Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Lizaphile
There's an article on Salon today about how TV teens have changed over the last twenty years today[/url]
Yeah, condescending poo-poo article.

In other news, here is an excerpt from an article from the orlandosentinel.com
Quote:
Gilmore Girls Tuesday was one of the best ever. Sometimes, it has wonderfully witchy lines. Like, Tuesday, the character Paris, a college student who had an affair with one of her much-older profs, tells her friend Rory that now all the older male faculty members are giving her the eye and that she feels like Catherine Zeta-Jones. Zing.
I love when others can appreciate Paris as much as we do.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting all the news.

I love that other people are lovin' Paris. Her comments on the faculty eyeing her had me cracking up.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Wow, the ratings have improved in comparison to past seasons. Which shows was it up against? Which shows is it up against now?

I'm glad GG is doing much better.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by barelylegal
[B]Wow, the ratings have improved in comparison to past seasons. Which shows was it up against? Which shows is it up against now?
8 Simple Rules (which spiked up for awhile partly due to the tragic death of John Ritter) and the Simple Life. I think (but am not sure) NBC had Fear Factor on Tuesday. All around stronger competition last year.

That said.... right about now last year the show really started to bite. Study trees anyone? While perhaps it's naive to think it makes a difference to most people.. it can't hurt that the show itself has improved from the start of last year.

As far as that Salon article. If you want dysfunctional teens. Don't pick on Lane. Look at that poor kid on Nip/Tuck. He's going to need some major counseling for the rest of his life after all he's been through.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 11-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Actually Fear Factor was on Monday’s last season.

Gilmore Girls from September to December was up against Navy CIS on CBS, 8 Simple Rules and I’m With Her on ABC, Whoopi & Happy Family on NBC, One on One and All of Us on UPN and Skin on FOX. Their biggest competition was on FOX, American Idol from January to whenever it ended.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Ahhh. Yes. I remember Happy Family. Great cast. Godawful show. Wasn't Skin on Monday last year?
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 11-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Fear Factor was on in specials during sweeps periods Tuesday nights, about four shows if I recall. Skin was a Monday night show. There wasn't much of anything on Fox last season Tuesday nights before Idol premiered; That 70's Show and Simple Life repeats filled the 8-9 slot between MLB playoffs and AI in January.

Lauren's PCA nomination gets a 'Cheer' in next week's TV Guide . Thanks PCA for changing the nomination process after a boatload of dull winners.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's Lauren Graham's cheer from TV Guide.

Quote:
Cheers to the People's Choice Awards for nominating Gilmore Girl's Lauren Graham for favorite female star. Her hyperverbal work as single mom Lorelai Gilmore often goes overlooked, perhaps because her show airs on the prestige-free WB. But now that the People have spoken, the Emnmys have no choice but to nominate Graham.
Yay, bring on an Emmy.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

In an alternate life she would have already won the Emmy

Cheryl alerted us at the JJ thread that there's a new wallpaper at The WB website.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 11-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls was The WB's top rated show last week coming in at no 72.

Zap2it.com

"Gilmore Girls" posted The WB's highest ratings for the week, grabbing No. 72 with a 4.2/6.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 11-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Not a big deal, but this morning on my way to school I was listening to Howard Stern and some guy on the show said something about how Gilmore Girls beat that billionaire show about the billionaire who does crazy stuff. The guy was like, "it got beaten by Gilmore Girls" and then laughed.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Heh, the radio ad I heard for The Rebel Billionaire this morning called it a hit show. I thought the exact same thing the guy on your radio show said. It got beaten by GG, how big a hit could it be?

Old 11-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Actually I recall Howard Stern being a big fan of Gilmore Girls and being conflicted when it was moved to Tuesday against another favorite, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It is quite nice seeing these reality shows bomb. Gives one hope they'll stop making them. And losing to a WB show is actually a big deal since no WB show ever does that well overall. They just excel at marketable demographics.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gossipcom
"Gilmore Girls" posted The WB's highest ratings for the week, grabbing No. 72 with a 4.2/6.
Wow, really? It used to be third, behind 7th Heaven (yeah, that is ludicrous) and Smallville. But now it's first? Whoo hoo, go GG, and in its fifth season, too! What have ratings for Smallville, Charmed and 7th Heaven been this year?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

I think she meant just for last week and 7th Heaven wasn't on last week. LOTR was on last Monday, so I guess GG beat that. I haven't been keeping up with the other WB shows' ratings this season, but if anyone knows how GG compares, I'd be interested to know.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread