Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2016, 02:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Just to make clear, I don't think Logan would abandon his child. And I don't think Logan is Chris. Logan is much better than Chris.

However, since the original run of the series I have always thought Chris and Logan were very similar and had very similar vibes. I thought Chris brought out things in Lorelai that Logan brought out in Rory. They both were educated, wealthy, reckless, a little selfish characters and they made their counterparts like that. I think Rory lived a life that Lorelai could have lived with Chris if they had never gotten pregnant.

However, I do think Logan grew up a lot while Chris didn't. I don't appreciate Logan's cheating though. I really hate that still, despite really enjoying him in the revival.
I agree to everything you said

and for Jess giving Rory advice - yes, Rory doesn't seek it but she follows Jess' advice which is I think a says a lot about their relationship. Rory trusts Jess.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Or she depends a bit too much on Jess and not herself? I wish Rory would figure out things out on her own in life?
I mean that's how it works in life, you turn to yourself and what you want in life.
We've only seen Rory rely on others, whether that's Lorelai, Jess or anyone else.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-29-2016, 02:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I think that has been Rory's flaw every since. She's not really independent, when things go hard she goes to her Mom, grandparents, boyfriends etc She doesnt like being alone
Old 11-29-2016, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well she should make her own life choices, every choice has to be yours
I get that it's easy, to depend on how other view the world/your life and their opinions on it and it's easy to rely on other's opinions and make them your own. But they could easily not be yours.. and I think Rory needs to make her own steps forward herself.. Not let Jess or her mother be the ones to always push her forward in life.
It's nice that it sometimes happens... because people should make you grow... but not in the way Rory does it.. People should inspire you by just being there...

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-29-2016, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm mad that they cut scenes of substance for things like the musical.
What's even the point of that musical??????????????????
Old 11-29-2016, 03:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

What's everyone's absolute favorite line from the season? Because, "In the safe, there's an envelope labeled 'body shipping cash'" killed me, but there are some really good ones all the way throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Once a season, Stars Hollow gets so Stars Hollow that Lorelai just can't cope. The musical was our point of absolute Stars Hollowness. If you don't start to think, Oh god, is it still going on, you're actually Taylor.

The hope is that the fact it just keeps going makes you laugh. Clearly that didn't happen for everybody.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Let's hope we get an uncut version on DVD. Seems there was a lot cut.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-29-2016, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
Let's hope we get an uncut version on DVD. Seems there was a lot cut.
Or they could do a Netflix special.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I mean the point was to get to that "unbreakable" song so Lorelai realized she needed to do Wild, basically. But you could've got there other ways.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I mean the point was to get to that "unbreakable" song so Lorelai realized she needed to do Wild, basically. But you could've got there other ways.
Like in a million different ways. Even though Unbreakable was pretty awesome.

Yvonne
Old 11-29-2016, 02:52 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I distinctly recall the scene with Lorelai spying on Dean and saying, "you know, he kind of reminds me of Christopher." (Sorry that just popped into my head, not really sure the point of me bringing it up).
Lorelai comparing Dean to Christopher on season 1 was just her way to express fear of Rory getting knocked up by a boy at 16. There was no other resemlance to Chris whatsoever

Quote:
Maybe, but she didn't do a great job showing it. I'm supposed to buy that Logan is Rory's version of Christopher? Then ASP should prove it not just it in an interview.
Some people didn't buy it, some people saw it years before Amy said anything about it. Just because you didn't see the comparison (and it's logical for you as a Logan fan to avoid comparing him to another characters you don't like) doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Again a weak parallel that doesn't= him being uninvolved with his kid.
No one said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
I think that has been Rory's flaw every since. She's not really independent, when things go hard she goes to her Mom, grandparents, boyfriends etc She doesnt like being alone
She's such a pleaser, she'd take plenty advice that other would think are good for her. But still, she doesn't take just anyone's advice.

Now, about that tumblr rent and the case of the missing scenes.

It's very weird that Alexis said fans would get a definitive answer.

And about Milo's missing scenes, I also remember that was a day of on-location shooting and people said they saw (either tralers or the actual actors) Alexis, Matt, Gregg Henry (thus probably filming the London restaurant scene) but also Lauren, Scott and Milo. Odd.

Also, Milo says where Jess was and is surprised him... I'm not sure if I got it right but when Jess is in the diner with the wifi thing, he's shocked that Luke gave out the password and said "you didn't give me the password the six months that I lived here!". Now, Jess lived in Stars Hollow more than 6 months, and I don't think wifi existed (or at least was that common) in 2002-3... was that supposed to mean that he lived in SH again at some point? Did we miss something?

It's mainly crazy in a storytelling point of view - he got no arc, no story, no nothing. Just scattered bits and pieces.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They could have just showed that last song.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure if I got it right but when Jess is in the diner with the wifi thing, he's shocked that Luke gave out the password and said "you didn't give me the password the six months that I lived here!". Now, Jess lived in Stars Hollow more than 6 months, and I don't think wifi existed (or at least was that common) in 2002-3... was that supposed to mean that he lived in SH again at some point? Did we miss something?
I think it was Amy's way of showing a bit of a backstory for them. Apparently, Jess lived with Luke again for a while. If he did, it was above the diner and before Luke moved in with Lorelai. I thought it was nice to know they had such a good relationship. But yes, Jess' story was very scattered.

Lorelai comparing Dean to Christopher always seemed to me that she felt he looked liked Christopher, not that he had the same character. Logan was a rich boy who lead a reckless life, because he could. Christopher was the same. Of course they are not likw twins, but there are plenty parallels.

Yvonne
Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They could have just showed that last song.
I do agree with this.

Although she was heading in that direction (of need time) with or without the song.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I was surprised Luke even had Wi-fi in the diner!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread