Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Another GG star pencilled in for a pilot

- Jared Padalecki ("Gilmore Girls") and Jensen Ackles ("Smallville") have been tapped for the two leads in the WB Network's "Supernatural," a drama about two brothers who travel the country in search of the paranormal.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 02-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Alison- Welcome to the board! If you want to discuss the episode, check out our episode discussion thread. You can read other people's opinions there and others can read yours. If you're a fan of Rory, check out our Rory/Alexis appreciation thread. We have a lot of threads for various topics, so look around.

Congrats to Jared and Milo. I hope the pilots work out for them.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGL&L77
Make sure that we keep voting in the http://www.tvguide.com/valentine/perfect_pairs.asp poll

Luke and Lorelai are only 1 % above Alias now!!
Eeeek they're tied now.

I hope Jared's and Milo's pilots work out too. It'd be great to see them on the WB in something other than GG.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Ratings courtesy of Mediaweek.com

On the WB, Gilmore Girls is actually stronger this year opposite American Idol than it was in 2004, with an improved 5.0/ 7 in the overnights (#3), 5.29 million viewers (#4) and a 2.3/ 6 among adults 18-49 (#3). Comparably, that was an advantage over competing (and last-place) UPN sitcoms All of Us (2.0/ 3; Viewers: 2.18 million; A18-49: 0.9/ 2) and Eve (2.0/ 3; Viewers: 2.23 million; A18-49: 0.9/ 2) of an average 150 percent in the overnights, 3.09 million viewers and 1.46 percent among adults 18-49.

At 9 p.m., although the WB's One Tree Hill (Overnights: #5, 3.3/ 5; Viewers: #5, 4.09 million; A18-49: #5, 1.9/ 5) bested UPN's competing Veronica Mars (Overnights: #6, 2.2/ 3; Viewers: #6, 2.61 million; A18-49: 1.2/ 3) by 50 percent in the overnights, 1.48 million viewers and 58 percent among adults 18-49; retention out of lead-in Gilmore Girls still lags at 66 percent in the overnights and 77 percent in total viewers. Growth for Veronica Mars out of Eve was 10 percent in the overnights, 380,000 viewers and 33 percent among adults 18-49.

Percent Change From the Year-Ago Evening (Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2004):
Fox: +15, CBS: - 4, WB: - 9, ABC and NBC: -12 each, UPN: -52

Since MW has noted GG is actually stronger this year I'd say the 9% drop can mostly be due to OTH's ratings and that week retention rate (heck even Everwood is retaining more than OTH is and that's coming from WB's top rating show)

Ratings so far this season:

Ep 1 - Gilmore Girls (#3: 5.7/ 8; A18-49: #4, 2.5/ 8 - #4 Viewers 6.20m)
Ep 2 - Gilmore Girls (#3: 5.9/ 9; A18-49: #4, 2.7/8)
Ep 3 - Gilmore Girls (#3: 6.0/ 9; A18-49: #3, 2.5/ 7)
Ep 4 - Gilmore Girls (#4: 5.3/ 8; A18-49: #4, 2.6/ 7)
Ep 5 - Gilmore Girls (#5: 5.2/ 7; A18-49: #5, 2.4/ 7)
Ep 6 - Gilmore Girls (#5: 5.2/ 7; A18-49: #5, 2.5/ 7)
Ep 7 - Gilmore Girls (#5: 5.8/ 8; A18-49
Ep 8 - Gilmore Girls (#4: 5.6/ 7; A18-49: #5, 2.8/ 7)
Ep 9 - Gilmore Girls (#3: 5.7/ 8; A18-49: #4, 2.7/ 7)
Ep 10 - Gilmore Girls (#4: 5.6/8; A18-49: #4, 2.7/7)
Ep 11 - Gilmore Girls (#4t A18-49: 2.3/6 - Viewers 5.04m)
Ep 12 - Gilmore Girls (#4t: 4.5/6; A18-49: #5 2.2/6 - Viewers 5.2m)
Ep 13 - Gilmore Girls (#3: 5.0/7; A18-49: #5 2.8/7 - Viewers 6.26m)
Ep 14 - Gilmore Girls (#4: 5.0/7; A18-49: #3 2.3/6 - Viewers 5.29m)

Bold indicates highest audience / total viewers - Italics highest 18-49 rating.

Last edited by Nadine; 02-16-2005 at 03:50 PM
Old 02-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

An article from the Daily Republic

You can tell a lot about a man by the TV he watches

By Ted Sillanpaa

If not for cable television and the magic of TiVo, Lauren Graham would still be a stranger to me.

See, without the ABC Family network or the mystical box that allows me to record TV programs by pressing two buttons, "The Gilmore Girls" would be just another show I've never watched.

Lauren Graham plays the spicy, attractive, funny and quick-witted 30-something single mom. She is heir to a small-town family's fortune, but is raising her daughter Rory by herself and . . .

Well, Lauren Graham's "Lorelai Gilmore" entertains me and that's all that really matters, right? Even if her eyes alone keep me glued to the TV set, it's my business.

There's no explaining to me why anyone would watch PBS or, more inexplicably, not watch TV at all. Without TV, I'd not be having a digital cable affair with Lauren Graham or Jenna Elfmann.

Jenna Elfmann played the tall, ditzy blonde in "Dharma & Greg." And I would track her down and marry her - Dharma, I mean - if she were a real person and not married to Greg. Dharma is the free-spirited polar opposite of the anal-retentive lawyer she married on the day they met.

Greg's a good guy, too, the kind of guy every married man would like to be - wed to a woman who only very gently points out even his most grotesque character flaws when they lead to disastrous events, while she provides mile-a-minute fun and excitement.

"Dharma & Greg" is on in reruns everywhere. I wouldn't have set aside one second to watch it on first-run programming every Thursday, I think. On cable, with a recording device - the show is always there when the mood for completely, utterly, totally mindless entertainment strikes.

You can tell a lot about a man by the TV programs he watches. A buddy of mine watched that girly-girly-girl show "Felicity," and proved he's nearly as in touch with his feminine side as I am.

Those reality shows that are have become so easy to mock still attract me. If Donald Trump called and offered me a job, I'd probably turn it down. Still, when I watch "The Apprentice," I briefly believe I'm not really utterly devoid of any business sense or people skills. I feel good about me when I watch a guy with a Harvard MBA make a fool of himself trying to create a new flavor of ice cream.

"The Amazing Race," is good for one - and only one - thing. The show's producers hire only couples with interesting connections to compete in the trek across the world. I identified with the little guy who had no belief in himself, but let complete love for his sassy, cute partner carry him. Plus, they'd broken up before the race, so she was using him every step of the way in her quest for the $1 million prize.

Professional wrestling remains a favorite. I TiVo it less than other shows. People at work make fun of the leggy blonde gal and the guy who gives the "stink face" to fallen foes. They keep coming back to my cubicle to watch if the newsroom TV is on that channel.

ESPN Classic was the cable channel designed specifically for me. I never watch it. Never. There's no use looking back. Unless Lorelai Gilmore's back there.

You figure out what my TV favorites tell others about me.

Reach Ted Sillanpaa at 425-6979 or tsillanpaa@dailyrepublic.net.

Old 02-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

LOL funny article. Thanks for posting it
Mulder&Scully//House&Cameron
Chuck&Sarah//Castle&Beckett
Old 02-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

They're showing commercials on ABC Family for a new Saturday thing.

Quote:
Gilmore Saturdays

Saturday is girls' night...Gilmore Girls night that is. An all-access pass with exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews and 3 back-to-back episodes.

Starts February 26 at 7pm e/p

For "Everything Gilmore" including exclusive downloads, inside info, video previews and more, visti the Gilmore Girls site.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Gen. I wonder if it's new interviews or ripped from the backstage special they did before they started showing GG on ABC Family.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

The two interviews on the site at the moment seem to be new - but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Those ones on the site actually look old to me. I thought I remembered watching them before. But the interview snippets they showed in the commercials looks new.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

It looks like there might be a few new interviews. One of the commercials shows a second of Milo talking.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Yeah the commercial looks new - I agree with you there because they definitely added things in the commercial that wasn't in the last one.

Regarding the interviews - Lauren's interview looks old it's Scott's one that flew under my radar I think.

Old 02-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Wheee! I got my copy of the Hollywood Reporter in the mail today (thanks again for the link to the website, Jenna). Scanned alllll of the pages.

Click for the big pics (and they are big. I just scanned them and didn't resize much. Dial-up users beware)

The front and back covers

Ads on the inside covers

And then all the pages of just GG articles and ads. I'm in heaven.

And then there was another ad hidden towards the back.

Phew, there you go!

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 02-19-2005 at 07:08 PM
Old 02-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Awesome scans Gen!

Media Life

Regarding 100th ep ratings.

'Gilmore Girls,'
once more with feeling

Back from the brink with a s#@xed-up story to tell

By Diego Vasquez

Last week the WB’s “Gilmore Girls” celebrated its 100th episode, and it was a milestone that defied the expectations of many, including creator Amy Sherman-Palladino. It didn't appear the show would survive this long.
Now it turns out the WB made the right decision in sticking by "Girls" through its various creative struggles and poor ratings last season. The fifth-year show has rebounded, and its ratings are especially strong with young viewers.
For all the talk of networks sticking by shows they believe in, it doesn't happen that often anymore. And it's even less often that a show pulls itself up from a tumble, as "Girls" has. That makes it all the more noteworthy of the WB.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly two weeks ago, Sherman-Palladino said that "Girls" had been as good as canceled last year under then-WB co-CEO Jordan Levin. But when Levin left and new WB entertainment president David Janollari entered, she said, the show was given a reprieve.
That gave the writers a chance to revive what had been a flagging show in season four, both in terms of plot and ratings.
“Gilmore Girls” has been flat this season among 12-17s while up in viewers 12-24. But last week both demos showed huge gains for the 100th episode, in which grandparents Richard and Emily renewed their wedding vows. Among 12-24s the episode posted a 3.5 rating, 40 percent higher than its 2.5 season-to-date average in that demo. It posted a 3.2 rating among viewers 12-17, up 33.3 percent versus its 2.4 season-to-date average among teens.
All the more impressive, "Girls” pulled these ratings going head-to-head with Fox’s “American Idol,” the show that finished in the top two spots in both demos last week.
At the beginning of last season viewers seemed to be turned off by the Rory-goes-to-college storyline. The show did not have enough forward momentum during the first half of the season, when mom and daughter were torn apart for the first time but there was not enough conflict to keep viewers interested.
So the writers used a time-honored way to bring them back: They added some sex. At the end of last season, daughter Rory lost her virginity to her married ex-boyfriend. And mother Lorelai finally hooked up with her will-they-or-won't-they sparring mate, Luke.
Those couplings sparked some great episodes this year, and they seemed to rouse former viewers back to the TV set. Thus far this season, the show has averaged 4.8 million total viewers, its best number in two years.
Among teens, last week’s 3.2 gives hope to the WB for an improved season in the demo. Currently it’s averaging a 2.4 rating among 12-17s, the same as it averaged last year.
But among viewers 12-24, last week’s 3.5 rating adds to an already improved season in the demo. Season-to-date “Gilmore Girls” is averaging a 2.5 12-24 rating, up 25 percent versus last year’s 2.0 average.
The WB's best hope is that these younger viewers, especially 12-17s, stick around, having been drawn in by the 100th episode.
Elsewhere in young viewers, last week’s Grammy Awards on CBS was basically a bomb, down about 30 percent among viewers 18-49, but the telecast still finished in the top 10 for the week in all the younger viewers demos except kids 2-11.
Among 9-14s the Grammys posted a 4.5 rating, good for No. 8 in the demo between Nickelodeon’s “Danny Phantom” and “Fairly OddParents.” Among 12-17s CBS’s telecast averaged a 5.4 rating, leading it to a No. 3 finish behind only last week’s episodes of “American Idol” on Fox.
Similarly, among 12-24s and 18-24s, the Grammys posted respective 6.3 and 7.1 ratings, No. 3 in both demos for the week behind the two episodes of “Idol.”

Old 02-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow Gen. Thanks for the scans!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread