Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Supreme Fan

WB/CW shows are very rarely nominated in any category. I do believe that GG won a makeup Emmy for the Festival of Living Art episode, but that was the only one. Lauren did get nominated for a lead actress Golden Globe for GG the first or second year of the series. I can see why the revival on Netflix didn't get any recognition. I don't think the critics liked it very much and that does make it harder for the actors on the show to get a nomination.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the revival did get mixed reviews. However critics have praised Emily performance so I am surprised she didn't get a nom but oh well
Old 07-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

But individual performances could have been liked/praised and recognized. It's just too bad.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

GILMORE GIRLS: A YEAR IN THE LIFE
Available on DVD and Digital Just in Time for Holiday Gift-Giving on November 28, 2017
Also Available on Blu-rayTM from Warner Archive Collection

BURBANK, CA (August 1, 2017) – We take you back to the nostalgic Stars Hollow for the ultimate revival of the adored series, Gilmore Girls. The coffee-loving, fast-talking, mother and daughter duo are back just as you remembered them as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) releases Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on DVD on November 28, 2017. Take a stroll down memory lane with four 90-minute seasonal chapters, directed, written, and executive produced by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will be priced to own on DVD at $24.98 SRP. The limited series will also be available to own on Digital on November 28, 2017.

To accommodate fan requests, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life is also available on Blu-rayTM courtesy of Warner Archive Collection. The Blu-rayTM release includes the same content as the DVD, and is also arriving November 28, 2017. Warner Archive Blu-ray releases are found at Amazon.com and all online retailers.

Nearly ten years after the original series ended, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life begins, Lorelai still runs the Dragonfly Inn (and chugs coffee like it's water) and Rory, now 32, has experienced some career success. As Rory works through job-related struggles and Lorelai deals with some unresolved issues of her own, Emily Gilmore has been handling the loss of her dear husband, Richard. Emily is at a major crossroads in her life, recently widowed and trying to figure out what to do next. Richard's death forces Emily and Lorelai to finally reexamine their own fraught relationship, which hasn't changed much since the beginning of the series.

“Years after the original series ended and with 6 million DVD units sold, Gilmore Girls continues to have an incredibly loyal fan base. We are thrilled to be able to release this DVD for fans to complete their collections,” said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, Television Marketing. “We will definitely miss our beloved friends from Stars Hollow, but this release will enable us to relive the final moments, laughs and loves of this incredible series over and over again.”

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life stars Lauren Graham (Parenthood), Alexis Bledel (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Kelly Bishop (The Good Wife) and Scott Patterson (Saw V, Saw IV), and Matt Czuchry (The Good Wife). The mini-series also includes special guest appearances by original cast members including Oscar nominee, Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly, Bridesmaids), Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us), Liza Weil (How To Get Away With Murder), Jared Padalecki (Supernatural), Yanic Truesdale (Rumours), Keiko Agena (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) and Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy).

FOUR 90-MINUTE SEASONAL CHAPTERS
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall

ABOUT DIGITAL
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life is also currently available to own on Digital, allowing consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including Amazon Video, CinemaNow, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

http://www.ramascreen.com/gilmore-gi...e-are-details/

Last edited by huntzmore; 08-01-2017 at 11:09 AM
Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yay! Thanks for the info.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes! Thanks so much for the info, I'm SO buying this set! I really hope there will be some special features on it but it doesn't look like it.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda wish the cover would look differenlty, it looks a bit plain to me with the green/blue color above the pics...

Don't expect extras on it.. the original boxes hardly had any cool ones either

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 08-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, true. Meh, it's alright. But what's up with Luke's expression? I'd rather Emily be on the cover with the two Gilmore girls. I'm not expecting much in terms of extra material, but I can always hope.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

For this coming out on dvd! I just hope the cover will be different as well. Don't really like this one. Sure they'll have some better pics?
Old 08-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yeah, true. Meh, it's alright. But what's up with Luke's expression? I'd rather Emily be on the cover with the two Gilmore girls. I'm not expecting much in terms of extra material, but I can always hope.
Emily's on the DVD version of the cover.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ah, okay, that's much better! Thank you!
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
For this coming out on dvd! I just hope the cover will be different as well. Don't really like this one. Sure they'll have some better pics?
my thoughts exactly!

Why is it so hard to do 1 great group pic for things like these!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 08-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
my thoughts exactly!

Why is it so hard to do 1 great group pic for things like these!
I don't know. They probably didn't have everybody somewhere to take a group shot.

I really excepted them to use the Gilmore girls picture from the Graveyard or the car

Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

That first picture is nice, I could see that on a dvd cover?
Or maybe just the promo-shots they made of Lauren and Alexis? The first seven seasons had the two of them on the covers..
Old 08-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
That first picture is nice, I could see that on a dvd cover?
Or maybe just the promo-shots they made of Lauren and Alexis? The first seven seasons had the two of them on the covers...
I think people really mocked the promo shoot. Plus, imo, A year in the life was more about all 3 Gilmore girls than the OS.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread