Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At the end of s7 Logan broke away from his Dad and was going to do his own thing
Old 01-09-2017, 02:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Ten years had passed though, and it makes sense that if he wasn't successful by himself he'd go back to the family. Logan likes his lifestyle.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt there needed to be a explanation I felt Logan folded to much I didn't see that in logan s5-s7. Fanfics gave explained that

Moving on a little from Rory why were LL fans upset of LL possibly doing adoption or surrogacy they'll still have a child
Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Have you seen Milo Ventimiglia's Theory About Rory's Baby Daddy? According to Milo, the baby daddy isn't Jess, Dean, or Logan.

This changes everything.
Paul would definitively be a good father. And would Rory even consider settling down for him?
Well, Wookie could be a father too.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well paul seemed like a sweet guy which is why I was upset that he was treated as a joke. Plus it was OOc of luke to tell a story about his dad to a guy he'll not remember next time. However it's definetly not the Sookie it was like 4 four things ago maybe more and Rory probably couldn't remember the last time she saw Paul. There is no debate on who the dad is
Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Moving on a little from Rory why were LL fans upset of LL possibly doing adoption or surrogacy they'll still have a child
As an L/L fan I was more upset that the conversation of children NEVER came up in the 10 years when it was so obvious that the two both wanted kids. It was hinted at so many times throughout the original series and then all these years went by and they never talked about it. We all wanted to see them with at least one kid in the revival. It was kind of upsetting to see that they were still dealing with the same petty issues from S6.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay yeah I understand the frozen in time concept wasent that good. I
Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I kinda feel like there was no way Lorelai and Luke could have had a child. I think what made the "Mum, I'm pregnant" ending work was that it's kinda the natural way to end their story - changing the dynamic so that it's not longer "just" Lorelai/Rory at the core = no more "Gilmore girls".

My initial reaction after the ending was that those 4 words were supposed to be or at least could have been Lorelai's (ie Lorelai being the one who was pregnant) had it ended after an ASP season 7. But after reading interviews with ASP it seems that it was always the intention to have them be Rory's. With Rory being pregnant you did get the kinda full circle/history repeating dynamic that you wouldn't have had it been lorelai.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
I kinda feel like there was no way Lorelai and Luke could have had a child. I think what made the "Mum, I'm pregnant" ending work was that it's kinda the natural way to end their story - changing the dynamic so that it's not longer "just" Lorelai/Rory at the core = no more "Gilmore girls".
I think you would still get that dynamic if Lorelai started a family with Luke. Rory would no longer be Lorelai's only child that would change a lot things. Honestly, I wouldn't have cared as much if ASP hadn't been planting that in our heads. L/L had that conversation about having kids with the right person and how that'd be nice in like S3 (at the dance marathon) before they were even together. Then Luke wanted to buy the Twickham house so they could fill it with their own kids. Then Lorelai (pre-ultimatum) talked about how she wanted another kid (with Luke) and she was tired of waiting. So it's something that ASP constantly brought up. It's not surprising that we all kind of expected it to become a reality. Let's not forget the dream where Lorelai was pregnant with Luke's twins.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Exactly Melissa.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)

My initial reaction after the ending was that those 4 words were supposed to be or at least could have been Lorelai's (ie Lorelai being the one who was pregnant) had it ended after an ASP season 7. But after reading interviews with ASP it seems that it was always the intention to have them be Rory's. With Rory being pregnant you did get the kinda full circle/history repeating dynamic that you wouldn't have had it been lorelai.
Even after the show ended I was sure the final words would involve a pregnant Rory. Knowing Amy's writing style I knew she'd end the show full circle. Lorelai having another child would have been nice, but it wouldn't have given the same full circle feeling imo. I'm glad they went this route in the end. I know it's somewhat unrealistic because L/L talked about kids so much, but in the end I just wanted Rory to be an only child. I wanted that core dynamic to be there...always. Rory being pregnant made more sense, plus it doesn't change the Rory/Lorelai dynamic at all. It's not the end of the ''Gilmore Girls'', cause I bet (in my mind), Rory will have a girl aswell, making the title all the more relevant imo. We know Lorelai/Rory will always be close and that Lorelai (and Emily) will be important to the upbringing of Rory's child. The title is now more relevant than ever imo.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)

I think that Logan's relationship with Odette is a deeply orchastrated business-spawned relationship and therefore, I think it's probably backed up legally. Once they're married Logan will probably be locked down with the mother of all prenups and I wouldn't think it would be farfetched for their engagement to be somehow contracted. Logan breaking off the engagement would probably have serious ramifications on the family business so I wouldn't be so quick to think he'd throw everything away so quickly. If he could, he would, even without a baby in the picture. Breaking up with Odette because he made a baby while cheating on her would probably bring on serious consequences, therefore I think he will stay with Odette, not tell anyone in his family about the baby and make as many "business trips" to the US as possible, plus make sure to financially take care of Rory and the kid.
About not telling anyone in his family about the baby: We are all forgetting something very important in GG - maybe the main dynamic of the series.

I am talking about Emily's controlling nature. She wouldn't ask Rory for permission (she always meddled in Lorelai's private matters without permission). She would just confront Logan's family and Odette's family. She would make a scandal. She would want Logan for Rory.

What would they do? I don't know. We are in the 21st Century, but if Odette in pregnant or even if they are married... it might not change anything. But if they are not yet... Odette might be sick of it...
Old 02-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Any word if their will be a 2nd season it will be interesting to how Rory handles being pregnant. How and L& L help her as well.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nope. Haven't heard anything. I would like to see that as well.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I kinda feel like there was no way Lorelai and Luke could have had a child.
I agree. It would have been way more natural if it had happened in the original series. But it would have been weird if they had gotten a kid now. I mean, come on, Lorelai is almost 50.

I honestly don't know what Emily would do if she found out Logan is Rory's baby daddy. She might just be far more supportive than she ever was of Lorelai.

I still think there will be a second season.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Closed Thread   Post New Thread