Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2019, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...tv-adaptation/

Doesn't seem like we will get anymore episodes any time soon.
Oh, that's awesome! Gives me another book to read.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

our show was on Jeopardy again tonight

Quote:
$200

On this series, Lorelai & Rory lived in the quirky town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut
Old 06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
our show was on Jeopardy again tonight
Nice!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool
Old 06-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...tv-adaptation/

Doesn't seem like we will get anymore episodes any time soon.
Good for them!

I don't even know if I'd really want new episodes. I'll never say no, but the ending really sattisfied me. Maybe in ten years, or so? An older Lorelai and Rory sending her kid to Chilton? That'd be a nice revival imo. I don't know if the period before (the first 10-12 years of the childs life) would really be a joy to watch? It could be combined with Emily's final months...Lorelai saying goodbye to her mother, etc.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Good for them!

I don't even know if I'd really want new episodes. I'll never say no, but the ending really sattisfied me. Maybe in ten years, or so? An older Lorelai and Rory sending her kid to Chilton? That'd be a nice revival imo. I don't know if the period before (the first 10-12 years of the childs life) would really be a joy to watch? It could be combined with Emily's final months...Lorelai saying goodbye to her mother, etc.
I totally agree with you, Ingmar.

And wow, that would be an interesting spinoff.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That would definitely be interesting.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Good for them!

If they do more, I hope it still ends with as much possibility for the future. I don't want it tied off with some defining event.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t hedge coke (View Post)
If they do more, I hope it still ends with as much possibility for the future. I don't want it tied off with some defining event.
That's why I liked the ending of the revival. The show came full circle, but you just know these characters are still living their life somewhere.

I wouldn't want another revival to end with a neat little bow either. But I don't consider Emily dying a big event tbh. But it could be used as a big full circle moment (for that revival - just like Rory's pregnancy in the last revival). To show Lorelai/Emily's last interactions...show Lorelai's and Rory's struggles. It would give all actresses some amazing story imo. I don't know why that would mean there wouldn't be much possibilities for the future? They would still be out there living their life (just like they are now).
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Almost at the end of a full Year in the Life rewatch, and yes, it's nearly one a.m., but I almost fell off the stool when Luke, desperate to keep Lorelai, still thinks he has to have sex with one of the surrogates (and, obviously, I knew it was coming). But, the Stars Hollow musical really jumped out at me this time, and the actual musical choices of Rory's magical mystery tour the next episode, in terms of just how thematically tied to Lorelai and Rory they are. The musical is there for Lorelai to get frustrated with, but it also makes her feel separate from her Stars Hollow peeps, and everything on stage just glows with relevance for her, from the spinning stages and possible bed-hopping, to the ahistoric nature and potential pointlessness and restaging parts of an ill-fitting play written in youth.

(And, I lectured on organic prop, earlier, so nice to see Rory's portrait, the drink carts, etc, all rolled out for them and us. The revival gets flack for being filler or haphazard, but they're really tight episodes.)
Old 06-28-2019, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I’m just thankful you’ve seen the purpose behind the musical because everyone and their mother hated it. I actually liked it because I’m a massive Sutton fan but I do feel it could’ve been a tad shorter and gotten the same point across.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I’m just thankful you’ve seen the purpose behind the musical because everyone and their mother hated it. I actually liked it because I’m a massive Sutton fan but I do feel it could’ve been a tad shorter and gotten the same point across.
It definitely could have been shorter, but dragging on kind of does make it funnier to me, especially when Lorelai assumes it's over and nope still going.

If it had been town regulars playing the roles, I wonder who it would have been? The comedy gets kinda lost if you cast Kirk.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh, really? I think Kirk is hilarious!
Old 06-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by t hedge coke (View Post)
It definitely could have been shorter, but dragging on kind of does make it funnier to me, especially when Lorelai assumes it's over and nope still going.
I agree it could’ve been shorter, but Lorelai’s annoyance with it was great. And that no one else agreed with her.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually didn’t find it that long the second time I re-watched it compared to another long musical sequence

Babette and Miss Patty would’ve been fun

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 06-29-2019 at 07:08 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread