Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2020, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
we’re arguing about boyfriend teams in the chat rn which I started lol
Well, I don't think I would've loved to have been a part of that.

Shelly Cole's scavenger hunt sounds like fun! Enjoy the Fest today!
Old 10-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the writer’s room/casting panels

BTS panel was great too

and the costume panels

some of the stuff is pre-recorded

I also got to video chat with a fan today (we also talked about Maisel)

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-17-2020 at 03:00 PM
Old 10-17-2020, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I’m glad you enjoyed it. And I can imagine it was cool to video chat.

Quote:
just finished watching this scavenger hunt that Shelly Cole aka Madeline hosted
Oh, fun!
Old 10-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I really enjoyed the writer’s room/casting panels

BTS panel was great too

and the costume panels

some of the stuff is pre-recorded

I also got to video chat with a fan today (we also talked about Maisel)
I always enjoy writer's room panels. They're my favorite part of ATX Fest.

Aww, that's great you got to video chat with a fellow fan! That's always the best part of these fan festivals, meeting other people who just GET IT.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

in a late night video chat session rn with other fans
Old 10-19-2020, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
in a late night video chat session rn with other fans
Aww! Bring ‘em on over here! What are y’all discussing?
Old 10-19-2020, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think what was more unique this time around was that there were more international fans who wouldn’t usually be able to attend in person

I didn’t turn on my video cause it was past midnight but it was fun even just typing in the chat

was the youngest there but everybody was really cool

yeah I stayed up for over 3 hours chatting until 3 am for me which was insane but it was worth it

well for like the last hour it was mostly just 4 of us but at the beginning it was like 8 or 9 of us

pretty much talked about anything and everything - at the very end we kind of ran out of things to talk about so we ended up talking about Kirk’s many jobs and how some of them shouldn’t count b/c they were attempted

on the virtual fan fest platform they had like different chat room sessions that were named after different places on the show so we were hanging out in Truncheon Books because we’re all Jess fans

we also talked about Lane’s guys, Lorelai’s other guys, other shows we watch including Maisel, Gilmore food (somebody has made Santa burgers before)...I’m definitely forgetting things

I told them about our board here and sent a link but the site looked confusing to them (another person in the chat said it gave her nostalgia to see an old message board like ours)

there were some fellow Texans and I mentioned you and told them you weren’t able to make it this weekend

one person from TX is watching the show with her 10-year-old daughter who’s watching for the first time

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-19-2020 at 12:38 PM
Old 10-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I think what was more unique this time around was that there were more international fans who wouldn’t usually be able to attend in person

I didn’t turn on my video cause it was past midnight but it was fun even just typing in the chat

was the youngest there but everybody was really cool

yeah I stayed up for over 3 hours chatting until 3 am for me which was insane but it was worth it

well for like the last hour it was mostly just 4 of us but at the beginning it was like 8 or 9 of us

pretty much talked about anything and everything - at the very end we kind of ran out of things to talk about so we ended up talking about Kirk’s many jobs and how some of them shouldn’t count b/c they were attempted

on the virtual fan fest platform they had like different chat room sessions that were named after different places on the show so we were hanging out in Truncheon Books because we’re all Jess fans

we also talked about Lane’s guys, Lorelai’s other guys, other shows we watch including Maisel, Gilmore food (somebody has made Santa burgers before)...I’m definitely forgetting things

I told them about our board here and sent a link but the site looked confusing to them (another person in the chat said it gave her nostalgia to see an old message board like ours)

there were some fellow Texans and I mentioned you and told them you weren’t able to make it this weekend

one person from TX is watching the show with her 10-year-old daughter who’s watching for the first time
Oh, that's great to have even more international fans able to join in on the fanfest joy. There was one woman I met traveling with her daughter from Australia JUST FOR THE FANFEST. They were flying back that Sunday evening. I couldn't believe they'd go to that much trouble and expense and jet lag over such a short weekend. True dedication right there.

Someone actually WANTED to make a Santa burger????

Aww, thanks for putting the word out there. Who knows, maybe one of them will get up the nerve to join us. I HATED to miss it. Especially since it would've been so much cheaper attending a virtual event like this vs. having to make the actual trip to CT.

I would've loved to have met the fellow Texans! I'm so happy you were able to chat into the night with them.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow impressive

she posted a picture of the Santa burgers

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-05-2021 at 01:10 AM
Old 10-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That is so crazy but I love it!
Old 10-22-2020, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

A true Gilmore fan.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

There are some super dedicated ones out there, for sure.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm not sure how good they taste though. Hmm. I like very little condiments on my burgers.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Just the thought of cream cheese on a meat patty is
Old 11-21-2020, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

she said that she used goat’s cheese in her caption so I think that’s better and I think she said they tasted good

started joining the Friday night Zoom chat sessions with the group of fans I met at Fan Fest and we had a lot of fun last night

they did some unboxing of Gilmore merch and there was a dance party going on
Closed Thread   Post New Thread