Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2020, 01:18 PM
Supreme Fan

It has to be posted in this topic, right?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
We can if y’all would like to?
I think that could be fun!
I am an original”
Old 09-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
It has to be posted in this topic, right?
Yes. OR you could PM me and I could post it in our celebration thread when it's up.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want to use Oy with the poodles
Old 09-23-2020, 03:41 AM
Supreme Fan

''The first time I saw an episode of Gilmore Girls is a long time ago. My sister was watching it casually and I had nothing else to do, so decided to watch the episode aswell. My love for TV started with Gilmore Girls. It was the first show I watched in full. I didn't have the most happy childhood and Gilmore Girls always managed to make me feel sane. It made me happy. It didn't matter if I was happy or sad; the show always made me feel better. To this day it's the only show I watched more than 2 times in total. It has become a tradition in our house to rewatch the series every year. Surprisingly it never gets boring. Hell, we even used the intro song of the show for our wedding; it played when we were entering the room where we got married, with all the guests seated. The music fitted perfectly; it finished when we arrived at our seats, like the song was made for that moment. Making the show even more special.''

This is mine
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's nice, Ingmar. I love that you used 'Where You Lead' for your wedding.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

what’s your thought on custom titles Lindsay?
Old 09-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I want to use Oy with the poodles
That sounds fine to me.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
That sounds fine to me.
Is everyone good with this one?
Old 09-30-2020, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That’s fine with me!
I am an original”
Old 10-01-2020, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh that sounds cool..! Can I have it as well?
Old 10-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is quite random but my relationship with Gilmore Girls started back when I was in either 9th or 10th grade (so about 2-3 years after the original series ended) and it was mentioned along with Alexis in one of the textbooks for my Spanish class. The first thing I ever saw with a cast member in it (not as a voice actor - for that that would probably be Keiko on Kim Possible) was Lauren in The Pacifier back when I was 10 but I didn’t really know who she was at the time. I wasn’t aware of the show back then when it was still on the air because I wasn’t aware of The WB channel at the time and was definitely still watching Disney Channel well into middle school.

I kind of forgot about the show being mentioned and wouldn’t come across Gilmore Girls again until about 6 years later when the revival came out and I saw it all over Netflix (and Twitter I think) and was like, “Why does everyone like this show so much?” (yes that was an actual thought in my head at one point believe it or not). Not too long after that I started seeing a lot of Jess/Literati gifsets on Tumblr blogs I follow (which is honestly a big part of how/why I start shipping certain couples) and I became more intrigued especially when they were being compared to another huge OTP of mine (Dan/Blair from Gossip Girl).

My first real time watching part of an episode was when I went over to my cousin’s house in the middle of the afternoon (I actually have the exact date cause I re-blogged a Literati gifset on that day - June 25, 2017) and I was flipping channels and caught a re-run episode on ABC Family I believe (I don’t have cable at my house - I haven’t had it for almost 10 years now). It was Here Comes the Son and this was the first episode I ever saw a substantial part of. I still remember watching the scenes with Miss Celine, Paris/Lorelai, and some of Jess in Venice Beach (I left before the “I have nothing” scene with him and Jimmy) for the first time like it was yesterday. This episode will always hold a special place in my heart because it was like I said the first episode of the show I watched a substantial part of.

Later that summer in August I began watching a ton of Literati clips on YouTube (I literally stayed up doing this one night) and the rest is history. I officially began watching the show in August of 2017 on Netflix and my life has never been the same since then. I finally understood why people love this show so much. This show has given me two of my biggest TV show OTPs, some of my favorite TV show characters, and introduced me to this amazing community of fans. I feel like I was really able to relate to Rory and her college life (as someone who was in college at the time and was about to graduate soon with my BS degree) with the whole future being uncertain towards the end of season 7.

I have also become aware of a lot of amazing music with this show. Amy and Dan really are good at picking the soundtrack for this show. For me what makes this show so special are the memorable characters along with the talented cast who bring them to life and this world that Amy and Dan created in this cozy Connecticut town of Stars Hollow. The trademark fast-paced dialogue and pop culture references ingrained into that dialogue were also unlike that of any show I had seen up to that point. Even though I only first started watching it 3 years ago I consider this show to be one of my favorites (my go-to comfort show) and it definitely feels like coming back home every time I watch an episode.

*welp* I wrote a mini-essay - I didn’t realize how long this ended up becoming

Will you be posting these testimonials in the OP of the celebration thread Jen?

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-01-2020 at 10:08 PM
Old 10-02-2020, 06:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
This is quite random but my relationship with Gilmore Girls started back when I was in either 9th or 10th grade (so about 2-3 years after the original series ended) and it was mentioned along with Alexis in one of the textbooks for my Spanish class. The first thing I ever saw with a cast member in it (not as a voice actor - for that that would probably be Keiko on Kim Possible) was Lauren in The Pacifier back when I was 10 but I didn’t really know who she was at the time. I wasn’t aware of the show back then when it was still on the air because I wasn’t aware of The WB channel at the time and was definitely still watching Disney Channel well into middle school.

I kind of forgot about the show being mentioned and wouldn’t come across Gilmore Girls again until about 6 years later when the revival came out and I saw it all over Netflix (and Twitter I think) and was like, “Why does everyone like this show so much?” (yes that was an actual thought in my head at one point believe it or not). Not too long after that I started seeing a lot of Jess/Literati gifsets on Tumblr blogs I follow (which is honestly a big part of how/why I start shipping certain couples) and I became more intrigued especially when they were being compared to another huge OTP of mine (Dan/Blair from Gossip Girl).

My first real time watching part of an episode was when I went over to my cousin’s house in the middle of the afternoon (I actually have the exact date cause I re-blogged a Literati gifset on that day - June 25, 2017) and I was flipping channels and caught a re-run episode on ABC Family I believe (I don’t have cable at my house - I haven’t had it for almost 10 years now). It was Here Comes the Son and this was the first episode I ever saw a substantial part of. I still remember watching the scenes with Miss Celine, Paris/Lorelai, and some of Jess in Venice Beach (I left before the “I have nothing” scene with him and Jimmy) for the first time like it was yesterday. This episode will always hold a special place in my heart because it was like I said the first episode of the show I watched a substantial part of.

Later that summer in August I began watching a ton of Literati clips on YouTube (I literally stayed up doing this one night) and the rest is history. I officially began watching the show in August of 2017 on Netflix and my life has never been the same since then. I finally understood why people love this show so much. This show has given me two of my biggest TV show OTPs, some of my favorite TV show characters, and introduced me to this amazing community of fans. I feel like I was really able to relate to Rory and her college life (as someone who was in college at the time and was about to graduate soon with my BS degree) with the whole future being uncertain towards the end of season 7.

I have also become aware of a lot of amazing music with this show. Amy and Dan really are good at picking the soundtrack for this show. For me what makes this show so special are the memorable characters along with the talented cast who bring them to life and this world that Amy and Dan created in this cozy Connecticut town of Stars Hollow. The trademark fast-paced dialogue and pop culture references ingrained into that dialogue were also unlike that of any show I had seen up to that point. Even though I only first started watching it 3 years ago I consider this show to be one of my favorites (my go-to comfort show) and it definitely feels like coming back home every time I watch an episode.

*welp* I wrote a mini-essay - I didn’t realize how long this ended up becoming

Will you be posting these testimonials in the OP of the celebration thread Jen?
Love this
Old 10-02-2020, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thank you everyone for your testimonials! I LOVED reading them all! A little hiccup happened with my family this week and the celebration has been postponed a bit. By the end of this week we’ll have the thread up. Many apologies for the delay.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread