Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucycat (View Post)
I agree, Luke wasn't intentionally being a jerk but the person who usually calls him on his behavior, Lorelai, was not herself either. The episode where Luke finds out about April was just on ABC Family today. The scene right before was when Luke told Lorelai no secrets, and then they make a hypocrite out of him. It was just so upsetting.

And, with my earlier comment about Lane, I didn't mean to imply that she wouldn't still be a musician in later life, I just didn't like that she, and what seemed like every other person on the show got pregnant (Lane, Liz, Sookie). I'm surprised they didn't knock up Lulu, too. Tho, a Kirk/Lulu wedding would have been fun to see!
Yeah, they both were acting not like themselves, that was frustrating to watch.

Haha, a lot of them did get pregnant, didn't they? Oh goodness, the thought of Kirk being a father is just scary to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s30480 (View Post)
Many viewers are not patient lol so they have to speed up
it was right he was fighting for April, it was not his fault he couldnt be there for her..
and it lead to a very touchy moment for me - to whom it may concern...
No, you're right there, they speed up a lot of cases to not lose the audience. If only it were like that in RL! Aww, that letter was a highlight of that season, for sure!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Same with Rory's court case, that was probably done quicker that usual, too. Also, another thing that bugged me... what was Logan's punishment for that crime? Rory got 300 hours community service for accessory. There was never any mention of what Logan got, and he's the one who actually stole the yacht! Realistically, he probably should have gotten jail time since Yacht theft is probably a felony and he had priors, but it all seemed swept under the rug. Logan was his usual party boy self, going back to Yale and going on trips with his friends and Rory is picking up liter on the side of the road.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^^ I know. I never liked the fact that Logan got off scot-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s30480 (View Post)
Many viewers are not patient lol so they have to speed up
it was right he was fighting for April, it was not his fault he couldnt be there for her..
and it lead to a very touchy moment for me - to whom it may concern...
Yes. Loved Lorelai's letter for Luke.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I guess it was assumed that Logan got off cuz of his Daddy footing the bail?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I know the Huntzburgers have lots of money, but so does Richard and Emily. Maybe Mitchum bribes judges or something, but I'd think Logan should have had the same judge Rory had, since it was the same crime. And her judge was tough and took no nonsense for self-indulged rich kids, which Logan is, and Rory is not. Logan should have gotten more, or at least the same, as Rory.

And who knows, maybe he did, but they never showed Logan doing any community service, or even mentioning having to pay any large fines. The other idea is that the Huntzburgers knew the people who owned the yacht, so Mitchium got the charges dropped against Logan. But if that was the case, you'd think Logan would also insist of Rory's charges being dropped as well.

Oh well, Since it was never explained, it's all speculation.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Right. We don't know what could've happened offscreen so I don't get too hung up over it.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Y'know, I don't think I really thought about it the first couple times I watched the series, it was just the most recent re-watch that I've picked up on things like that, that were never resolved on screen and it bugged me.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucycat (View Post)
I know the Huntzburgers have lots of money, but so does Richard and Emily. Maybe Mitchum bribes judges or something, but I'd think Logan should have had the same judge Rory had, since it was the same crime. And her judge was tough and took no nonsense for self-indulged rich kids, which Logan is, and Rory is not. Logan should have gotten more, or at least the same, as Rory.

And who knows, maybe he did, but they never showed Logan doing any community service, or even mentioning having to pay any large fines. The other idea is that the Huntzburgers knew the people who owned the yacht, so Mitchium got the charges dropped against Logan. But if that was the case, you'd think Logan would also insist of Rory's charges being dropped as well.

Oh well, Since it was never explained, it's all speculation.
I definetly agree. Rory should have gotten Logan's lawyers like Logan mentioned in 5.22. I think Logan probably got 20 hours which is what Rory lawyer tried to get for her. It's hard because we had a time skip. I don't blame Logan for that it's the writers. I also hate that Lorelai didn't come to her trial maybe Rory would have gotten a lesser sentence.

It was Rorys idea to steal the yacht. Sorry I just don't like Logan getting all the blame
However, you can always watch the Goodwife this year and pretend it's Logan
I wonder if Richard was successful at suing the lawyer.

Cases on TV shows with the exception of law shows are pretty fast. Cause nobody on TV would watch 12 episodes of a custody case

Last edited by fox24; 05-01-2015 at 05:30 PM
Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I know what you mean, Lucy. I don't like when things aren't resolved either.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Whats the April post score?

Lorelai 2x04 - a road trip to Harvard
Old 05-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

You can check that in the Post Count thread. We did pretty good.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad we still do well
Old 05-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Yeah me too.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Post Count thread???

Lorelai 2x04 - a road trip to Harvard
Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Master Fan