Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, Lorelai shouldn't have gone to Chris, that was not right, but I understand her making that mistake because she wanted an escape, emotionally speaking. Chris was ultimately wrong, in that he preyed on her emotional vulnerability and took advantage of her. I ultimately blame him if there's someone to blame.

I do wonder what ASP was thinking there? I was hoping she'd divulge that at the reunion but nope.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still this the blame must be shared, she went to Chris so must share the blame in what happened next. But I do believe Chris was wrong in taking advantage of the situation.

Lorelai could/should have gone home and had a good cry or like Rory said "You know what, mom? If you're heartbroken, rent "An Affair to Remember," have a good cry, and drown your sorrows in a pint of ice cream. You get a hideously unflattering breakup haircut. You don't sleep with dad."
Old 09-07-2015, 04:05 AM
Supreme Fan

I think they share the blame too. Lorelai was hurt, but I don't think she went there with the intention to just ''talk'', or anything. She wanted to escape and I do think...deep down..she knew what would happen if she went to Chris. If she really wanted to talk with someone (which she obviously wasn't in the mood for) she'd have called Rory or she would have gone to Sookie.

That said..Chris must have realised how vulnerable she was and he took advantage of the situation. I'm sure she wasn't forced, but he should have knew better too. He should have called Rory, or Sookie to tell them Lorelai was hurt and needed someone else than him. It wasn't a secret that he has always loved Lorelai at some level, so it was no surprise he would take the chance if he'd even got one and I'm sure he thought this was his chance.

So yeah, they were both wrong, aswell as Luke. There was not a person involved who was without any flaws that night. I'm just glad Luke and Lorelai eventually fixed things and got together again. I still loved S7, but I didn't really enjoy the Lorelai/Chris marriage, since I knew how it started (that night) and because I have always disliked Chris. I don't think Lorelai ever loved him so much as she did Luke.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree the best thing Chris could have done was call Rory regardless of what was happening with her and Logan at the time.

There will always be debate as to whether there was indeed an alternate version of the season final shot, one where he doesn't get into bed with Lorelai. I've never heard concrete proof that happened or if it was a fantasy created by fans of the show.

Either way the heart break came the next morning whit Luke realizing he screwed up and going to Lorelai.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree that everyone is to blame. It just was bad timing on Luke's part. If only he would have realized what he wanted sooner, before he let Lorelai walk away.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:10 AM
New Fan

I really don't like my topic got closed; http://www.fanforum.com/f56/my-9th-g...atch-63157200/
Because I was gonna make summaries of each single episode, and they would not fit in a topic like this, because I want to be able to find them back, and if I start posting them in here it will just get messy. So, thanks..
Old 09-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You could post in the rewatch thread here if you want. We started that thread years ago when we were gonna do a rewatch. But that would be a good thread to post your summaries.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yeah, Lorelai shouldn't have gone to Chris, that was not right, but I understand her making that mistake because she wanted an escape, emotionally speaking. Chris was ultimately wrong, in that he preyed on her emotional vulnerability and took advantage of her. I ultimately blame him if there's someone to blame.

I do wonder what ASP was thinking there? I was hoping she'd divulge that at the reunion but nope.
I think that part was highly rumored as ASP's last FCK!YOU to the network, giving the new writing staff that awful storyline to deal with
Old 09-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiTotoLover (View Post)
I really don't like my topic got closed; http://www.fanforum.com/f56/my-9th-g...atch-63157200/
Because I was gonna make summaries of each single episode, and they would not fit in a topic like this, because I want to be able to find them back, and if I start posting them in here it will just get messy. So, thanks..
Hehe, I just copied your message over to the rewatch thread, that's the perfect thread for it, so don't you worry. I hope you haven't left the board because I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts and summaries, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I think that part was highly rumored as ASP's last FCK!YOU to the network, giving the new writing staff that awful storyline to deal with
Yeah, that's also a rumor and I make a rule of taking rumors with a grain of salt. I would've liked to have heard her feelings directly, ya know what I mean? From the horse's mouth as they say.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Having just watched the scene where Emily is showing Lorelai the house they plan on buying for Lorelai and Luke I hate to say it but Emily was right. Earlier in the season she told Lorelai she needed to take action when it come to Luke and April but as we saw she barely said anything to Luke and in fact hid for Luke for most of the last 2 eps of S6.

Yes Luke wanted to do things his way but how many times did we see him ask Lorelai if she was okay with things? Of course we all know what happened next and I put most of the blame down to Lorelai. Luke did change his attitude after the ultimatum, just a shame is was 12 hours too late and Lorelai screwed things up between them.

Sorry but I'm back to where I was at the end of S6 putting most of the blame on Lorelai, she didn't say anything and she slept with Chris. Luke needed time with April, just like Lorelai needed time with Rory early in the season, but Lorelai needed to let Luke know just how she felt without sleeping with someone else hours later.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Changing topic a bit, just watching Playing House (good show) and in S02E07 they use the same room as used in 'Presenting Lorelai Gilmore' for the débutante ball and 'Wedding Bell Blues' for the wedding.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

For those of you rewatching recently or who - like me - stick episodes on regularly, what has surprised you? What, on the fourth or thirtieth viewing of an episode leapt out at you this time?

Because I absolutely forgot that Kirk drove a fancy car straight into Luke's. Everything else I remember, like Rory and the model rocket, Lorelai sorting her stuff and her neighbor's underwear. But Taylor's car going through the window? Complete surprise this time and put a silly smile on my face.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Changing topic a bit, just watching Playing House (good show) and in S02E07 they use the same room as used in 'Presenting Lorelai Gilmore' for the débutante ball and 'Wedding Bell Blues' for the wedding.
Nice eye!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Didn't they use that room for the Chilton Dance as well?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Didn't they use that room for the Chilton Dance as well?
Was that the dance in S1 with Dean?

Yeah forgot about that one. Must be a location in LA studios use a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t hedge coke (View Post)
For those of you rewatching recently or who - like me - stick episodes on regularly, what has surprised you? What, on the fourth or thirtieth viewing of an episode leapt out at you this time?

Because I absolutely forgot that Kirk drove a fancy car straight into Luke's. Everything else I remember, like Rory and the model rocket, Lorelai sorting her stuff and her neighbor's underwear. But Taylor's car going through the window? Complete surprise this time and put a silly smile on my face.
I seem to remember the car crash, I think at the time we noted how they put ramps up to the floor level (Nothing is real in Hollywood) or the car probably would have come to a crash with just it's nose in the wall/window.

Not good quality but here is the clip from 7.01 "The Long Morrow" not a very good day for Luke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmi3dUNq9k4

Last edited by lancer1993; 09-11-2015 at 08:15 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread