Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls News Thread

Old Thread

Actress Lauren Graham who stars in the television drama series 'Gilmore Girls' poses as she arrives as a guest for the premiere of the new film 'Friday Night Lights' in Hollywood October 6, 2004. The film, based on author H.G. Bissinger's prize winning book 'Friday Night Lights', is about the 1988 season of the Permain High School Panthers football team of Odessa, Texas. The film stars Billy Bob Thornton (news) and Connie Britton and opens October 8 in the United States. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
Old 10-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Extreme Fan

St. Louis Post Dispatch Article

A general article that contained late info on GG. Apparently - the Pony Express was late getting into St. Louis recently.

Article is here.

Last edited by Jet1945; 10-07-2004 at 09:50 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow, she looks so pretty! Thanks, Xel!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for postng the pics Lauren is beautiful.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

She looks beautiful, but the outfit is not that flattering to her. [ducking from pelted tomatoes]. Honestly, not too fond of the color scheme there, and either non-denim pants would have suited her better with that shirt, or else just a different shirt...

But I'm really loving the hair and her as-always beautiful face.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

I swear that woman's hair grows very fast <g>

She's gone back to the colour of her One True Thing days hence why it suits her even more <g>

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

She's soo pretty in those. Thanks for posting them!

I love her hair this way. I think that she looks so good this season. Possibly her best. I liked early season 4 also. Like in the season premiere of S4, I thought she looked adorable when she was having her convo with Luke about how he got married. I loved her hair then, it sorta looks like that now, too. I also think she's wearing less and less makeup these days. Or they make her look like she is (which probably means she's wearing a lot!)

I wish she would be public with her love life! Although it would suck because of all those people who try to dig, but still I would like to see her at a premiere of awards ceremony with a date!
Old 10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
She looks beautiful, but the outfit is not that flattering to her. [ducking from pelted tomatoes]. Honestly, not too fond of the color scheme there, and either non-denim pants would have suited her better with that shirt, or else just a different shirt...
I don't like the shirt much but I thought maybe it was just AOL's badly compressed graphics.

Thanks for the pictures.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose
I don't like the shirt much but I thought maybe it was just AOL's badly compressed graphics.

Thanks for the pictures.
I think her shirt is supposed to look a bit like a sari (indian wrap, or fabric)...I think it's really pretty!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Is this classic or is this classic?!!

Quote:
Two nice mentions for GG is this week's Entertainment Weekly.

It doesn't make the cover story, "5 Hot TV Shows Worth Watching," but it does get a nod in the sidebar Still On, Still Good.

And in the Television section, there's a half page on the Norman Mailer visit. ASP: "We sent him the outline. He calls and goes, 'I like the story, I think it's very cute. I like the Luke and Lorelai bit.' I'm like, Oh my God, Norman Mailer is saying 'I like the Luke and Lorelai bit!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And in the Television section, there's a half page on the Norman Mailer visit. ASP: "We sent him the outline. He calls and goes, 'I like the story, I think it's very cute. I like the Luke and Lorelai bit.' I'm like, Oh my God, Norman Mailer is saying 'I like the Luke and Lorelai bit!
Well, the man definitely has good taste!!!!

That's pretty awesome.

Hannah

LUKE: You're an amazing woman.
LORELAI: Thank you for noticing.

Fanfiction Entries
Old 10-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Norman Mailer is a Java Junkie. Think we can get him posting here?

Old 10-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Scott Patterson: An October 2004 Interview with Tony Bray

His role on "Gilmore Girls" was only supposed to be temporary, but fans and show producers decided that the actor was the perfect person to keep the "Girls" focused on the real world.

When The WB introduced "Gilmore Girls" in 2000 on October 5, most television critics predicted immediate success for the series because of the fine writing and the two superb actresses who shine as single mother Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her teen daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel). The critics also thought that the show was a natural fit for female viewers but gave it little chance of scoring with the male crowd.

That was their mistake. Scott Patterson proved them wrong. His portrayal of Luke Danes, the head-strong owner of a local diner, scored with men because of his independent style and rugged appearance that made him seem like the perfect friend to share a brew with after a tiring day at work. The ladies in the audience noticed too. So did the series producers who did not originally plan for the talented actor to be in many episodes. That was then, this is now, and Luke and Lorelai are headed for a romantic season number five. Fans of the show will be pleased. They knew that the happy couple would share love one day.

I had a chance to talk with Scott last week about his work on the series and his desire to better the lives of children all over America. On January 22 (2005), he and two-time Olympic medalist Picabo Street will host a celebrity ski challenge at the Park City Mountain Resort in Park City, Utah. All proceeds from the event will benefit National Children's Alliance and the Children's Advocacy Center Programs. The main reason Scott likes being on a hit series is that he gets to use his celebrity status as a way to help kids who need assistance the most. That's why he definitely deserves his time in the spotlight.

"Gilmore Girls" fans will be able to find their favorite show on more than one network this year. ABC Family will start broadcasting the first season on Monday, October 4, in the 5:00 PM time period on weekdays. Scott and the rest of the cast will also be featured during a "Backstage Special" that will debut on ABC Family Sunday, October 3 at 8:00 PM. Men who think that the show is nothing more than a series of mini chick flicks should tune in to find out why they are so wrong.

What was your experience with The Actors Studio?

I am not a member. I auditioned twice. Didn't get in, but they did ask me to become an observer, which is the next step to becoming a member. What that afforded me was the chance to sit in on the twice weekly sessions. They had an acting session -- I believe it was on a Monday or a Tuesday -- and then on a Thursday there was the director's unit that was usually moderated by Arthur Penn. I found it equally, if not more fascinating, than the acting unit.
I was also allowed to audition for and actually became involved with several productions that the Actors Studio was putting on. They have a real professional theater there. I just got very lucky. I don't know why they allowed me to do it, but I certainly wasn't going to question their decision.

The fact that you even got in their front door speaks a lot for your talent level.
I started late in life. I was more interested in writing. I had actually written a play in high school. I was more interested in directing and writing during those years than I was in acting. I was too shy, too withdrawn to ever consider getting out in front of people and acting scenes out. I did eventually get into an acting class and found it to be quite interesting. I gave it six months and thought if I had the talent for it I would stick with it. I found out that indeed I was actually falling in love with it and couldn't consider doing anything else.

You're terrific as Luke in "Gilmore Girls."
Thank you very much. I feel very privileged to be able to play that role. Amy Sherman came into my life and completely transformed it with this character. All kudos to her.

You're the reason I watch the show because your character would be fun to hang out with at a ball game or pool hall.
I've been getting that the last couple of years. Guys have been coming up to me and saying, "you know, it's really not my kind of show. My wife and my daughter got me into watching it. Initially, I was sort of reluctant, but now the only reason I watch it is because of Luke. He's the only character on television that doesn't take crap from anybody."

You don't take it and you don't seem to really care about what they think about the way you dress.
He's definitely the king of his castle, if you want to call it a castle. He's the king of his hut.

Do you think Luke's upcoming romance with Lorelai will force Luke to change.
I really look at it as an opportunity to show a different side of the character and that is always refreshing. I've been playing him for four years now. This is the fifth year and now there are some situations where it would be inappropriate to be so rough. Luke has to display some compassion. He has to display more patience. The challenge is to not lose the thread of the character, which is a little bit of a balancing act, but it's not too tough. I think I can pull it off.

When Luke and Lorelai met in season one, it was easy to sense the chemistry between the two characters.
The pilot script began with Luke's diner and ended with Luke's diner. I was not originally a series regular. They hired me just to be in the pilot. I think they were just wondering how the chemistry would be between Laura and I. They came back for more episodes. Then it sort of grew into this regular series thing very quickly. I don't know if a lot of people know that, but I was not originally a series regular.

Do you get to write much anymore?
No. I don't really do any writing anymore, I don't have time. I'm trying to get some things off the ground as a producer. I'm also working on a charity ski event in Park City in January with Picabo Street. It's The National Children's Alliance. It's for sexually abused children. I also work with the Make a Wish Foundation. I did a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis in Colorado last year. We did great with that. I really enjoy the charity work. I'm always eager to try to help out because I think it's the best use of celebrity.

Can you tell me more about the ski event.
It will take place on January 22nd and January 23rd in Park City, Utah. We are currently seeking corporate sponsorship. Right now we're negotiating with ESPN to televise it. We're trying to get as many celebrities on board as we can. The WB is going to help us out. We'll just see what happens. We'll either have a big deal event or we'll have a smaller event that raises a little bit of money. Either way, it's all good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm also trying to raise money for the new Children's Hospital at Johns Hopkins University. My brother-in-law is head of pediatrics there. He's trying to raise $100 million to build a new Children's Hospital. He has about $65 million. I'm beginning to see the point in being a celebrity, however small a celebrity I am.

I appreciate the great work you're doing for children. They need it.
They sure do. Well, you hang in there man.

Thanks, you too.
All my best to you and yours and take care, Tony. [/i]
Old 10-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, that's such a sweet interview. Thanks so much for posting this.
I think it's really great that he's doing so much charity!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Cotton Candy

Thanks for the article Lex!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread