Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
"American Idol is like the Nazis marching through Poland," she said. "You just got to let them go. Get out of the way. We're kind of France going, 'You know, just don't burn down Paris, that's all we're asking.'"

Asked by one of her shows' co-stars, Lauren Graham, if that was really the analogy she wanted to go with, Sherman-Palladino responded that's how she looked at it.

Sherman-Palladino's co-executive producer (and husband) Daniel Palladino piped up with his own joke about homicidal political regimes: "We tried to slip some dioxin into [American Idol creator Simon Fuller's coffee once, and it didn't work."
Haha. I think it's funny that Lauren asked if that is really how she wanted to describe it. I can so totally see that in my head. "Uh Amy, are you sure that's how you wanna go?" with her big grin and a little giggle. Ha. Makes me laugh.

Still no word on a 6th season though..*sigh*

ETA: As I sit here and eat an altoid..I think how this is really a curiously strong mint. And how I don't envy having to consume many of them. Wait..that sounds bad. Like I don't want minty fresh breath..but I mean..I'm glad I don't have a gig where I gotta kiss someone all the time and need to have an altoid on standby all the time.

Ok. And we're going to stop rambling before this becomes really uncomfortably weird. Don't mind the weirdo in the corner...

Last edited by Mots15; 01-24-2005 at 08:44 AM
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15
Haha. I think it's funny that Lauren asked if that is really how she wanted to describe it. I can so totally see that in my head. "Uh Amy, are you sure that's how you wanna go?" with her big grin and a little giggle. Ha. Makes me laugh.
I pictured that in my head too once I read that part.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I got to get to know a new friend, "Gilmore Girls" actress Alexis Bledel, better. I really like her. And after she left, the party greeted even bigger stars.
Bigger than Alexis? Bahh! Gimme Alexis over Anne Heche and Ashton Kutcher anyday!
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is an article about people complaining to the FCC about Gilmore Girls and other shows. The FCC denied the complaints. I'm posting the GG part.

Quote:
There were multiple complaints about a November 2003 episode of "Gilmore Girls." In one scene, a character's grandfather reminisces about college pranks involving nudity. In another, two college students discuss an incident in which a male student who was nude spent the night in a dorm hallway.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:27 PM
New Fan

I know, Kristin from Eonline.com is not the most reliable source, but she just posted this in her chat:

Quote:
Kristin_Veitch replies: Yes, the cast members are saying it looks very likey. Hurrah!
nikkinick9 asks: Will there be a sixth season for Gilmore Girls??
And here is an article from Zap2it.com about the 100th episode, which contains some major spoilers:

Zap2it.com

Last edited by Josephine*; 01-24-2005 at 03:35 PM
Old 01-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjojd
Here is an article about people complaining to the FCC about Gilmore Girls and other shows. The FCC denied the complaints. I'm posting the GG part.
Hah! I've actually been checking their site since last years season finale to see if they'd complain. But instead they chose to complain about THAT?!?! They just get zanier and zanier. I'm disapointed they still haven't updated their gilmore girls page (it's season 5 not 4 folks!) to include the affair ... though I guess naked Kirk would be more likely to offend them? http://www.parentstv.org/ptc/shows/main.asp?shwid=605

However here is the scary part. It was a 3 to 2 decision. With a democrat and a republican disagreeing on dismissing the complaints. With a new fcc chairman coming on board that vote could tilt the other way very soon. Not that I believe the GG complaints out of the 36 were going anywhere. We haven't gone that crazy. Have we?

It's also worth noting that their network pick for the evening is American Idol. Makes me proud to watch GG instead.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine*
I know, Kristin from Eonline.com is not the most reliable source, but she just posted this in her chat
So Kristin (150th episode!?!) just showed a tiny interview clip on E with Lauren and Alexis at the WB thinger. Alexis has been hanging around some sailors.

Alexis: "Mom's like "Oh sh**, I don't know what to doooo? I don't know what guy to be with!"
Lauren: "I don't know who to be with. And Rory's all, I like this blonde guy!"
Alexis: "That's all."
Old 01-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
So Kristin (150th episode!?!) just showed a tiny interview clip on E with Lauren and Alexis at the WB thinger. Alexis has been hanging around some sailors.

Alexis: "Mom's like "Oh sh**, I don't know what to doooo? I don't know what guy to be with!"
Ha! We sailors certainly do live up to that stereotype. And it only gets worse when we get out to sea. Any chance they will show the clip again?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Here's the actual citation of the complaint from the FCC;

Quote:
n. “Gilmore Girls,” November 18, 2003, 8 p.m. EST: in one scene, a character’s
grandfather reminisces about college pranks involving nudity; in another scene, two current college students discuss the night the male student spent nude in a dorm hallway. There is also another scene in which a female character listens to a brief message on her answering machine in which a male caller makes a reference to “growing a pair.”

t. “Gilmore Girls,” February 10, 2004, 9 p.m. EST: one character says to another: “you’re a dick.”
I can pretty much assume the 'growing a pair' scene is Paris' life coach is trying to encourage her. I find this pretty hilarious that they would complain about this one scene only. For one thing, we didn't see much of Marty, and Paris has been in scenes that are right on the line, when she tells someone they can hypothetically 'bite my ass' for example . There's been several scenes where Par's language is pretty rough, but not so much it would offend.

The second reference was to this conversation between TJ and Luke;

Quote:
LUKE: T.J.

T.J.: Hi, you're here. Cool.

LUKE: Yeah, so, Liz is back at my place getting your stuff, she just wanted me to tell you.

T.J.: Okay. Thanks.

LUKE: So look, I kind of heard you guys talking, and things seem to be going pretty good for Liz which is different, and a nice change, and I know that you guys are thinking about moving here, and I just wanted you to know, it's okay by me.

T.J.: Okay. I didn't realize we needed your permission.

LUKE: Oh, no. You don't. Maybe you misunderstood me here. I was just trying to say that I assumed because my sister has a history with guys, you know, that, you know, you were like the others. But, well, you seem like a pretty good guy.

T.J.: Thanks. You're a dick.

T.J. walks away from Luke.
Now if I remember right, TJ meant it as a compliment, right?

And to Alexis swearing on E!. I knew she had it in her .
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories

Last edited by Nate the Lizaphile; 01-24-2005 at 06:30 PM
Old 01-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes well sadly this is not the most ridiculous complaint to the FCC I've heard about recently. Apparently 9 people filed complaints about NBC showing nude ancient Greek statues in their Olympics coverage, as well as people wearing togas.

I looooove ASP's Nazi/Poland/France comment. I'm living in France and I told my roommate who just about died laughing and said, "Gilmore Girls is Vichy!"
Old 01-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal

Hahaha. Those two are hilarious. That's so great. About Alexis - ya know, it's the shy ones you gotta be careful of.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

lol did anyone record that? *g*

Okay this article has spoilers in it and got the date wrong, etc but is still a good read.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Some more context on the American Idol = Nazi comment by ASP

from AZ Central.com The article is here.

That's a mouthful

Quick-with-a-quip Gilmore Girls had grown a bit tired last season - almost literally so; when the rapid-fire dialogue had more to do with verbal gymnastics than plot development, as was often the case, it was tiring to watch.

Things have taken a turn for the better this season, and the cast and creator appeared before us during the WB network's sessions to talk. And, in the case of creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, talk and talk and talk. What follows is only a brief sampling of all she had to say.

Asked about the improvement in quality, Sherman-Palladino, who favors ridiculously large hats that make her look kind of like a human lamp and the hat a lampshade, said, "I actually think that our increased drug use this year really put us on the top of the game. It was very Judy Garland, uppers, downers, stuff."

Sherman-Palladino is one of the best, and most original, writers in television. Her conversations take place, however, without an editor or a post-production staff, which leads to the following kind of thing. Gilmore Girls is up against ratings juggernaut American Idol, the ratings swatter to Gilmore Girls' fly. Can she possibly fend it off?

"American Idol is like the Nazis marching through Poland," she said. "You just got to let them go. Get out of the way. We're kind of France, going, you know, 'Just don't burn down Paris, that's all we're asking.' "

Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelai on Gilmore Girls, interrupted.

"Is that really the analogy you want to go with?"

"That's how I look at it," Sherman-Palladino said.

Man. Listen to her enough and you get that whole human being vs. journalist debate going - you wish, for her sake, she'd chill out a little bit. But on the journalism front, she is pure gold.

Let's go with the gold.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Lauren Graham & Alexis Bledel E!News Clip

Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel on E!Online 24 Jan 05

The links below are for the clip that aired as part of E!News on 24 Jan.

The clip runs for 13 seconds.

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

Lauren & Alexis E!Online News - 2.2 mB - mpg Format

Lauren & Alexis E!Online News - 2.7 mB - DivX AVI Format

Technical Note: The DivX Format clip has significant improvement in quality at 720 x 480 in size. Anyone wishing to know how to add a DivX codec and DivX Player to their computer, PM me. The software is free and far superior to wmv or mpg files. Applies to Windows and Mac machines.

Last edited by Jet1945; 01-24-2005 at 09:36 PM
Old 01-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Awesome. Thanks for the clip, Jim! And thanks for the heads up, Lex. I don't know how you guys always catch all these cool things. Luckily I live on the west coast so y'all can tell me about them first. hee. Lovin' the articles.

ETA: Just watched it and it's too funny. Alexis swearing is priceless. And then she goes to cover her mouth like "oops"

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 01-24-2005 at 08:41 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread