Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherjunkie (View Post)
hahahaha this forum was definitely the social media around at the time...and still is..our ships were not combo terms..much more invested than cutesy marriage names lol

Literati, Balcony Buds, Javajunkies, Stalkers, Narcolepts...people just don't get it..we use our brains and this is the BEST social media around lol still!
Straight up.

If I say something about my JavaJunkie shipper heart and no one understands I know they are new fans
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Not sure where to put this, but I feel I need to say it..so..

Dear Jen, Fuzzycerts, Talula, Cheryl, Lancer..aka Craig...all of you..I mean it was what a really long time ago I came on this board..and some of you were here already.and some joined shortly after..but we all LOVED Gilmore Girls.

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PETITIONS AND HARD WORK AS THE MOST LOYAL FAN BASE LEADERS ON PLANET EARTH EVER...TO GET THAT 8TH SEASON/MOVIE/REBOOT/REUNION WE GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone who hasn't been on this board as long or has been awaiting this show reunion as long or has been a fan as long can understand all the promoting and writing and petitions and pushes you guys put into this to get this thing to happen! I feel gut wrenched when I read hateful or whiny comments on social media. I mean I feel angry. I KNOW the dedication of the moderators and people here who were surmount to this happening...

so in case you didn't hear it enough...or were not told enough..or it wasn't brought up or it was...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Brandy..still young when it started at 26...saw my oldest at 2 with now 18 almost 19 and giving birth to my youngest at age 12..I still remember..hey Brandy aka Anotherjunkie where are you?????? Apparently I missed the season 5 premiere according to fans1b97 Joanna lol...and it was family.

This forum has been a family to me. Thank you so much for the ride! It's been amazing!
Old 11-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherjunkie (View Post)
Not sure where to put this, but I feel I need to say it..so..

Dear Jen, Fuzzycerts, Talula, Cheryl, Lancer..aka Craig...all of you..I mean it was what a really long time ago I came on this board..and some of you were here already.and some joined shortly after..but we all LOVED Gilmore Girls.

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PETITIONS AND HARD WORK AS THE MOST LOYAL FAN BASE LEADERS ON PLANET EARTH EVER...TO GET THAT 8TH SEASON/MOVIE/REBOOT/REUNION WE GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone who hasn't been on this board as long or has been awaiting this show reunion as long or has been a fan as long can understand all the promoting and writing and petitions and pushes you guys put into this to get this thing to happen! I feel gut wrenched when I read hateful or whiny comments on social media. I mean I feel angry. I KNOW the dedication of the moderators and people here who were surmount to this happening...

so in case you didn't hear it enough...or were not told enough..or it wasn't brought up or it was...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Brandy..still young when it started at 26...saw my oldest at 2 with now 18 almost 19 and giving birth to my youngest at age 12..I still remember..hey Brandy aka Anotherjunkie where are you?????? Apparently I missed the season 5 premiere according to fans1b97 Joanna lol...and it was family.

This forum has been a family to me. Thank you so much for the ride! It's been amazing!
Thank you for this. I used to go by genii so I remember all the hard work people put in. I admit I was a sceptic, but it happened and good or bad you guys are a big reason for why we got this.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am here for a very very Long time, not always writing or commenting, but always reading. This is always a nice place to come.
So THANK YOU to all the Moderators and hard workers, and especially for me to Lancer/Craig cause your crazy Internet People page was and is still one of my favorite pages on the whole Internet!!

So here my favorite moments:
- the intro
- Paris in the bathroom
- Kirks movie
- Kirk taking a look at his phone when he received the message from Lorelai
- Emily and Lorelai fight
- Lorelais call to Emily
- Luke's speech
- Jess and Lukes Scenes especially the one where he pulls out the router
- the newspaper drop off
- the LDB Scene especially the beginning not so much the goodbye
- Mr. Kim
- Lane and Zach playing in the secret bar
- Rory and MS Dos
- Rory when she enters the Gilmore mansion and Richard sitting at his desk
- and of course the wedding before the wedding

Lorelai 2x04 - a road trip to Harvard
Old 11-28-2016, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What were everyone's favourite scenes from the revival? I'm putting together a post for Buzzfeed.
The LDB sequence (utter perfection )
Emily taking care of her new "family"
Logan framing one last shot of Rory
Dean and Rory interaction
Paris' bathroom meltdown
You're my pillow
All the random Parenthood cameos
Old 11-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Can we just go through all the beautiful parallels?

(x)

(x)

(x)
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 11:41 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
I was thinking she did it so she didn't have to choose and to not make either side upset. But the no closure thing was awful and made more people upset than if she would have just chosen one.
I think if it weren't for these final 4 words, both teams could've remained hopeful. But once Rory got pregnant, it turned up the volume of Logan's Christopher comparison to the max (you can say you don't see the similarities but these are ASP's words, not mine) and from Rory's talk with her dad you could understand she might not want Logan there to raise the kid; And Jess got handed the amazingly short stick, after spending 15 years in love with a woman who takes his amazing advice constantly but doesn't even seem to notice him, and is now pregnant with another man's child, and even if he's "her Luke" it will mean he will have to keep pining for her, help her raise another man's kid and maybe even give up the great life he's build for himself.

These words were a punch to the gut to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
Understandable, I wanted Logan with Rory haha... but if that wasn't the case I at least wanted him to have a happy ending (even if that was with someone else.) I got a no on that front either 'cause he's not with that person out of love.

I thought Milo would have been in more too.. I also thought he'd appear sooner then he did right now.

I would have been bummed if it were Jess (no offense) haha.. but if the story would have been right and Rory made a clear choice I'd have to live with it, knowing that perhaps Logan was happy too
Yeah, after their goodbye in Fall, even I was rooting for Logan and Rory to get together. Both Logan and Jess didn't get a happy ending. They're both in very different circumstances but both can't be with the one they love (and poor Jess can't move on from it).

Yeah, when Spring ended and no Milo I knew it was a bad sign. I think Amy might have compromised his appearance to leave some budget for the musical and the LDB stint all the (some unnecessary) cameos. She knew she needs to tell the Logan story to get Rory knocked up and she thought she could solve Jess's story with a longing stare, so she did the absolute minimum she possibly could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I thought he was supposed to be in 3 episodes? But that's what I get for listening to IMDb, I knew it wouldn't be accurate until after the revival
Yeah, lots of cast info was eventually wrong, I wonder if some of it was Amy's doing to drive all of us insane.

The weird thing is, it was Milo who said he was in "more than two, less than four" episodes. Therefore, I wonder if they cut out some of his scenes of perhaps he was filming some red herrings and didn't know about it. What a waste of Milo. :/

Quote:
Sidenote: What were everyone's favourite scenes from the revival? I'm putting together a post for Buzzfeed.
I'm trying to recall... some of them may be moments, not really scenes:

1) The opening scene.
2) The first troubadour song.
3) Paris and Rory listening to Hep Alien jam (loved Paris there!)
4) Mr Kim!
5) Rory and Lorelai delivering the Gazette across town (I especially liked the way Rory threw newspapers into cars through their windows ).
6) Emily and Lorelai's montaged therapy session.
7) Jess visiting Rory at the Gazette.
8) Jess throwing Luke's cap away.
9) Paris blocking the toilet door with her foot.
10) Lorelai calling Emily with the story about Richard.
11) Emily's DAR roast.
12) Emily happy in Nantucket.
13) Emily wearing snickers!
14) Luke trying on his suit with Jess complimenting him.
15) Lorelai blowing a kiss at Jess!
16) Jess's gaze through the window.
17) Lorelai texting Kirk during the wedding.
18) Logan and Rory saying goodbye, "just like that".
19) Rory's flashbacks through the Gilmore residence, eventually sitting at Richard's study and writing.

And I love those gif comparisons... although I wonder how many of them are intentional and how many of them are just ASP forgetting she already wrote something once (like calling people Lou. Or the "many parts of the pine tree are edible", and I'm sure there were more).
Old 11-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But once Rory got pregnant, it turned up the volume of Logan's Christopher comparison to the max (you can say you don't see the similarities but these are ASP's words, not mine)
Hers are just words, she didn't portray it.
Is Christopher the person Lorelai called whenever she needed something? No.
Is Christopher the person Lorelai relied on? No.
Is Christopher the person Lorelai couldn't quit? No.
Is Christopher the person giving Lorelai any form of support? No.
And yet Logan was all of that to Rory so I'll never buy that he's her Christopher just because he's rich and blond.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
And I love those gif comparisons... although I wonder how many of them are intentional and how many of them are just ASP forgetting she already wrote something once (like calling people Lou. Or the "many parts of the pine tree are edible", and I'm sure there were more).
I think the second and third were intentional but the first was probably just coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
To play devil's advocate he kind of was the person she couldn't quit until they got married and divorced in S7 (he was always that wonderful possibility for her).
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hers are just words, she didn't portray it.
Is Christopher the person Lorelai called whenever she needed something? No.
Is Christopher the person Lorelai relied on? No.
Is Christopher the person giving Lorelai any form of support? No.
And yet Logan was all of that to Rory so I'll never buy that he's her Christopher just because he's rich and blond.
Finally someone put it down, I am not a Rory+someone shipper, but this is what I think and Rory clearly loves(d) Logan and I am not convinced Lorelai ever loved Christopher that much...

Lorelai 2x04 - a road trip to Harvard
Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To play devil's advocate he kind of was the person she couldn't quit until they got married and divorced in S7 (he was always that wonderful possibility for her).
I thought it was the other way around, Chris couldn't quit Lorelai and she was stuck on her big "what if", like what if they could get their crap together and be with each other? And I felt s7 gave her answer.

Quote:
Finally someone put it down, I am not a Rory+someone shipper, but this is what I think and Rory clearly loves(d) Logan and I am not convinced Lorelai ever loved Christopher that much...
It's nice to hear a non-shipper pov, we shippers always have our shipping googles on so it's good to hear a neutral pov
Old 11-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't miss Madeline and Louise somewhere, did I? I knew better than to expect Lucy and Olivia, but I admit, I felt the lack of the, for lack of a better term, happier girls that contrasted Paris and Rory.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought it was the other way around, Chris couldn't quit Lorelai and she was stuck on her big "what if", like what if they could get their crap together and be with each other? And I felt s7 gave her answer.
I think it was a little bit of both.

Lorelai slept with him while she was broken up from Max in S1. Lorelai also called Chris from her Bachelorette party to Max. Then she was pretty forward towards him in S2 during Rory's coming out until he said he had someone waiting for him. Then he came back to town when things went south with Sherry and they almost got into a relationship. Then post Luke she went to Chris'. There was a bit of her that never really shook him off her mind either.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think it was a little bit of both.

Lorelai slept with him while she was broken up from Max in S1. Lorelai also called Chris from her Bachelorette party to Max. Then she was pretty forward towards him in S2 during Rory's coming out until he said he had someone waiting for him. Then he came back to town when things went south with Sherry and they almost got into a relationship. Then post Luke she went to Chris'. There was a bit of her that never really shook him off her mind either.
I know what you mean, I think it showed that whenever Lorelai felt "scared" in her relationships she went running straight to Chris and that's what I didn't see with Logan and Rory. I could have probably explained what I meant a little better
Old 11-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Aside from that I completely agree with everything else you said regarding the Christopher/Logan comparisons. It's just not there.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread