan to go to Harvard and be a journalist since she was 2.
I like Rory trying to impress Dean with the round cakes, reminds me when I was 15.
I love the whole nail polish passed around in class, and Rory joking about a girl glowing. Mrs. Kim "boys don't like funny girls..."
I like the tea and coffee shows a key difference between Em and Lorelai but Emily has shown to drink coffee.
I like the Macy Gray and the music on the show. I also like Drella if you want someone nice get a harmonica player lol.
I like Lorelai and Rory trying to get Michelle to read her french paper.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Episodes we're watching this week of Feb. 6th:

Episode 9: Rory's Dance
Episode 10: Forgiveness and Stuff
Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I missed Rory's Birthday Parties? Two per week are really too much for me. But RBP and the two from this week are some of the best eps in my opinion.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the end of Deer Hunters. Mostly last five minutes
I like Lorelai's speech how maybe she did influence her daughter to go to Harvard. I like how that moment she could have been okay with her daughter doing something different. I like how Rory was determined to make it work, but I like how she told Lorelai she had the right to change her mind. I really wish Lorelai had remembered that in S5 or at least took some things into consideration.
Rory's dilema was something relatable alot of A student who later go to a more tougher school, or to a harder college. They find themselves not getting grades as easily so they need to challenge themsleves so I'm glad ASP addressed it.
I liked Max's message it was sweet, and how he gave Rory extra credit.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Is anyone doing this rewatch? lol I am FINALLY having the time to sit and pop my GG discs in to watch them. My other TV obsessions/RL got in the way this past month but I'm going to at least try my best and start in on episodes 13 & 14 which are this week's.

Episodes we're watching this week:

Episode 13: Concert Interruptus
Episode 14: That Damn Donna Reed

Love this first rummage sale scene!

Lorelai: "But it has rhinestones on it"

Luke: "Your mother's a fruitcake"
Lorelai: "Fruitcakes by the door please"

It's kinda sad that they didn't pursue the Tristan/Rory storyline. I actually kinda liked their chemistry towards the end of S1. Angst is always the beginnings of such hot romance! lol

Nice to get some sympathetic backstory to Paris. Yes, she's a bitch, but it's still sad to see how in love she is with a guy who doesn't return her affections. Been there, done that!

Aww, seeing Luke admit he's whipped by Lorelai and will put up her signs!

That crazy Annie Oakley outfit! And I love seeing Lorelai so interested in Luke's GF & past!

I forgot that this was the episode where Rory & Paris bonded. It's so sweet, you really get an inkling of an idea that Paris isn't totally horrible. lol

Last edited by Talula78; 02-20-2012 at 04:09 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I really thought I would be able to do the rewatch. School, work, and watching my shows are taking up my time. Love all the comments though.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

No worries, Lindsay! I totally get the whole RL getting in the way thing. Heck, I'm obviously a victim myself.

Just watched That Damn Donna Reed and I'm cracking up at all of this stuff!

- OMG I LOVE the running commentary!! I do that stuff all the time to cheesy shows or movies!

- Aww, the painting song!! "Say yes or there's another verse"

- "Kick ass wine" - poetic

- The looks on their faces when Lorelai suggests not flying first class to Europe!

- Babbette: "you can watch those 4 girls talkin dirty" Love the S&TC reference.

- Hah! I give Rory props for turning the argument around and reenacting Donna Reed. Classic stuff.

- Aww, Stella!

almost finished with the episode but I have to go to work, so I'll finish this later tonight...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Episodes we're watching this week of Feb. 27th:

Episode 15: Christopher Returns
Episode 16: Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers

Aww, I'm sad no one else is doing this rewatch. Anyone?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I've seen every episode about 100 times. No joke. I watch when Im sick or just really beat, it makes me happy
apricot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by apricot (View Post)
I've seen every episode about 100 times. No joke. I watch when Im sick or just really beat, it makes me happy
Yes, me too! This show always knows how to cure my gloomy days!
Reply   Post New Thread