Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Pretty Lauren with the spring colors! I don't know if I like the longer hair, though...

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
Josh: Yeah. Two really great things. (LORELAI smiles)
-Before the Beginning
SamiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh my goodness - those pictures of Lauren are beautiful! I loooove (what I'm assuming) is the one with her sticking up her middle finger. If someone could make me an avatar of that... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

She looks awesome with her long curly hair. And the dress - what a daring move. Gotta love her for it.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

I lurve the hair!

She looks unbelievable for 37 (tomorrow!)...no, just unbelievable period.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Oh, those Lauren singing pictures are fabulous! I'm watching ET to see if it covered the event.

From Matt Roush's weekly column at TV Guide:

Question:
Like a lot of people, I had started to wonder if the fabulous Gilmore Girls had jumped the shark earlier this year — it just wasn't as fun to watch as in the past. However, I think that the last three episodes rank right up there with the best of them. While the occasional scene can be a little over the top (Emily shopping), they're really starting to hit some emotional chords again. When Rory broke down, feeling like she was failing and just wanted her mom, I remembered just what that felt like. And I can't say enough about Kelly Bishop. That woman portrays silent hurt like no one else on TV; she always has... and was pretty fun with the not-at-all silent hurt in the most recent episode. What do you think? — Kim

Matt:
Lately, I think Kelly Bishop is what has kept me watching the show. She is magnificent, and her performance in the "Reigning Lorelai" episode — learning that on the eve of her marriage to Richard, her shrewish mother-in-law had written a note to her son begging him to call it off — was a true tour de force, both deeply comic and terribly moving. She deserves every award in the book. Beyond that, though, I think this season is still hugely problematic. Alexis Bledel played her breakdown scene on Dean's shoulder very nicely, but that particular episode — in which Rory and Lorelai kept missing each other on their cell phones, Paris was even more annoying than usual and Lorelai even screamed at Sookie — was maybe the most exasperating hour I've ever spent watching the show. It was shrill and unpleasant and felt endless to me. I sure hope this show gets its act together soon. There's still so much to like about it — and with Ed gone, the need for quirky escapism is stronger than ever. But my patience is wearing thin.

Of course, I agree with him completely about Kelly Bishop's performance. I wonder if he is an Emmy voter. Matt has been such a staunch GG supporter that I hate to read any criticism of the show from him. I really liked The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais, but I can understand his comments. I did feel exhausted when the episode was over. I think Lorelai and Rory should have connected in some way at the end.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Very interesting.This Canada site states that the GG DVD is coming out on April 16. That's quite a difference from May 4. Is it possible that Canada is sooner than the U.S.?

Ottawa, Canada site about the DVD
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Matt R. really knows his tv. I've thought the same things myself. I love GG, but sometimes they seem to stretch things a little to much. I love Lorelai's one liners, but when that's all she saying sometimes, it can grate on your nerves ya know? I want Dean back. I think he makes Rory's character more real. They just have a chemistry on screen together.

TPTB need to hook Lorelai up with SOMEBODY! lol! These guys they keep coming up with just aren't getting it at all.

What's up with Sookie's husband being MIA? I haven't seen him on their much at all.

I love that they have expanded Lane's part. She's a real treat to watch.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Emily-Where's your sig from?

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
-Before the Beginning
Old 03-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I found it in the Quotes thread on the Off Topic Board. I saw it and I loved it. It fits me to a tee [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pictures of Lauren and the Matt Roush column.

I'm not positive but I believe CSI came out in Canada before it was available in the US. That reminds me, sometimes you can order DVDs from Canada for less than you can buy then in the US, even with shipping. I bought a couple of seasons of The X-Files from an online Canadian retailer (but I can't remember where) a few years ago. If you think the GG DVDs are expensive, check out The X-Files: over $100 a season. Who cares about buying drugs from Canada? It's all about the DVDs!

Edit: The Canadian stores I've checked so far all have a release date of May 4.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, Emily, I love it and am keeping it saved on my computer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Before the Beginning
Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

New thread time kiddies. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread