Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2021, 11:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

ANNA

DOPEY

the real reason I bumped this is because I can't really see how Paris gets so much love, she's awful to Rory much more than she's nice to her. she's awful to everyone. imo, there's not much good about her. even in the revival she annoyed me. people hate Logan but she's not that far off from him, he's way better.

also, Emily and Richard are terrible people to everyone who isn't Rory and sometimes Lorelai. the way they treat Luke is disgusting and Emily is still like that in the revival.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

I loathe the way, Emily especially, treats Luke. They can not see past the whole classisim thing and so treat him like he's dirt. They refuse to see what an amazing man he is and everything he does for Lorelai.... while they continues to try shove Chris on Lorelai, just because he's Rory's bio dad. Chris gets a pass on being a garbage person just because of his family's wealth and status.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

"Chris gets a pass on being a garbage person just because of his family's wealth and status."

Yes, that's unfortunate. I do think Emily treats Luke better in the revival. But that's just my opinion.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, by the revival she does treat him better. But there's still this sort of looking down on him thing going I feel.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I really need to rewatch the revival because I felt Emily had come to terms with and accepted Luke.

I couldn’t stand Jason, he annoyed the hell out of me! I would’ve rather seen Max back than seeing Lorelai try to make it work with a guy like Jason.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I really need to rewatch the revival because I felt Emily had come to terms with and accepted Luke.

I couldn’t stand Jason, he annoyed the hell out of me! I would’ve rather seen Max back than seeing Lorelai try to make it work with a guy like Jason.
There's the scenes where Luke comes over to pick up Lorelai from Emily's and she's dismissive of him. Like, it's not what it was previously, but there's still this air about it that she'll always look down on him, in a way.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
My thoughts exactly. He and Lorelai just didn’t make sense. And he was just a weird dude.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Jason was.... something different. I'm just neutral on him as I see him as nothing but a filler, until Luke and Lorelai get together.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
There's the scenes where Luke comes over to pick up Lorelai from Emily's and she's dismissive of him. Like, it's not what it was previously, but there's still this air about it that she'll always look down on him, in a way.
Yes, she will always look down on him but I feel she at least accepted his role in her daughter's life. She always knew Lorelai loved him from the first time she witnessed their chemistry firsthand.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I wish season 1 Emily's attitude towards Luke and Lorelai stuck around. Once they actually got together and the stunt she pulled with Chris was just.... idk, it went against that original attitude, of telling Luke they were both idiots (for not being togeyher).
Old 05-22-2021, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, it was tough to see her go from how she was in season 1 to the Crap she pulled in season 5 with Chris.

And my phone capitalized “crap” and I’m totally fine with that decision.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

Of course, Chris didn't help matters by just doing what she said. Not that I expect less from that slimy git.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Had to look up what that meant.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Haha. He is the perfect definition of a slimy git.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know 'git' from reading Harry Potter.

Jason was okay, he didn't bother me too much.