Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'll have to check it out.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It’s no GG, but it’s worth checking out. I like the music they have peppered throughout. You can definitely tell it’s an ASP series. It’s in no way as endearing as GG and the characters have yet to really grab me in but it’s entertaining enough.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Good to know.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
It’s no GG, but it’s worth checking out. I like the music they have peppered throughout. You can definitely tell it’s an ASP series. It’s in no way as endearing as GG and the characters have yet to really grab me in but it’s entertaining enough.
By the last episode I was totally hooked on Susie and Midge's relationship. But if you know GG as well as we do, you will recognize ASP's work in a lot of the scenes. But it's really great!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh really? I've only watched the first 3 episodes at this point. I'm hoping to catch the rest either this week or next when I'm on vacay. Fortunately there are only 8 episodes.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ha! The Gilmore Guys are back!

Sidekick with Matt Mira #11: Emmy Blotnick and The Gilmore Guys | Nerdist
Old 12-22-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the link!
Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

Did you all see this: Gilmore Girls' Amy Sherman-Palladino on The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and why her new comedy goes back to the Fifties - cetusnews

Quote:
“I'm talking to Lauren [Graham]. We're crafting her character… She wants something very specific,” says Sherman-Palladino. It’s news that hadn’t even reached Brosnahan, who happens to be a big Gilmore Girls fan and whose response – “Stop it. What? Amy has not said this to me! That's amazing!” – likely sums up that of all other fans out there. Roll on season two.
I am so happy that they finally won a GG! But I'm glad Amy agrees that Lauren should have won back then as well. But how awesome is it that Lauren will be on Mrs. Maisel!!? I am doing a little dance.

ETA: And this video:

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 01-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's awesome! I still have yet to watch it.

Thanks for the videos. That's what I figured anyway.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Jos and I binged the first season a while ago. It starts out slow, but after a few episodes you really get into it. It isn't as good as Gilmore Girls and I don't feel for the characters as much as I did with GG, but when I tried to see the show as its own I really liked it. It's funny, dramatic and you can see ASP in it for sure. Would be great if Lauren appears in S2!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the heads up on the Gilmore guys, Marinz!

I’d LOVE to see Lauren on TMMM! I’ve got about 4 more episodes to go but I’m with Ingmar in that I enjoy the show but it doesn’t grab me like GG did. The characters aren’t as warm or something?
Old 01-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

i would really love to see the show but I don't have amazon. I am really going to be bummed that I won't be able to see lauren on it but will be happy that others will be able to. Hopefully it will come out on DVD someday
Old 01-11-2018, 04:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
i would really love to see the show but I don't have amazon. I am really going to be bummed that I won't be able to see lauren on it but will be happy that others will be able to. Hopefully it will come out on DVD someday
I'm sure someone could put her fragments on youtube by then
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I'm sure someone could put her fragments on youtube by then
That was going to be my exact comment. I'm sure someone will have it over on the LG board, so don't you worry. And do we know if there are any plans to put Amazon shows onto DVD?
Old 01-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the info about the show, Ingmar and Jen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread