Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

I've rewatched a lot and was striken by how needy Lorelei is.
She constantly emotionally blackmails Rory and refuses to act as a mother.

I think her relationship to Rory is quite disturbing especially compared to how intolerant she is with her mother, who is traditional for sure but who came through for Lorelei many times (defending her to Chris' parents, going to Luke etc.)

What annoys me most is this holier than thou attitude she has and she's not looking to get along better. It's like she tries to get closer to rory by creating a commong enemy.

I get that she is living a conflict between seeking her mother's affection and being jealous of Rory/Emily but I feel like most times she tries to hurt Emily by showing off her bond to rory.
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Trustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do have some issues with the way Lorelai handles her parents, and I will tell you when i do my rewatch of Kill me Now

Last edited by fox24; 01-16-2012 at 12:31 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will continue my rewatch on soapnet on saturdays guys.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Week 2 - Kill Me Now
The Deer-Hunters
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oops, I totally forgot about this. Thanks for mentioning it on the GG thread of the LG board, Jen.

I watch the show every day what with it being in the 5th season on ABC family and then the 3 eps on the the weekend on SoapNet which is now into season 2. I don't know if I am going to go back and rewatch the eps on my DVDs since I pretty much just saw them or if I will just go by memory of the eps. I will come back tomorrow to give my thoughts on eps 3 & 4.

This looks like it is going to be a lot of fun and it is also going to be nice to meet everyone that I haven't met yet.
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
I will continue my rewatch on soapnet on saturdays guys.
sometime in march, soapnet is being replaced with disney junior
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Extreme Fan

From the pilot I really enjoyed the way Lorelai begged for coffee from Luke, who of course gave in.

Also, perfectly delivered by Alexis, with wide-eyed innocence, "Are you my new daddy?" Hehe, poor Joe, no wonder he was quick to leave when Lorelai told him Rory was 16. A lie really since she was 15 then, but it was close enough to her birthday I guess!

Rory being a brat was interesting, we didn't see it often in the early seasons. She became more of a brat later on down the track. I love her dynamic with Lane, they played well off each other.

I could totally sympathise with Lane over her mother, I had strict parents too except my parents didn't want to set me up with anyone, they would have preferred for me to live like a nun!

I didn't mind Dean too much, he was obviously attracted to bookish Rory, I just never really cared who she was with in the series. I didn't particularly like any of of her boyfriends.

Emily and Richard, hard to like them at first, since the first we saw of them they acted the way they did. Lorelai didn't really deal with them in the best way but there was a lot of history there so we can't really judge her on that.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

I watched the prodigal daughter and there was actually a really cute Lorelei/Emily scene. And it really reached me since she never has a kind word for her mom so her "you didn't lose me" was really cute. But I definitely get how Emily would be convinced that she has.

Emily isn't a saint either. Definitely not. And she doesn't learn from her mistakes but the frivolity of her life is also a hard cross to bear and being that attached to traditions for L and R is equivalent to them validating the lifestyle that is her life.

I just wished they weren't bashing E that often
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Trustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal (View Post)
From the pilot I really enjoyed the way Lorelai begged for coffee from Luke, who of course gave in.
and from then on Luke put up with a lot from Lorelei like her using his phone, her using cell phones in his diner, always wanting coffee. And I can't see him doing that for anyone else.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll do 1.02 tommorrow
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I haven't had time to watch any episodes yet. Hopefully I can catch up.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just view clips on youtube sometimes
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I watched The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton and Kill Me Now. It feels great to remember all the great moments in the early seasons.

The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton is still one of my favorite episodes in the show. Everything, from the furry clock that purrs () to the hug and Rory not wanting her mother to date Luke because they wouldn't be able to eat there anymore, is priceless. I loved the whole town giving Lorelai grief for what she was wearing
Rory's scene with Headmaster Charleston is still one of my favorite scenes on TV in general. She was so focused and driven, and yet she was scared to death of being pulled out of her comfort zone as the "smartest kid in Stars Hollow".
Luke's face when Lorelai tells him about the guy who drove all the way to Stars Hollow to ask her out is priceless. And her little smile when she realized he was jealous was I love these two so much
Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lorelai/Emily scene. It highlights everything I love about Lorelai and everything I love about Emily. It's just that good.

And then Kill Me Now. I love Rory and Richard's relationship, how they're a bridge of sorts between Lorelai and Emily. Granddaughter and grandfather are so alike in so many aspects, and it's so good to see them bond against all odds. I felt for Lorelai here, but I wouldn't change what happened. It was good for both Richard and Rory and for Lorelai and Emily in the long run.
I loooved the twins' mother Somehow I didn't find it hard to believe that labour was the best part of motherhood for her, not after seeing those two

Can't wait for The Deer Hunters
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Extreme Fan

The moments I remember from the Lorelai's First Day at Chilton is the furry clock, Rory being Big Ben and yelling out all the minutes (she was a brat), cLorelai's interaction with the other Chilton dad and the way Rory watched the exchange, I laughed when she automatically looked back at Chilton Dad for his reaction to Lorelai not being married.

The hug at the end of the day was sweet too, poor Rory had a terrible first day!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal (View Post)
The moments I remember from the Lorelai's First Day at Chilton is the furry clock,
that was the perfecft way to introduce Lorelei in her weird spending habits very early on in the series.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Reply   Post New Thread