Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I've been long overdue for a complete GG rewatch. Must do that soon.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinfull (View Post)
What LL debacle?
No wait, don't tell me. I've made it this far almost spoiler free (stupid April!), I can make it the last few seasons.
Just keep watching and then you'll see what I'm referring to. I don't wanna spoil you any further.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Figured I'd move that post over here in our re-watch thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiTotoLover (View Post)
Hi fellow Stars Hollow citizens!
I wanna keep a little blog here, so you guys can join me while I'm watching Gilmore Girls for the 9th time! I'm starting with the pilot tonight.
I will share some thoughts and opinions and also some things I may have not noticed before, during the previous eight times I've been watching the show.
I hope you'll enjoy my messages and also like to hear your opinions and point of views on different matters as well.

Yay, this pleases me! Perhaps when you get to the end of season 1, I'll join you?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Good idea to move the post.

I've watched through 2x06, I believe.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I hope we didn't scare them off?

Yeah, after my TGW episode tonight I might just try & finish off season 1? You're only about 7 episodes ahead of me, Lindsay.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Did you end up watching more GG?
Old 09-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thought I could but forgot I had a rehearsal that next morning to get up early for, so I had to put myself to bed. I plan on it tonight after I get off of work, though.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I need to watch some more. Maybe after work tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thoughts while rewatching random episodes while sick as a dog:

a) Dean has the best smile in those early eps (especially the episode with Cinnamon's wake).
b) Lorelai rocks pigtails pretty well for a grown woman.
c) Dean has the scariest frustrated face in later episodes.
d) Babette and Morrie are always so adorable.
e) Rory's hair, especially in the last seasons, gets on my nerves more than it should.
f) I will never understand why anyone could be taken with Logan for more than a few weeks of dating, tops.
t hedge coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I've watched through 2x09 now.

Interesting thoughts.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

This move is putting a kink in my rewatch. I hardly have time to watch anything right now because I'm too busy packing. :rollleyes:

Wow, you must've watched episodes all over the place! Haha, agree with the Babette & Maury comment, they were too cute. Disagree with the Logan comment, but to each his/her own. Lauren looks super cute in those pigtails!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I started rewatching few months ago, put it on hold due to uni obligations, but am now picking it up again. I'm in the middle of s2. Some random observations:

- Rachel was a pretty cool minor character.
- I forgot just how annoying Tristan was. But that was the point, so I don’t mind.
- My opinion about Dean has improved during my rewatch. When I first watched, I hated him, but now I’m more neutral towards him and even like him at times. The only time he annoyed me so far was when he was all “yey, patriarchy!”
- Jess used to be my favorite male character. I wonder if that will remain the same after my rewatch. He hasn't been around much yet.
- I love both Chistopher and Luke. The former is irresponsible and unreliable, but very charismatic. The latter is wonderfully grumpy and anti-everything (much like myself, so I relate, lol), but also a great and dependable person.
- Lane has always been my overall favorite character and I would love it if she she was around more. I totally forgot they made her a cheerleader at one point. American tv loves to do that to my faves, whom I don’t consider cheerleader material at all (e.g. Peyton and Haley on oth, Elena and Bonnie on tvd, Jen on dc). But, again, that was kinda the point of the whole sl. And Gilmore Girls cheerleaders seem much more human and non-annoying than on some other American teen dramas and movies.
- Like both Lorelai and Rory and their relationship. One of my best friends used to say the kind of relationship they have reminds her of my mom and me and maybe that’s why they are so dear to me. My own mom always treated me as an equal and a friend, so Lorelai’s approach to parenthood is something I’m very comfortable with.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 AM
Passionate Fan

I just started rewatching and I realized that Jess has really few episode even on the seasons that Milo is a regular.

and i loooove the Emily/Lorelai scenes!
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

That’s so weird about Jess/Milo. I remember him as an integral part of the show. Must be just because I liked him.

I have to admit I judged Lorelai a little for her attitude towards her portents, especially at the beginning. Not in a “be more respectful to them” kinda way, but in a “your complain about having filthy rich parents always ready to fix your financial problems?!? wish I had that problem!” kinda way.

But at the same time, I completely get her distaste for high society and its norms and rituals. So I feel for both her and Christopher for wanting to escape the moral and social conventions of that world.

And Lorelai’s scenes with Emily are always so wonderfully written and acted. You can just feel that tension that comes from their different personalities and worldview. But also the love.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I always see how people can think of Lorelai as whiny for complaining about her problems, but that's just it, they're her problems. Of course things are happening in the world but growing up her world was literally this high society. They were focused on parties, status, private school, money and she wanted more than that. Her parents never wanted to accept her for who she was and that's a lot for someone to deal with emotionally, of course that affected her. With that in mind, you can see why she would constantly think this. She was brought up that way so some of it kind of stuck.

Sidenote: I just started the pilot again yesterday.
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread